Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord

Damn, how did I miss this? I put more hours into WB than I'd like to admit, and I only picked it up last year.
Psyched for this one!

Damn, how did I miss this? I put more hours into WB than I'd like to admit, and I only picked it up last year.
Psyched for this one!

Ditto. Hundreds of hours sunk into it, and I just bought the Viking expansion last week off the Humble store for $3.

I'm pretty sure I'll be buying this, good or not.

I don't know why I like and play warband so much both vanilla and with mods. It has obvious flaws but I would still go back every so often and play it for hours.

I don't know why I like and play warband so much both vanilla and with mods. It has obvious flaws but I would still go back every so often and play it for hours.

Me neither!

It's not even a great looking game, either. I guess it's the combination of combat mechanics/ability to create your own story/mod support.

It's the ability to truly control your game.

Other games say, do what you want, but then immediately limits you. This game goes, do what you like, then sets you up with a quest you can completely ignore, and immediately pushes you into an open world. Want a city? Take it. Want followers? Capture and buy em. Want to be a badass? go earn money or loot the shit out of enemies. No arbitrary limitations, just you and what you can achieve. The combat is also simple enough to understand but is solid enough to not get boring or tedious (too much).

LOL, that's true. It's probably because you didn't try hard enough. You also got to remember, "real" lesbians aren't hot, so you probably have to find the ugliest girl and hope she gave up on men.

Other games say, do what you want, but then immediately limits you. This game goes, do what you like, then sets you up with a quest you can completely ignore, and immediately pushes you into an open world. Want a city? Take it. Want followers? Capture and buy em. Want to be a badass? go earn money or loot the shit out of enemies. No arbitrary limitations, just you and what you can achieve. The combat is also simple enough to understand but is solid enough to not get boring or tedious (too much).

Nailed it.

This is pretty much why. Also for me, it is the originality of the game in an age where all games are rehashes or just more of the same. It is a truly original concept that combines action, strategy, and rpg mechanics.

Theres also something so damn satisfying about hitting someone either with a lance (couched damage!!!) or other melee weapon while riding by at speed on your trusty steed ^_^

This is pretty much why. Also for me, it is the originality of the game in an age where all games are rehashes or just more of the same. It is a truly original concept that combines action, strategy, and rpg mechanics.

Theres also something so damn satisfying about hitting someone either with a lance (couched damage!!!) or other melee weapon while riding by at speed on your trusty steed ^_^

I got addicted to mounted bow shots.

its too bad the AI mounted archers are so bad, you can micromange them but then they would run out of room, historically mounted archer can kite heavy cavalry or infantry to death. Wonder if its improved in sequel.

Nice wood chopping gameplay there... looks to be a crafting mmo survival type game. No thanks.

What IS this exactly?

It reminds me of those fps open world sandbox mmo type games, like Rust. Is this by another dev using the M&B2 engine?

Same takeaway.

I wasn't sure what to do since it keeps gets mentioned along with the new Mount and Blade game... I wasn't sure if it merited a seperate thread or not.

Hopefully better than Life is Feudal. I had high hopes for that game :(

Holy chills batman.

Got the biggest grin on my face after watching that. Can not friggin wait for this. So many improvements, MMMPH. What morpheus said was true!!!!!!!!

Anyone else catch a Game of Thrones vibe from the music towards the end?

Game looks really rough around the edges but with some polish it could be fantastic. I think this is the only game I've seen so far that I'm genuinely excited for.

Game looks really rough around the edges but with some polish it could be fantastic. I think this is the only game I've seen so far that I'm genuinely excited for.
Well they haven't done a a player beta test yet which they said they hoped to do this year so they have ways to go yet.

No more rough than Mount & Blade, IMO. It still has that very 'rough' melee combat that can be both awesome and aggravating at the same time lol

No release date has ever been given to my knowledge. Earlier this year they said they hoped for a beta test first half of 2017 but that date has come and gone and no further word on beta or a release date since. They been very coy about that question of actual finished release.

well sometimes I get tired after killing about 300 or so and just want to sit back and let the pawns do the work. And they can't do the work if they get stuck on a ladder

Back