Motorola SURFboard eXtreme SBG6580 wifi

badteddy

Weaksauce
I have just recently upgraded my modem to the Motorola SURFboard eXtreme SBG6580 and it seems to be fine with most of my devices except two.

windows 7 laptop connects wirelessly fine, ipad mini and iphone connects. Android tablet, and android phones connect perfectly fine on the wifi just fine as well.

My Toshiba Satellite L305-S5919 (running Linux Mint) and D-Link Boxee Box both do not see wireless SSID and are both unable to connect. They both however, see 2wire devices near me just fine (can't connect to them of course as they are not my networks).

I have tinkered with the settings for the past several days on both the motorola gateway and each device and i am unable to come up with any solutions. I hope someone here has some experience with this particular motorola gateway.

Any advice is appreciated, Thanks!

I might have that same gateway at home, I know it's a motorola. I just put it in bridge mode and ran it into a real wireless router. Sorry, not much of an answer to your question.

Can you change the channel width of the wireless channels?

Apple stuff will only work using 20mhz. 40mhz is the other option. Maybe those two devices will only work with 40? Try changing it and see what happens. You may lose connectivity to the Apple devices but if the Toshiba and the Boxee Box start working then it may help diagnose the problem.

Can you change the channel width of the wireless channels?

Apple stuff will only work using 20mhz. 40mhz is the other option. Maybe those two devices will only work with 40? Try changing it and see what happens. You may lose connectivity to the Apple devices but if the Toshiba and the Boxee Box start working then it may help diagnose the problem.

thanks for the quick response! and ya i tried that. the two devices do not see the network which is literally only about 10 feet away

ok so my solution was to get a regular cable modem, went with cisco because i trust them. then got a linksys by cisco router and i haven't been happier. when will they get those modem/gateway/router to work with everyone's devices?

Back