Mouse lag on LG HDTV

I recently picked up an 32LE5300 32" 120hz TV to use for gaming and the PC. My mouse lags on it though. I'm outputting the native 1080p resolution via VGA with Gaming mode enabled, but my cursor is still lagging a bit making it floaty.

Now, what's strange is that if I fire up Team Fortress 2 or Bioshock (both in 1080p), movement is snappy without any lag at all. Also, I've found that if I switch the input from the PC to my laptop connected over HDMI and back again, the lag disappears. If I turn the TV off and back on again, however; the lag returns until I swap inputs. Weird. :confused:

It's not a deal breaker, but it is pretty annoying and especially now that I know that the lag *can* disappear but won't unless I go through an (in my mind) unnecessary process. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks!

Things I've tried:
Switched from HDMI to VGA
Enabled TruMotion while connected via HDMI (grayed out via VGA)
Enabled Gaming mode
Switched input label to Gaming then PC
Changed the refresh in Catalyst Control Center

Things I will try soon:
Enable Gaming mode via HDMI
Swap my mouse

Relevant specs:
32LE5300
XFX Radeon 6870
Q6600 CPU
2GB Corsair DDR2
Logitech mx510

Trumotion will add lag. It's interpolating frames and that means buffering two images to insert a middle image.

VGA generally is laggy on my older LG TV, so I'd recommend against that.

You should probably try using HDMI with game mode enabled. My Samsung 50C8000 plasma is horribly laggy over HDMI if game mode is off, and quite good with it on.

Not as good as a high speed/low lag monitor, but should be closer to it for ya.

for me i got a same tv but LE5400.

i use wire mouse + DVI>VGA cable problem fixed:)

Yea avoid VGA mode and go with HDMI , something about VGA mode always makes it worse for input latency. Sounds like a weird bug that could be fixed with a firmware update though so check and see if there is one.

Well, I hooked HDMI back up, removed VGA, grabbed a new mouse, and labeled the HDMI 1 input as PC and my mouse is consistently snappy again even after logging off and back in and rebooting. Now for some por--err, youtube! :D

Thanks for the tips. Also, can anyone give me some tips on how to calibrate the picture for optimal quality?

how's the text and black level on this tv - I'm thinking of picking one up.

That's why I asked which panel he got.

For IPS, look for one with a "W" serial number instead of "D" or other letter.

Back