Mouse issues with KDE Plasma in Manjaro

t4keheart

Weaksauce
Hi everyone,
Wondering if anyone else has run into this- I just installed Manjaro for the first time, KDE plasma variant.

My mouse just doesn't work well. It works well enough for use, but it's just not smooth. It often jumps around the screen and just feels laggy. I'm using a 2GB nvidia 1050GTX, and installed the proprietary drivers (40xx driver?). I don't see any options in the input devices section. I tried switching kernels to a newer kernel, no luck.

I'm using a regular logitech mouse plugged into a usb port. Think it's something with the display drivers? Synaptic drivers?

Is this a laptop or a desktop? If it is a laptop does it have some form of switchable graphics solution? I run KDE Neon using Nvidia graphics and I don't experience this issue, but I am running a desktop with no switchable graphics.

[EDIT]: Interesting, there's a couple of reports related to this issue on the Manjaro forums, and it's always a Logitech mouse (G502) causing the issue. Do you have another mouse, preferably just a simple mouse with no inbuilt memory or configurable polling options?

This should probably be in the Linux sub forum.

Back