Mounting holes: Reference PCB vs Others...

JCNiest5

2[H]4U
Generally on all video cards, but particularly RTX 2080 video card, are all holes the same? By "same," I mean hole size, distance between each hole, dimension, etc.... If an after-market GPU cooler fits a RTX 2080, does it fit 2070/2080 Ti/GTX 1080/Ti, etc? Or vice versa?

Need to mod a blower type of fan so the video card runs cooler. This is particularly for a Zotac RTX 2080 Blower, which is based on the reference PCB.

I am thinking of using some type CPU cooler as DIY mod, or just buy whatever is available out there.

Links, hints, any advice will greatly be appreciated.

TIA!

AFAIK the mounting holes are pretty much universal among videocard models. The RAM and individual mosfets and stuff can change if they use nonstandard PCB. (Which was fun when I installed my Accelero III and had to try and figure out what everything that needed cooled was.)

Look at the specifications of the cooler you want and it will tell you what cards it works with. Arctic specifies that the Accelero, for example, is only guaranteed to work with the reference boards listed in the specifications. Since the ZOTAC RTX 2080 Blower uses the reference PCB then I would assume the Accelero IV works with it. If you want to use a CPU AIO NZXT makes a "near" universal bracket for hybrid cooling called the Kraken G12. I think Corsair makes a similar product now.

The 2080 reference board is listed as being compatible with the Accelero III, but the directions supplied with it don't work. If you follow the directions, you'll bend the crap out of the PCB.

Not saying it won't work. With the correct shims and some time, it will. Just be prepared to spend a few days sourcing and trying out shims/spacers.

Back