Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord

For anyone who might have missed it or for those who don't like to read, this 'release' is actually early access (paid beta test). So there will be missing features, bugs and saved game breaking updates. They expect maybe a year of testing until the final finished release. Either way I'm still going to jump on it.

Same. I might have been on the fence if we weren't under quarantine. But now there is absolutely no reason not to play it in beta.

Not even worried about being early access. I'll still pick it up on the 30th.

Green Man Gaming is 17% off, and I got an additional 10% off from a VIP Voucher code. All total, it was $36.

Tempting. I never played the first but I've played other games based on it, and really enjoyed the concept.

How stable is this release? At least playable enough to be fun for someone who doesn't have nostalgia from the prior game to fuel them?

Tempting. I never played the first but I've played other games based on it, and really enjoyed the concept.

How stable is this release? At least playable enough to be fun for someone who doesn't have nostalgia from the prior game to fuel them?

It's early access, so, maybe. Assuming normal potentially game breaking bugs.

I'd expect glitchy bugginess initially. That is how the first game was at launch. I can't say until this evening when I can fire it up, already installed though.

It's early access, so, maybe. Assuming normal potentially game breaking bugs.

I'd expect glitchy bugginess initially. That is how the first game was at launch. I can't say until this evening when I can fire it up, already installed though.

Im usually very forgiving of EA games. I know what they are, and aren't, and I'm no stranger to calling people out for buying an EA game and expecting a polished product.

That said, I've gotten into some where the developers definetly mislead people into how playable the game was, and even had a few that were downright unplayable. Even EA games need to function. I don't expect this to be that, since it's a huge project, but to be cautious.

I ended up snagging this on steam. I own the first game from a humble bundle or something, just never fired it up. So, $40 (vs $36 at GMG), but I had $20 in Steam credit and have the option for a refund if I find it isn't for me.

Probably will fire it up tomorrow.

anyone playing? thoughts? just curious, working ATM just wanted to hear what people are saying.

Went ahead and bit without waiting for responses, 36 on GMG was a good deal. Now lets see how long this queue / DL process takes. Zzzzz

Only played for 20 minutes or so. Just enough to get through the tutorial.

So far it plays like the old game. Combat is the same, maybe slightly refined, mouse driven directional combat.

Fantastic music score.

Graphics are not amazing so far. Not terrible, but about what I would expect from the developer. Although the map is oddly blurry. Could just be me, as my eye's are fucked up at the moment.

Only played for 20 minutes or so. Just enough to get through the tutorial.

So far it plays like the old game. Combat is the same, maybe slightly refined, mouse driven directional combat.

Fantastic music score.

Graphics are not amazing so far. Not terrible, but about what I would expect from the developer. Although the map is oddly blurry. Could just be me, as my eye's are fucked up at the moment.

Pretty fun, same, 30 mins for me so far. TBH I never really played the old games much. I knew how they played, but never put much time into them. Combat is fun, cool campaign, all about combat, the quests/stories are meh - but it's enjoyable. I'm sure as you get further and further and bigger armies, tons of fun ensues.

I remember being better at this...lol

gettin my ass kicked in the arena

Bought it off Steam. 36GB download. Played through the tutorial since its been a while since I have played. Pretty rusty at the combat. lol Anyway no major glitches, bugs, crashes,etc., so far. But only went through the tutorial. Looks very promising so far. Can't wait to play more and see what's new and different/same.

Played about 2 hours today and I'm really digging it. Will be good fuel for quarantine!

Finding crashes already trying to do some quests. Everything was working last night. Trying to load into a map to talk to an NPC and it's crashing and generating crash reports. Might just be for one quest, not quite sure yet.

Any tips and tricks for getting renown fast? And as far as the first main quest goes, looking for 10 nobles. I've found (1) so far, any idea what the best way to go about finding more of them are?

Update: Looks like all the load-ins for NPC's are crashing my game. It's also not letting me upload the crash reports to server. Not sure if it was based off of the update that I downloaded during the night or what. But it seems my game is completely borked now. I can load into towns, but I can't load straight into quest NPC's or battles without a crash. Really stupid.

Last edited:
I haven't been able to play myself but I have read the TalesWorld forums and there are definitely plenty of issues people are having especially with single player. It seems they have spent more time working on multiplayer and single player needs quite a lot of work.
Of course I got called back to work right when this gets released so no quarantine game time for me.

I haven't been able to play myself but I have read the TalesWorld forums and there are definitely plenty of issues people are having especially with single player. It seems they have spent more time working on multiplayer and single player needs quite a lot of work.
Of course I got called back to work right when this gets released so no quarantine game time for me.

I'm about 8 hours in now, with no serious issues. I've had two CTDs. That's the only issue at all I've experienced.

9 hours game time and no crashes yet. Its looking pretty solid so far for an early access. I'm not doing a lot of quests though. Just killing Looters, Bandits, and etc., for level grinding.

I am about 6 hours in, no bugs, yet... Been killing bandits, trading, and the occasional quest to level up.

Any good ways to level up troops other than looking for 10+ bandits? In Warband I always went north to slaughter the strong bandits up north, larger parties, stronger infantry, etc., but so far, I haven't seen any of them.

I haven't had issues either, only 6 hours or so though. Just killing bandits/looters and the occasional hideout. Only issue is the lack of nobles. Can't catch the couple I've seen running around, and none are in their castle/keeps.

I played a couple hours last night and didn't come across any major issues or crashes. I did have a bunch of named npcs lined up in a row when I entered a town which think is a know bug.
They are also putting out patches fast so far which is nice.

Last edited:
Patch fixed whatever issue I had. There's a Steam thread that has a list of probably 100 things that will cause a CTD so you can avoid them.

Bugs, not bad, had a game crash the instant I tried to talk to the thugs down on the waterfront, saw a kid running around 30 feet up in the air, a blue patch of ground that went away when I ran over it, every little bug I have had has been in town.

One thing, every time I try to load my game is says some shit about incompatible module, but you choose to load with new module it seems to work fine

I figured out how to beat the arena; the bots are faster in combat than the old game, but they don't have the AI tendency to gang up on you like they used to so you can kind of hang back only engaging when you have to and then just beat the last guy. This is the exact opposite of the old game where the winning arena tactic was to run to every new opponent and clobber the shit out of him before the next one spawned. I imagine they will make this harder as time goes on, this bot combat with the old AI would be really hard. You spawn with the bow way more often than before also, which is nice. Beating the arena prolly 1 out of 6 now.

Do not miss the board games in the bar to build cash early, the AI isn't great and once you can beat it reliably it is a free 500 every town visit, way easier than the arena. As above, I expect the board game AI to improve as development progresses.

Bugs, not bad, had a game crash the instant I tried to talk to the thugs down on the waterfront, saw a kid running around 30 feet up in the air, a blue patch of ground that went away when I ran over it, every little bug I have had has been in town.

One thing, every time I try to load my game is says some shit about incompatible module, but you choose to load with new module it seems to work fine

I figured out how to beat the arena; the bots are faster in combat than the old game, but they don't have the AI tendency to gang up on you like they used to so you can kind of hang back only engaging when you have to and then just beat the last guy. This is the exact opposite of the old game where the winning arena tactic was to run to every new opponent and clobber the shit out of him before the next one spawned. I imagine they will make this harder as time goes on, this bot combat with the old AI would be really hard. You spawn with the bow way more often than before also, which is nice. Beating the arena prolly 1 out of 6 now.

Do not miss the board games in the bar to build cash early, the AI isn't great and once you can beat it reliably it is a free 500 every town visit, way easier than the arena. As above, I expect the board game AI to improve as development progresses.

Try to get a workshop with villages that create the raw resources. You start to get decent income though not the insane levels mentioned when there was a bug. (I have too I am making 250 or so each day, but I spent about 30k for both)

Why do all the companions you get outlevel you so quickly? I feel like the main character levels so slowly, am I missing something?

Why do all the companions you get outlevel you so quickly? I feel like the main character levels so slowly, am I missing something?

I think some of the companions start out a few levels up. I think they vary. I have one little girl that is hopeless so far.

What I have yet to figure out is where in the interface to give the companions better armor and weapons.

I think some of the companions start out a few levels up. I think they vary. I have one little girl that is hopeless so far.

What I have yet to figure out is where in the interface to give the companions better armor and weapons.

its in the character screen. when it loads up first its your character, at the top there's an arrow to switch between yourself and your companions. thats how you get to their equipment menus

Pro tip - if you lock items in your inventory, you can click SELL ALL at the top and it won't sell them...nice thing is, you can sell manually sell an item that is locked too....so basically, lock all your food and your horses and sell everything else easily, no more clicking manually...

Pro tip - if you lock items in your inventory, you can click SELL ALL at the top and it won't sell them...nice thing is, you can sell manually sell an item that is locked too....so basically, lock all your food and your horses and sell everything else easily, no more clicking manually...

fuckin' A !!

Yeah I noticed leveling is much slower than previous games. Not sure if this is good or bad yet. I just joined a kingdom (Southern Empire Empress) so its about to get real since they are at war with some other factions. I'll be fighting in bigger battles now.

Has anyone found an equivalent to the sword sisters in the old game? I hope they include that. I would always keep a good sized unit of them as my punishment corps; if someone really pissed me off I would go get them and beat his ass with an all female unit.

Yeah I noticed leveling is much slower than previous games. Not sure if this is good or bad yet. I just joined a kingdom (Southern Empire Empress) so its about to get real since they are at war with some other factions. I'll be fighting in bigger battles now.

The mistake I made was waiting too long before getting into big battles. I should have gone the vassal route instead of making my own kingdom first. This game is all about the big battles and they are amazing.

Last edited:
Well, with 27 hours logged I think I can say I'm a fan.

Can anyone comment on how multiplayer works? Is it the same as the single player campaign, just with someone else? I've never played something like this online, where'd you'd have a campaign that could easily be 50+ hours. Has it somehow been stripped down or simplified to make things move faster (similar to like how Civ works)?

In the old game multiplayer was just melee with a couple different modes like deathmatch and seige

Back