Mouse pad for a recliner

shifty68

2[H]4U
Ok, I have a rather singular issue. I play pc in a recliner, I have the keyboard in my lap and the mouse on the arm.

It started out working fine until I wore out the arm and now it doesnt track very well, it jitters around when I move. Its not a massive jitter but it makes sniping and distance shots a pain in the ass.

So I tried using a mouse pad, this worked well right up to the point when the rough edge from the pad cut through my g9's cable and killed it.

So any ideas of mouse pads that dont have the properties of a hacksaw or alternative fixes would be appreciated.

Microsfot Blu Lazer mouse would cure all of that....

Works on any surface ^__^

Just a thought and all dependent on how much you care about the look of the recliner but I would think about going out and getting one of those very thin and flexible plastic chopping mats (like a cutting board for the kitchen I mean). Something like this (just as an example) - cut it to size and somehow fasten it to the arm of the chair. Glue it with a hot glue gun maybe? Turn part of the chair arm itself into a mousing surface.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Hmm that could work, I might try that. I dont care what my recliner looks like. its about 10 years old with well over 10k hours in of gaming,tv,and sleeping on it, so it looks like crap but its comfortable as hell. :D

The only caveat is that you test it before you fasten it down obviously. Test the surface with the mouse to make sure the mouse will function properly.

The more I think about it you probably wouldn't have to or really want to glue it down at all. Cut some slits around the edges of the mat and sew some buttons onto the recliner and button that sucker down..lol. Or buy some elastic banding from a fabric store and secure it that way. Having it be removable is probably the way to go in case you ever need to clean it or replace it.

If you do try it, take some pics and let us know how it goes. I would certainly be curious.

I ordered the mats, Ya I started thinking about cutting slits the moment I saw the mats. I will take some pics once its completed.

What kind of wack pad are you using that's capable of cutting wires, one of the metal ones?
You could just tape the edge with electrical tape or something to soften it right?

Just some cheapo pad. and i would rather not start putting tape on stuff.

Have you looked into one large foam or rubber backed cloth mouse pads? They available in 2mm to 6mm thickness that can easily drape over the armrest. Walmart or other computer stores should have them.

Back