Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord

still waiting for some news about release, 2018? maybe?
lol i doubt that lets hope for 2019, im getting tired of playing viking conquest. I think one of the best features in bannerlord in my opinion is the ability to keep on playing after your main character dies. I hope we have bigger battles though like 600+ at playable fps

ermahgawd, it's just like warband, but with updated graphics! finally, a dev not fucking up a game, trying to make it... "better".

Can't wait. Must have completed over 5 campaigns in Warband where I owned the entire kingdom at the end.

Can't wait. Must have completed over 5 campaigns in Warband where I owned the entire kingdom at the end.
A far greater knight than I!

I've played so much mount and blade. 1866 for the original plus tons of other mods and then warband of course and all the mod options there. Then I found Pendor and got stuck on that for more countless hours. However I never once beat the game or even became king lol

if I recall, Pendor never gave me a completion even tho I had completed all of the tasks on the list and I think it was a glitch that was never resolved, pretty sure I completed Pendor on two separate occasion and both times it was like this.

They said at least 2 years back there is going to be a beta so they are not telling us anything new. I love the series but I'm getting really pissed at the constant recap of the same old info and making it sound like its new. Like I said I love the series but come on TW stop the crappy teasing and give us some kind of date time line. lol

A far greater knight than I!

I've played so much mount and blade. 1866 for the original plus tons of other mods and then warband of course and all the mod options there. Then I found Pendor and got stuck on that for more countless hours. However I never once beat the game or even became king lol

I am truly afraid to look at the total hours spent in the M&B world. It might make me reflect upon my decisions in life!

I played a bit of Warband this week because I've had the itch to play Mount and Blade lately, its too bad Bannerlord is taking forever. They shouldn't have announced it so early on IMO.

to kill time check this one out its like mount and blade but with guns....not quite as good as MaB but it somewhat scratchs that itch

Last edited:
Eh, at least they've finally set a release date.

Given how small they are, I'll give them a break on how long it is taking. It is not like they were given a few hundred million dollars by selling different horse types at $100+ a pop.

Reactions: drklu
like this

Given how small they are, I'll give them a break on how long it is taking. It is not like they were given a few hundred million dollars by selling different horse types at $100+ a pop.

Goddamn dude, thank you for the perspective. Very true. I have not made a day one purchase in over a decade, but I will support this studio.

Well they did stop and scrap it and start over again more then once so yeah... When the head honcho is a perfectionist this is what happens.

Cannot wait to see how much this game brings my puter to it's knees!!! I anticipate shortly after getting this I'll be building a new machine lol

Can't wait to set up my gang and start extorting the local burghers yo.

Next week Tuesday the 31st game is launched on Steam.
I never played the original so I might dive into this one.

I need to push on getting BL3 done. I been so damn busy lately with work, moving, and this shut down. Got to get Bannerlord!

MINIMUM:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-8100 / AMD Ryzen™ 3 1200
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: Intel® UHD Graphics 630 / NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660 2GB / AMD Radeon™ HD 7850 2GB
Storage: 60 GB available space
Additional Notes: Integrated GPUs require additional 2GB of system RAM. These estimates may change during final release.

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-9600K / AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600X
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 3GB / AMD Radeon™ RX 580
Additional Notes: These estimates may change during final release.

As if I couldn't enjoy these devs anymore than I currently do, they're knocking 10% off due to Corona and move up the release! AND if you own the first M&B, you get an additional 10% off.

Greetings warriors of Calradia!

After eight years of blood, sweat, and tears, Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord's Early Access release is finally upon us. In just a few short days you will be able to gird on your sword, don your armour, summon your followers and ride forth to win glory on the battlefields of Calradia!

But before we move on to discuss the release of the game, we want to take a moment to talk about the current coronavirus pandemic. It probably goes without saying, but this certainly isn't the scenario we envisaged for the release of the game. However, we have tried to make the best of a bad situation and thankfully, with the help of our IT team, have been able to continue work on the project from home. This has come with its own challenges of course, but we are still very grateful and lucky to work in an industry where it is possible to work remotely, which we know isn't the case for many of you. It might seem like a pretty ideal time to release a game (after all, everyone is at home right!?), but we know that the current situation has placed a lot of people in a difficult position when it comes to balancing their finances and risking their health.

With that in mind, we have decided to make the game available for 10% off for the first two weeks of sale. In addition to this, anyone who owns any previous Mount & Blade title will be eligible for an additional 10% off in select digital stores. Also, you can breathe a sigh of relief because there won't be a delay... In fact, quite the opposite! We have decided to bring forward the release of the game to 10.00 am UTC, March 30th.

So, you know the release date and the price, but what content is included in the Early Access release?

In singleplayer, you will have access to Custom Battle and Campaign game modes. Campaign is a new and somewhat more structured approach to the Mount & Blade experience that blends a storyline and key events with the traditional sandbox gameplay that our players are familiar with. Campaign aims to provide players with clear goals and missions that can lead to a successful conclusion to a playthrough. However, if you refuse to take any direction and prefer to plot your own rise to power, you can simply ignore the campaign missions and go about your business!

During a campaign playthrough you will do most of the things that you would expect from a Mount & Blade game, including creating your own character with their own backstory; exploring a vast, re-envisioned continent of Calradia; hiring companions to accompany you on your journey; raising warbands and armies to devastate your enemies on the battlefield; conquering towns and castles; progressing your character skills and equipment; learning and mastering the game's much-improved combat mechanics; and commanding and fighting alongside your troops; among a host of other things, many of which have been featured in previous blog posts!

And while there is definitely plenty of content for players to dive into and enjoy, we must be clear in reminding you that this is an Early Access release. There may be bugs and glitches, there will certainly be balancing issues, some features may be missing or currently disabled, and certain aspects of the game might not receive full-support until later down the line. You can expect to see reused scenes (our eventual aim is that each town and castle will have its own unique scene) as well as other types of placeholder content, such as voice lines, animations, quests, etc.

In terms of multiplayer content, you can expect a continuation of the recent multiplayer beta, which features 4 different game modes: Skirmish, Captain, Team Deathmatch, and Siege. We will continue to work on multiplayer throughout Early Access by introducing new features, game modes, and other additional content. We expect to enable our community to host private servers closer to the full release of the game.

Our current plan is to localize the game into the following languages: French, Italian, German, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Simplified and Traditional Chinese, Spanish and Turkish. However, during EA, localisations for these languages may be missing entirely or may be incomplete. Other languages may be added later.

If you would like to experience everything that Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord has to offer, then we strongly encourage you to hold off on buying the game until the full-release.

Finally, we would like to announce that we are officially drawing a close to this series of blogs. With the game on the verge of release, we would prefer to switch our attention and limited resources to work alongside our community. Of course, if we feel that we have something newsworthy or a new feature that we want to highlight and discuss, we will share a post, but for now, this will be our last scheduled blog post.

We wish you all the best during these difficult times and hope you and your family stay safe. Now go wash your hands!

MINIMUM:
Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-8100 / AMD Ryzen™ 3 1200
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: Intel® UHD Graphics 630 / NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660 2GB / AMD Radeon™ HD 7850 2GB
Additional Notes: Integrated GPUs require additional 2GB of system RAM. These estimates may change during final release.

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-9600K / AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600X
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 3GB / AMD Radeon™ RX 580
Additional Notes: These estimates may change during final release.

I just built a new rig last November. 3900x and a 1080Ti (leftover) so I should be good to go.

For anyone who might have missed it or for those who don't like to read, this 'release' is actually early access (paid beta test). So there will be missing features, bugs and saved game breaking updates. They expect maybe a year of testing until the final finished release. Either way I'm still going to jump on it.

Back