Mouse from Best Buy?

oMek

Gawd
ATM I have a g500 that is going out on me, it is 2-3 years old and can not be replaced by logitech. (4th g5/g500 to die on me).

I have a 50$ gift card for best buy and am looking for a decent mouse that can compare. I will spend alittle more if needed but under 75$ total with tax.

The corsair m60 looks really nice but seems not many people like it?

I picked up a G700 last night from my local best buy in Augusta that was on sale for 59.99. However, since you have had a lot of replacement logitech mice, not sure if you want another lol

i had my G5 for like 4years of frequent gaming before it started going

I bought a m60 and haaaaaated it....too small for me to use comfortably and the sniper button is possibly most stupidly placed button ever placed on a mouse..

whatever returned it

bought a g500 and love it... mine is 6mos old I guess.

since the g500 ain't working out for you not sure how that helps exactly...but the m60 is not good for people with decent man sized hands in my view....I hated that thing a lot.

Picked up a Razer Taipan a few weeks ago for $70 and I absolutely love it. I wasn't so sure of the ambi-design coming from a Deathadder but the Taipan IMO is way more comfortable and the grip is perfect if you have medium-sized hands and use a palm-grip

In regards to the M60 I had one for a few days and ended up returning it. The sensor caught a ridiculous amount of lint on my Puretrak and the scroll wheel was ridiculously wonky.

Picked up a Razer Taipan a few weeks ago for $70 and I absolutely love it. I wasn't so sure of the ambi-design coming from a Deathadder but the Taipan IMO is way more comfortable and the grip is perfect if you have medium-sized hands and use a palm-grip

In regards to the M60 I had one for a few days and ended up returning it. The sensor caught a ridiculous amount of lint on my Puretrak and the scroll wheel was ridiculously wonky.

I have a death adder also... and I'd take it over a M60 (although the looks / build quality of the m60 are probably better) but as far as usability goes the Razers might worth a look as BB seems to carry some of them.

oh right that freaking scroll wheel on the M60 is an abomination also .... the deal breaker was the inability to get my hand on it comfortably but that scroll wheel might well have done it also.

i think for me even if i had to buy a new one every year the G500 is just the perfect mouse for me... it is a bit of a bummer that like some reviews mention the finish on the g500 near logitech logo wears quickly but it is just the perfect fit for my hands.

hmm might just go with another logitech i guess. The one I have now just randomly drops connection and reconnects 3-5 sec later.

hmm might just go with another logitech i guess. The one I have now just randomly drops connection and reconnects 3-5 sec later.

Thats what both my G5 and G500 do. I'm thinking I might cannibalize my old MX500 that the skates have worn completely off of and put its cable on the G500, see if that fixes it. I really hate Logitechs braided cables.

Look at the Razer DeathAdder. a little bit more on the price b ut you can't go wrong with them. I love my Death, haven't had any issues with it and the drivers are awesome.

Golod luck to you sir!

and the drivers are awesome...

Actually, Razer drivers now suck. I won't say what they suck like, as this is a family forum ;). Much like their historical build quality.

As people here know, the Razer Synapse 2.0 drivers store all your mouse (& keyboard) settings in their own "cloud". Meaning they load over the internet and you can't use your customized driver settings until you connect with them over the internet. And you have no option to store them locally ever again (if you could before) when you install Synapse.

Having to connect to the internet to load personal peripheral settings without an option to do so locally if you prefer is absurd. Not to mention the personal data you have to hand over. In the old days of peripherals, registration was optional; not anymore with Razer.

Apparently in the past couple of weeks, they have added/improved an "offline mode", but its still problematic (and you still need to register to use your hardware). More details about it all here & (later article) here.

Back