Motorola's latest Moto Mod is A Polaroid Printer

rgMekanic

[H]ard|News
In a blog post today, Motorola has announced it's latest moto mod for the moto z smartphone, a snap on Polaroid Insta-Share printer. The device has it's own physical button to launch the camera, take the photo, and print from your phone. Photos use Polaroid Premium ZINK® Zero-Ink® Paper are are 2x3" with an adhesive back.

Pretty cool idea in my opinion, the ZINK technology has been around for a while, but has yet to gain much traction, this could be the push that it needs. The printer is available to pre-order from Motorola for $199.99, and the ZINK paper is available in a few quantities, but the 50 pack is $23.49 at Amazon.

Last edited:
Good idea - Hipsters will hire purchase this in an instant.
P.s. you spelled available wrong.

One of my buddies has a college age daughter and she had a new handheld Polaroid. She was taking pictures all night. I have to say it was pretty fun.

For $200 it should just be a standalone product... why does the phone need to be involved?

P.s I think you are missing some words between: "Good idea - Hipsters will hire purchase this in an instant."
Lol I am too tired to be giving spelling advice while minding my own >__>

For $200 it should just be a standalone product... why does the phone need to be involved?

their phones are designed for such attachments... although I dont know if it truly requires anything more than Bluetooth or NFC to function. Part of the MOTOs are to have different snap packs.

You can buy a standalone camera that uses the same paper for $100.

What is moto thinking?

In a blog post today, Motorola has announced it's latest moto mod for the moto z smartphone, a snap on Polaroid Insta-Share printer. The device has it's own physical button to launch the camera, take the photo, and print from your phone. Photos use Polaroid Premium ZINK® Zero-Ink® Paper are are 2x3" with an adhesive back.

Pretty cool idea in my opinion, the ZINK technology has been around for a while, but has yet to gain much traction, this could be the push that it needs. The printer is available to pre-order from Motorola for $199.99, and the ZINK paper is available in a few quantities, but the 50 pack is $23.49 at Amazon.

I predict hotcakes.. it's going to sell like mad. All the twenty-something I know through my daughter have polaroids.

I was looking at one of the Polaroid Snap Touch camera's for our kids (and for school PTA stuff). Seems more practical then the normal Polaroid instant, and it's cheaper.

I just learned about this ZINK stuff last week.....very impressive stuff.

the purpose of the moto z line is you can add functionality to the phone with the addons. i for one am planing on getting the camera mod as it will likely be easier and less cumbersome to snap on the camera mod for better quality concert pictures vs carrying an entirely separate device and batteries for said device.

Hell looking at the list theirs a couple i would grab

https://www.androidcentral.com/moto-mods

I can see something like this taking off in Japan, if it wasn't tethered to a specific phone. Just look up purikura. The teens love them tiny sticker photos.

Just bought a HP Sprocket for my wife, she loves it. If we hadn't just switched her to the S8, she would probably be looking at this, but as it is, way too expensive for thinking about getting it.

Back