Mouse DPI

Its lower dpi unfortunately, 12,000 vs 16,000 dpi.
I dont know what other changes were made with the sensor.
Well, according to everything I've read in the past, oh, ten hours, all I need is 800 DPI. heh

Well, according to everything I've read in the past, oh, ten hours, all I need is 800 DPI. heh
The point of my op was to demonstrate the need/use for very high DPI sensors over the actual DPI used.
I already tried a 12,000 dpi (albeit probably a different sensor) and wasnt happy with it on my sofa.
I only know what has worked well for me.

I dont wish to argue, I will be sad if you buy something that doesnt satisfy based on what I said :)

edit
Damn I wish I could read (extremely sore head day), you ordered what I recommended anyway lol.
pls ignore me.

Last edited:
The point of my op was to demonstrate the need/use for very high DPI sensors over the actual DPI used.
I already tried a 12,000 dpi (albeit probably a different sensor) and wasnt happy with it on my sofa.
I only know what has worked well for me.

I dont wish to argue, I will be sad if you buy something that doesnt satisfy based on what I said :)

edit
Damn I wish I could read (extremely sore head day), you ordered what I recommended anyway lol.
pls ignore me.
haha, no issues man! Its all good.

Mouse pad and Hero mouse should be here this week.

So now I'm dividing everything by 4. I have mouse set to 3200 DPI,which logic tells me is closer to 800. Then 7.00 in game. For a total of 5600. Seems right in line with others have suggested.

if you have an 8k monitor and suck at FPS games the problem may be that your monitor is too damn big. A long time ago I noticed that some people that did really well played on small (17" era) monitors. Assuming everything else is the same, the person that has to turn his head to see someone is going to lose to the person that doesn't.

if you have an 8k monitor and suck at FPS games the problem may be that your monitor is too damn big. A long time ago I noticed that some people that did really well played on small (17" era) monitors. Assuming everything else is the same, the person that has to turn his head to see someone is going to lose to the person that doesn't.
8k DPI on the mouse there bud. I'm not even sure an 8k monitor is even readily available. :D

Yea, the Hero is what is on the way.

Damn I hate that mouse, still got one lying around here somewhere, worst mouse I ever laid my hands upon, bought it after reading so many good things about it and could not stand it, hope you like it better.

Not too scare you btw it is a very popular mouse so it must be doing something right, just not for me :D

Damn I hate that mouse, still got one lying around here somewhere, worst mouse I ever laid my hands upon, bought it after reading so many good things about it and could not stand it, hope you like it better.

Not too scare you btw it is a very popular mouse so it must be doing something right, just not for me :D
What didnt you like?

Make sure you uninstall that other mouse software when you get the new mouse, it may be causing some of your issues. Actually you should try uninstalling that software with your current mouse.

I liked my 502 and used it for years before moving to lighter mice, but as a general desktop mouse I would have no issues using one today.

What didnt you like?

Placement of the forward and back buttons and the oh so annoyingly positioned snipe button that I could not stop pressing all the time, think I even unbound it in some games.

Placement of the forward and back buttons and the oh so annoyingly positioned snipe button that I could not stop pressing all the time, think I even unbound it in some games.
They dont present me with a problem. The forward/back buttons are perfectly placed and I have to reach forward to access the other button which I use for page refresh (F5).
Do you have a long thumb?

I know I should just let this go, but its bugging me.

This is weird.

jhgfjhgfjfg.png

I remove the HID mouse in red and my mouse dies. Nothing happens with the USB Laser Game Mouse in blue. I can't select default or anything either. And why is it showing up as a keyboard? Programmable buttons maybe? But yea, its like its not selecting the USB mouse as default.

I know I should just let this go, but its bugging me.

This is weird.

View attachment 200484

I remove the HID mouse in red and my mouse dies. Nothing happens with the USB Laser Game Mouse in blue. I can't select default or anything either. And why is it showing up as a keyboard? Programmable buttons maybe? But yea, its like its not selecting the USB mouse as default.
My G502 Hero is also a keyboard, MS must be working hard on something else.

The trend is towards larger movements from the elbow and forearm over smaller movements from the wrist. Larger movements lower dpi, supposedly better on the wrist and more accurate. On the wrist issue, quite possibly better, on the accurate I call bs. Everyone I play with at lans use large movements, and I beat them 9/10 times on games they regularly play and I only touch when with them (overwatch, COD).

Personally I sit on the upper midrange of my corsairs settings and use my wrist.

The trend is towards larger movements from the elbow and forearm over smaller movements from the wrist. Larger movements lower dpi, supposedly better on the wrist and more accurate. On the wrist issue, quite possibly better, on the accurate I call bs. Everyone I play with at lans use large movements, and I beat them 9/10 times on games they regularly play and I only touch when with them (overwatch, COD).

Personally I sit on the upper midrange of my corsairs settings and use my wrist.
I am all wrist. My elbow doesn't leave the armrest on the chair. Been like that for decades no matter the genre of game.

on other thing. there were instructions on how to modify registry settings (at least in 8.1) to get rid of scaling. it is more than just the mouse control panel. may be worth looking into. and if you have prior mouse software installed, that also may be causing conflicts.

I use an 800 dpi mouse. In terms of gaming I play wndowed on a 34" wide monitor. The window is typically 1920x1200. a flick of my wrist will take the mouse cursor from one side of the window to the other

I run my Logitech MX Master at 1,000 dpi which is right on the edge of usability for me. Quick turns and movement while using a minimal amount of desk space (roughly 4" square area).

I have my G502 cranked to 10,000 DPI and sensitivity adjusted to make it usable. The tracking is absolutely amazing at this resolution. I always used to use 800 DPI like everyone else, but that is just what the default on these mice has always been. You guys should take advantage of your high DPI mice.

Running 850dpi on my 32 inch Omen @1440p with a G502 proteus.

I don't know how some of you have in the 1000's if you're playing competively.

100% polling rate.

74574677_3119703884713236_3146145122928820224_o.jpg

Walmart had some 900mm x 400mm Hyper X mouse pads for 29.00 after discount I got like 3.00 off I had a Corsair one before but didn't care for the jadged design and it was shorter by about 4 inches. I'm still using a QCK thick on top of it I own about 6 of those only like 9.00 at Work. This is the biggest mouse pad I ever owned I wish it was shorter because I move my monitors around when I game but I can just lift it up.

Attachments

• 74574677_3119703884713236_3146145122928820224_o.jpg
    74574677_3119703884713236_3146145122928820224_o.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 0
View attachment 200987

Walmart had some 900mm x 400mm Hyper X mouse pads for 29.00 after discount I got like 3.00 off I had a Corsair one before but didn't care for the jadged design and it was shorter by about 4 inches. I'm still using a QCK thick on top of it I own about 6 of those only like 9.00 at Work. This is the biggest mouse pad I ever owned I wish it was shorter because I move my monitors around when I game but I can just lift it up.
Well, that doesn't quite work for my setup. My desk is a corner desk and my mouse area is at an angle.

Don't have a pic, but it did give me a chance to burn 5m at my desk using MSPaint:
jjjjjjjjjj.png

So since my mouse is in a little corner like that, I can't use a long pad that covers the keyboard and mouse.

Not sure if that makes any sense.

I use 16K w/ ultra low sensitivity in games. I've become so used to high DPI, that anything less feels slow to me. I do admit that I suck at some precision shots but overall I think I do well enough.

Running 850dpi on my 32 inch Omen @1440p with a G502 proteus.

I don't know how some of you have in the 1000's if you're playing competively.

100% polling rate.
Sensitivity is often set to the lowest in games or a little above, while Windows is set to 2 or 4 clicks above the minimum (precision/acceleration turned off, of course). Some games the value has to be set manually. Other games still refuse to work with high DPI for some reason, in which case I'll revert to 800-1200 DPI.

Well, that doesn't quite work for my setup. My desk is a corner desk and my mouse area is at an angle.

Don't have a pic, but it did give me a chance to burn 5m at my desk using MSPaint:
View attachment 200989

So since my mouse is in a little corner like that, I can't use a long pad that covers the keyboard and mouse.

Not sure if that makes any sense.

Just curious, what's stopping you from putting monitor #2 directly next to your main one?

Just curious, what's stopping you from putting monitor #2 directly next to your main one?
Space for one. I may be able to cram them both in there. Monitor two is also elevated several inches. I sort of like it that way. I use it for browsing and YouTube videos. The setup actually works quite well for me. I've had this setup for ten years now, at least.

Its sort of like this:

9237004_orig.png

Configuration is a little different, but the general idea is there.

I use 16K w/ ultra low sensitivity in games. I've become so used to high DPI, that anything less feels slow to me. I do admit that I suck at some precision shots but overall I think I do well enough.

I typically set my sensitivity as low as possible in games then just toggle between 800dpi for menus and higher dpi for gameplay, but most games don't let you set sensitivity low enough to take advantage of maxed out mouse dpi. Hell, a lot of games don't even let you set it low enough to use normal dpi.

I typically set my sensitivity as low as possible in games then just toggle between 800dpi for menus and higher dpi for gameplay, but most games don't let you set sensitivity low enough to take advantage of maxed out mouse dpi. Hell, a lot of games don't even let you set it low enough to use normal dpi.

I usually stick to 0.1 for sensitivity in games that allow it

It's absolutely more accurate to an extent. Too far on either side of the scale probably isn't good.
But the most important thing is what is comfortable for you.

Mouse and pad came in today. Got it all setup. Just dicking with a few settings right now.

8000DPI. Bwahahahahha! Old mouse certainly was NOT 8000. Holy crap, 8k is nuts. I can't even use that. haha

2k feels about right. 800 is just too slow. I'll adjust in game settings to lower the sensitivity a bit though.

Zowie EC1-A @ 400 dpi

Windows 10 default settings. I usually need to turn games down to near the lowest setting.

it all comes down to your preference.

I have 4 different DPI's set on my mouse. I can switch between them with two buttons. I don't remember what they are set at anymore. But I have a low and slow, a medium slow, a medium fast, and a very fast setting. And they are used depending upon the situation.

Low and slow is pretty much for sniping or something which needs a more careful movement. The very fast is used for something like a tank turrent in battlefield games, where they buffer your inputs to be slower. And then medium slow and medium fast are for normal use. Depending upon the game or the situation. So still talking about shooters, I tend to like the medium slow for shotguns.

it all comes down to your preference.

I have 4 different DPI's set on my mouse. I can switch between them with two buttons. I don't remember what they are set at anymore. But I have a low and slow, a medium slow, a medium fast, and a very fast setting. And they are used depending upon the situation.

Low and slow is pretty much for sniping or something which needs a more careful movement. The very fast is used for something like a tank turrent in battlefield games, where they buffer your inputs to be slower. And then medium slow and medium fast are for normal use. Depending upon the game or the situation. So still talking about shooters, I tend to like the medium slow for shotguns.
Yea, I've set it up for 800 and 1200. I'd like to try to adjust to 800 like people suggested, but its not working just yet.

Back