Mouse comparable to the Razer Naga and not Razer.

Hitmanthe3rd

Limp Gawd
<<<BEFORE YOU POST! I have tried firmware, drivers, cleaning, different computer, white surface fixes>> My Razer Naga has started skipping/stuttering on me (and based on all the forum posts it's nearing the end) and I'm looking to purchase a new mouse. The naga has survived 2 years of me MMO'ing and FPS'ing on it and I was very satisfied with it. If I'm going to buy a new mouse I figured I should try something different because I guess I would feel stupid purchasing the same mouse (But chances are I might). I NEED at least 9 hot keys and they have to be on the side and accessible by my thumb, also I need them to be set to key strokes and not just used for Macros, Macros are neat but cannot be used in every game like BF3 and CSS. I'm going to be using it on FPS's as much as MMOs. Thank you for all your opinions and I look forward to hearing your thoughts. Thank you

Yup, you really only have 1 choice. But let me tell you, IT'S AN AWESOME CHOICE.

The mouse itself is very well built and the software built just as well. Some don't like it because it can get a little complicated, but I think that it's what makes it awesome.

Trust me you aren't going to find a better product.

btw, this mouse is much heavier than the naga. It's also meant for bigger hands.

Honestly, the software on the M90 is terribad, and the sensor in the Cyborgs is about 100% more likely to fail than another Razer. Get a Naga Epic, I did. It's KIND of different :)

Well the R.A.T 7 MMO mouse have an updated version of the naga laser which also appears to be alot more reliable according to users having the MMO 7 (me included).

I bought my MMO now after having two nagas and both ended up with problems with doublecliking instead of singleclicks. So I basically got tired of the build quality and changed to the MMO 7. Sofar I am very pleased and happy. The transition over went really fast.

Now I should mention that I have not had the mouse for such long time so I cannot say to much about the long term build quality.

/T

Avoid Corsair mice! Their software is horrible. I cant believe they released these mice with the state that their software is in.

I've been looking at these 3 mice for a while now and they each have their own problems.

Corsair's drivers are horrible to say the least. It seems like they are trying to fix them judging by the amazon review responses but it still sounds like you can't hold a bound button down so if you use a thumb button for your voice chatting you wouldn't be able to push-to-talk.

The Naga has questionable to totally shit build quality and it seems to be a crapshoot on whether you get a decent mouse or not. The mouse buttons in particular seem to fail on the regular. Also they take ~2 weeks to replace any busted mice under warranty.

The MMO7 seems to be the middle of the road with so-so drivers and some failure problems. It might be that there just isn't as big a group of people using this mouse so there isn't a good enough sample size to judge build quality but I've seen people reporting issues pretty much identical to the Naga but with much less frequency.

I honestly have no idea which to go with but I'm leaning towards the Naga just because the software is good and they do honor their warranty even if it takes them forever. You may want to have a backup mouse though. It's a shame really because if Corsair could get their act together and release drivers that aren't totally bunk I would go with the M90. If you're dead set on some change I would try out the MMO7 since the functionality of the M90 is crippled by the drivers.

I just love how people keep saying that Corsair's drivers and software for their mice is terrible, yet no one has any proof or specifics on why it's bad.

I have used the M90 for a month now, and have set up tens of macros, the sensor is awesome and precise, and have yet to have a problem with hardware/software.

I just love how people keep saying that Corsair's drivers and software for their mice is terrible, yet no one has any proof or specifics on why it's bad.

I'm guessing you don't use TS/Vent/Mumble? If you do you certainly don't bind a push-to-talk button onto your mouse like 90% of the people I know. The reason Corsairs drivers and software are shit is because they lack the functionality to make the buttons work like they are supposed to.

Currently when you hold one of the thumb buttons down it will either spam the action repeatedly or will give you one press. There is no on press or on release commands you can issue to the buttons. Personally for me that makes it absolutely worthless.

If you don't use that sort of functionality and never will don't worry about it and pick up the M90. If you ever plan on holding one of those thumb buttons down get yourself an MMO 7.

If you don't want to believe me maybe you should take a peek in the Corsair forums. The drivers are still in beta and hold functionality is something they are "working on" but there's no date attached to that. Frankly they should have had the drivers fixed by now. It's been something like 5 months since they launched the mouse and it still has issues that every other mouse on the block doesn't. Like I said elsewhere, the M90 will probably be a great mouse once Corsair manages to get their drivers together.

The original one got slammed for being of really poor quality and static shocks to it. Looks like they took all that into account as the legendary one has been heavily redesigned. They really should have added at least another two buttons to that thumb rocker though. I don;t know about the quality on it but it certainly looks more "functional" and ergonomic than the first version.

I would avoid anything with a phillips twin-eye sensor in it (almost all razer and RAT mice).

I just got a Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0. Best $35 I've spent since the last one I got back in 2002.

Back