Mouse like the G700 that doesn't stop working after a year

Trackr

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm on my third G700 in three years. They all last about a year before the double-clicking starts and they become virtually worthless and insanely annoying.

The reason I bought two more after the first one acted up is because I love how it feels.

So, I'm looking for a mouse that is as close to it as possible but can last more than 12 months.

Thanks!

oh yeah, logicrap, im currently on my third g700 too for the same reason, or starts to double click on left or it fails to register on the right. the thing is i totally got used to the four side buttons for gaming, thats the only reason i stil didnt got another from another brand and tossed this cheap made crap into the trashcan. im looking for this too.

they have a 3 year warranty, Logitech would have sent you replacements for free.
I repaired my failed ones by retensioning the leaf spring on the switch after they sent me the replacements.

they have a 3 year warranty, Logitech would have sent you replacements for free.
I repaired my failed ones by retensioning the leaf spring on the switch after they sent me the replacements.

i did, but im more of a "fuck warranty i prefer products with quality that just work" type of guy, because its a fucking annoyance.

Logitech doesn't even bother sending parts. They've always just shipped me a replacement, new in box, and a prepaid label to send the old one back.

I used my Logitech MX up until yesterday, I bought it in 2004.

Take the damn thing apart and hit the switches with some deoxit every year or so.

I used my Logitech MX up until yesterday, I bought it in 2004.

Take the damn thing apart and hit the switches with some deoxit every year or so.

yeah, i got a g5 in 2005 and the damn thing still works, i took it apart in 2012 and thoroughly cleaned it, still work like new. but this is an old logitech product, not from the current logicrap.

yeah, i got a g5 in 2005 and the damn thing still works, i took it apart in 2012 and thoroughly cleaned it, still work like new. but this is an old logitech product, not from the current logicrap.

Good point, manufacturing quality fluctuates for sure. The wireless logitech combo I use at work is complete shit, but again I think it was $20 for the pair heh. I use a K830 on my HTPC and it's been flawless so far.

Other than the new mouse that's all the newer logitech stuff I have

I'd recommend the Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum Professional Grade Wired/Wireless Gaming Mouse. It's a pretty good mouse, I haven't tested it personally, but by reading what is offers and reviews from different people, I can say it's a good mouse.

It has 11 programmable buttons, a wire/wireless options, a long lasting battery life. The only thing that sucks is the price.

Here is an article I found about that mouse, plus there's a lot of different mouse article on that site, it might help you find a new mouse. https://exposegaming.com/best-fps-gaming-mouse-2017/

kinda curious what the hell you do to your mouse. I have 4 g700's here (1 is a g700s) that I've had for YEARS, and they are all fine. I play an MMO also and two of them have probably 500k+ clicks...still fine.

oh yeah, logicrap, im currently on my third g700 too for the same reason, or starts to double click on left or it fails to register on the right. the thing is i totally got used to the four side buttons for gaming, thats the only reason i stil didnt got another from another brand and tossed this cheap made crap into the trashcan. im looking for this too.

What would you say is better? I've tried a few non-Logitech mice and they rarely feel as good in terms of build quality. Some of the ones that did feel like they were better built that I tried actually broke faster. Software like Corsair's Cue stuff is garbage. Razer's not a better option either. It's a lot worse. Most of my Logitech mice last for many years. I mostly replace them looking for something that might be better and to refresh them cosmetically as they'll start looking ragged after a year or so.

Indeed.

i did, but im more of a "fuck warranty i prefer products with quality that just work" type of guy, because its a fucking annoyance.

I think a lot of us would, but your pissing away money by not getting these replaced under warranty.

Wireless mice from other brands are much worse. The G700S buttons are twice as durable as the original G700's buttons. So you at least have that going for you.

This has been my experience as well. As for the G700S's durability, I've already worn one of my side buttons out to the point that it doesn't easily register button presses as well as it did when it was new. I've got two of them like this. It's a particular button I use for a repeated function in SWTOR and the heavy use of this as destroyed buttons on many, many mice. My current G700 (not sure if its the S model, but I'd assume so) is less than three months old. My other one is about 9 months old and it's way worse.

I'd recommend the Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum Professional Grade Wired/Wireless Gaming Mouse. It's a pretty good mouse, I haven't tested it personally, but by reading what is offers and reviews from different people, I can say it's a good mouse.

It has 11 programmable buttons, a wire/wireless options, a long lasting battery life. The only thing that sucks is the price.

Here is an article I found about that mouse, plus there's a lot of different mouse article on that site, it might help you find a new mouse. https://exposegaming.com/best-fps-gaming-mouse-2017/

I've looked at that mouse and I'd be all for trying it if the shape of it wasn't like that. It's too narrow for my tastes. I've been through that whole MX5xx family and its successors which have a similar shape. I need a wide mouse. Also, I play one MMO as well as the usual compliment of FPS games and I need more buttons than most mice offer. I don't actually need the G600's or Corsair Scimitar's massive amount of buttons, but I need more than the four or five total that most mice generally have.

kinda curious what the hell you do to your mouse. I have 4 g700's here (1 is a g700s) that I've had for YEARS, and they are all fine. I play an MMO also and two of them have probably 500k+ clicks...still fine.

I destroy mice and keyboards regularly. When I'm home I'm either reviewing a motherboard or playing games, browsing etc. Between both my jobs and gaming as a hobby, I'm on a computer for 14+ hours a day on most days. You guys have seen my long ass forum posts, articles etc. I type ALOT. Mouse use goes with that. Some devices hold up after a year mechanically but cosmetically, they are always look worn out by that time.

My current G700 (not sure if its the S model, but I'd assume so) is less than three months old. My other one is about 9 months old and it's way worse.

The G700 is all black and the G700s has white lines on it and horizontal lines across the left right buttons and on the palm area.
G700-and-G700s-Logitech-Mice-Side-by-Side.jpg

What would you say is better? I've tried a few non-Logitech mice and they rarely feel as good in terms of build quality. Some of the ones that did feel like they were better built that I tried actually broke faster. Software like Corsair's Cue stuff is garbage. Razer's not a better option either. It's a lot worse. Most of my Logitech mice last for many years. I mostly replace them looking for something that might be better and to refresh them cosmetically as they'll start looking ragged after a year or so.

Indeed.

I think a lot of us would, but your pissing away money by not getting these replaced under warranty.

This has been my experience as well. As for the G700S's durability, I've already worn one of my side buttons out to the point that it doesn't easily register button presses as well as it did when it was new. I've got two of them like this. It's a particular button I use for a repeated function in SWTOR and the heavy use of this as destroyed buttons on many, many mice. My current G700 (not sure if its the S model, but I'd assume so) is less than three months old. My other one is about 9 months old and it's way worse.

I've looked at that mouse and I'd be all for trying it if the shape of it wasn't like that. It's too narrow for my tastes. I've been through that whole MX5xx family and its successors which have a similar shape. I need a wide mouse. Also, I play one MMO as well as the usual compliment of FPS games and I need more buttons than most mice offer. I don't actually need the G600's or Corsair Scimitar's massive amount of buttons, but I need more than the four or five total that most mice generally have.

I destroy mice and keyboards regularly. When I'm home I'm either reviewing a motherboard or playing games, browsing etc. Between both my jobs and gaming as a hobby, I'm on a computer for 14+ hours a day on most days. You guys have seen my long ass forum posts, articles etc. I type ALOT. Mouse use goes with that. Some devices hold up after a year mechanically but cosmetically, they are always look worn out by that time.

Still though. I'm an ultra uber nerd like all of us here with the 12+ a day computer times sometimes. Just kinda odd to hear these stories. I remember having my 518 for almost 10 years before I replaced it.

I had the MX500, MX510, MX518, G5 I think it was which used the same shape, G7 wireless, G7 Rev2, and many others over the years. I never had problems with any of those. It was probably 10 years before my MX500 crapped out. I gave the MX510 to a friend and it's still working to this day. I had a G9x which started double clicking on me. That led to me trying The RAT 7 and MMO7. The RAT7 worked well but I hated the software and the fact that you couldn't save the configuration to it. The MMO7 broke on me. Twice. I have a Corsair Scimitar RGB. I hate the software with a passion. The top most thumb button has to be jammed down pretty hard for it to register now. The same thing happened to my G600.

I just looked it up and I've got a pair of G602 wireless gaming mice. That's what I'm currently using now. I love the shape but again, I've worn that top right thumb button to wear I have to hit it pretty hard a lot of the time now. I did that in three months which is bullshit. I do not like the shape of the G700S. I saw that one in the store and just couldn't stand it.

I had the MX500, MX510, MX518, G5 I think it was which used the same shape, G7 wireless, G7 Rev2, and many others over the years. I never had problems with any of those. It was probably 10 years before my MX500 crapped out. I gave the MX510 to a friend and it's still working to this day. I had a G9x which started double clicking on me. That led to me trying The RAT 7 and MMO7. The RAT7 worked well but I hated the software and the fact that you couldn't save the configuration to it. The MMO7 broke on me. Twice. I have a Corsair Scimitar RGB. I hate the software with a passion. The top most thumb button has to be jammed down pretty hard for it to register now. The same thing happened to my G600.

I just looked it up and I've got a pair of G602 wireless gaming mice. That's what I'm currently using now. I love the shape but again, I've worn that top right thumb button to wear I have to hit it pretty hard a lot of the time now. I did that in three months which is bullshit. I do not like the shape of the G700S. I saw that one in the store and just couldn't stand it.

II used an MX 500 from 2004 till last week heh. Replaced it with the G700s, was worried about the swoopyness(?) of the ass end compared to my 500, but I honestly don't even notice it, aside from it being a bunch more grippy and faster responding, it feels almost idential to the MX500 in my hand

II used an MX 500 from 2004 till last week heh. Replaced it with the G700s, was worried about the swoopyness(?) of the ass end compared to my 500, but I honestly don't even notice it, aside from it being a bunch more grippy and faster responding, it feels almost idential to the MX500 in my hand

That's why I didn't like the shape of it. It is too close to those older mice. They would hurt my hand after several hours of gaming. So far, there have only been a few mice I could really use for long periods of time:

Corsair Scimitar RGB - Retired due to my hatred of the Cue software.
Logitech MX1000 - Returned to the store. I tried three of these and the lag displayed by these was intolerable.
Logitech G600 - This mouse developed the top thumb button issue I have with a lot of mice. I also found it's side buttons to be too small for my hands.
Logitech G602 - Current mouse. I have two of these, both of which have developed the same stiffness / lack of registration of input on the top most right thumb button.
Cyborg R.A.T.7 - This is my favorite mouse physically, and the one that's held up the best cosmetically. Unfortunately, the shitty software and the inability to save settings / key binds to the mouse kills it for me. Frequently, the software would stop running and I'd be unable to use any of the extra buttons. During a boss fight in an MMO, this will not do.
Cyborg M.M.O.7 - This mouse suffered from the same issues that plague the R.A.T.7, but suffer from being physically very fragile. Some of the thumb buttons broke on me with two different examples in a short time. I think the extra buttons are simply too small and not well designed. It's just like the R.A.T.7 with more buttons added to it.

I've owned probably two dozen mice or more over the years but those are the only ones I can use for any length of time without developing some sort of discomfort in my wrist.

That's why I didn't like the shape of it. It is too close to those older mice. They would hurt my hand after several hours of gaming. So far, there have only been a few mice I could really use for long periods of time:

Corsair Scimitar RGB - Retired due to my hatred of the Cue software.
Logitech MX1000 - Returned to the store. I tried three of these and the lag displayed by these was intolerable.
Logitech G600 - This mouse developed the top thumb button issue I have with a lot of mice. I also found it's side buttons to be too small for my hands.
Logitech G602 - Current mouse. I have two of these, both of which have developed the same stiffness / lack of registration of input on the top most right thumb button.
Cyborg R.A.T.7 - This is my favorite mouse physically, and the one that's held up the best cosmetically. Unfortunately, the shitty software and the inability to save settings / key binds to the mouse kills it for me. Frequently, the software would stop running and I'd be unable to use any of the extra buttons. During a boss fight in an MMO, this will not do.
Cyborg M.M.O.7 - This mouse suffered from the same issues that plague the R.A.T.7, but suffer from being physically very fragile. Some of the thumb buttons broke on me with two different examples in a short time. I think the extra buttons are simply too small and not well designed. It's just like the R.A.T.7 with more buttons added to it.

I've owned probably two dozen mice or more over the years but those are the only ones I can use for any length of time without developing some sort of discomfort in my wrist.

well that sucks :( , My hands must not be too picky, although I hate a small mouse, and I have pretty small hands.

I love my RAT7. It is hands down the most comfortable mouse I have ever owned. The precision is horrid though. Lift the mouse off the surface and it moves 3-6 inches on the screen. Vertical axis locks up sometimes only to have horizontal movement. I almost pulled the trigger with the Rat ProX with optical sensor, but saw they are releasing the ProX+ so I am waiting on that to likely pull the trigger. This has been almost a year in waiting for that mouse.

Dan_D i have no idea Dan, thats why i asked, and it has to be wireless and i dont want razer. this g700 in my desk was already exchanged once under warranty and i just had enough, first trouble and its flying to the trash can.

I love my RAT7. It is hands down the most comfortable mouse I have ever owned. The precision is horrid though. Lift the mouse off the surface and it moves 3-6 inches on the screen. Vertical axis locks up sometimes only to have horizontal movement. I almost pulled the trigger with the Rat ProX with optical sensor, but saw they are releasing the ProX+ so I am waiting on that to likely pull the trigger. This has been almost a year in waiting for that mouse.

Many people reported those issues although I've never experienced them. Since the R.A.T. series was part of Mad Catz, anything unreleased is unlikely to ever see the light of day. The company filed Chapter 7 bankruptcy. They are done.

My current mice that I use are the Logitech G602's, bought one almost 2 years ago and loved it and bought another one last year for my other computer.
I still have a few of my older Logitech mice, and they all still work, I just don't have enough computers to use them on, lol.
MX1000
MX Revolution
G700 (I had 3 of these at one time, original one I bought and 2 replacements that Logitech sent me for the left click issue they developed, repaired 2 of them and used them and the 3rd one was never opened, sold it to my brother)
Also have a few other lower end Logitech wireless mice that I use for laptops and what not.
I have been very pleased with Logitech's Customer Service over the years so I only buy Logitech mice and keyboards.

As an update, I ended up buying the G602 mainly because of the side buttons and the fact that I found it for $50 while the G502 and G700s were $70.

As an update, I ended up buying the G602 mainly because of the side buttons and the fact that I found it for $50 while the G502 and G700s were $70.

post your impressions later, like how is getting used to the side buttons etc coming from the g700

No problem. As a side note, I bought the M560 a week ago and it's just absolutely terrible.

It slopes down from the base and my hand simply doesn't contort that way. Luckily it's not for me.

Many people reported those issues although I've never experienced them. Since the R.A.T. series was part of Mad Catz, anything unreleased is unlikely to ever see the light of day. The company filed Chapter 7 bankruptcy. They are done.

Oh my! I did not know that. Time to find a new mouse then. Where to go from here.... who knows.

I am on two replacement g700s currently. One barely gets used and the other was my gaming mouse.

The G700s has quietly disappeared from Logitech's website, so it doesn't look good for the future of that model. Looks like G602 is the closest thing to it, but IMO the number of thumb buttons is overkill. I'd probably end up disabling 2 of them just so I don't hit the wrong ones by mistake.

The left button switch on my G602 wore out after 2 years of heavy use. They all wear out! If you think Razer, Corsair, or any of the other brands are better, you'd be wrong.

My G700s lasted me about 2 years before giving out. I tried cleaning it/taking it apart, but I suspect the problem was somewhere in the wireless communication.

I picked up a G900 and have been loving it ever since. I do wish it was a little bigger/heavier, but I think it's the best wireless mouse offered today. I've tried Razer (The Ouroboros - good god that thing was terrible) and one from Steelseries. I am a little curious about Razer's upcoming offering - the Lancehead, but I'll wait for plenty of reviews. I've had horrible luck with Razer mice. Everything else (my Blade, Keyboard, Controller) have been awesome.

I love my 700s, but I have had to replace it once already due to the button issue. I will just replace them every few years I guess, until they make a better version or bring back the MS trackball explorer....

With a little luck Amazon will keep selling the 700 and 700s at retail for the next couple years. I'd imagine at some point Logitech will create a successor of some sort.

Back