Motorstorms Expansion pack...

Baker

2[H]4U
So after beating the game I decided to get the expansion pack. After I downloaded it (at a friends house, and when I downloaded it and installed it I didn't have my MS game disc on me) and go back home, popped in my game disc, my TV shows me going from the XBM menu 1080p to 720p, but stays on a black screen and does nothing. Do I need to be connected to the interenet to activate the expansion or something? I don't want to delete my game file... since I JUST beat it all with gold medals.... :confused: any ideas?

I'm confused...are you playing Motorstorm on a 360?:confused::p

MS Disc- Motorstorm disc
XMB= Cross media Bar

As for OP's issue, there is an option under account management regarding activation. I haven't done this in awhile, although try looking there

I've already activated my system if thats what you mean. I'm not trying to play online, I just recently downloaded the expansion pack without ever upgradeing the game through patches. I'm just trying to launch and play the game, but only end up with a black screen. :(

Black screen means you effed yourself for not doing the patches. This happened to me as well. Just go in and delete the motorstorm game data, not the SAVE game data, and redownload the patch then the expansion pack. That will fix it.

I did same thing on the 2nd patch w/o applying the first.

you MUST apply all patches in order. You will not lose any save games as long as you dont delete the save game data.

MS Disc- Motorstorm disc
XMB= Cross media Bar

As for OP's issue, there is an option under account management regarding activation. I haven't done this in awhile, although try looking there
Oh..ok. When I see "MS" I think of the obvious, and the OP typed "XBM" instead of "XMB";)

Black screen means you effed yourself for not doing the patches. This happened to me as well. Just go in and delete the motorstorm game data, not the SAVE game data, and redownload the patch then the expansion pack. That will fix it.

I did same thing on the 2nd patch w/o applying the first.

you MUST apply all patches in order. You will not lose any save games as long as you dont delete the save game data.

I figured as much. Pretty lame though, expansion should already include those patches :rolleyes:

Back