Mouse Driver in DOS?

starhawk

[H]F Junkie
Erm, I *think* this goes here... if not, somebody move it...

Okay. I've got a Fellowes Web Pro optical mouse. It's a USB mouse. I love it. I also enjoy ancient computer games, like Space Quest and the like... unfortunately, my mouse doesn't always work. In fact, in the pure DOS games, it doesn't seem to work at all. (The ones that were created after Windows 95 have no problem).

This means that I need a mouse driver for DOS-- for a USB mouse. I can't use PS/2 because (1) I don't have an adapter, (2) I don't have another mouse, and (3) my lappy doesn't even have a PS/2 port anyways.

I've looked on Google, and on Fellowes' web site (unhelpful as always with corporate sites such as that) and found nothing. No help there.

So where can I get a DOS mouse driver for a USB mouse? Is there even such a thing?

http://www.stefan2000.com/darkehorse/PC/DOS/Drivers/USB/

As a general rule, USB is NOT supported in DOS. There are companies and individuals who are producing USB stacks for DOS, but nothing practical yet for the everyday DOS user. I hope to include all of the software and information available on this page since this topic does tend to pop up a lot on discussion boards.

2 mouse drivers are listed
OHCI (Open Host Controller Interface) & UHCI (the Intel standard for USB controllers)

Thank you very much, Ice Czar, just downloaded the UHCI version and ran it... let's see if it works.

---LATER---
Nope. Dangit. I'll just install the game on my PC when I get back home and run it there. If that doesn't work... I've got "/DOSBox" my P1 150MHz AT Tower system :rolleyes: that game will definitely run on there.

I tried, unsuccessfully, to get a USB mouse driver to work in DOS on my Shuttle box. I gave up.

Back