Motorola Moto G4 / G4 Plus (2016)

Suprfire

2[H]4U
Motorola Moto G4 Plus (4th Gen 2016 Model) Specs:
  • 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 617 Octa-Core Processor CPU w/ 550 MHz Adreno 405 GPU
  • 5.5" 1920x1080 IPS LCD Touchscreen Display
  • 16GB / 64GB Internal Storage
  • 2GB / 4GB RAM
  • 4G LTE and WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2
  • 16MP Rear and 5MP Front Cameras
  • 3000mAh Battery
  • Gorilla Glass 3 Screen
  • Fingerprint Reader
  • microSDXC Memory Card Slot (Up to 128GB)
  • Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
Motorola Moto G4 (4th Gen 2016 Model) Specs:
  • 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 617 Octa-Core Processor CPU w/ 550 MHz Adreno 405 GPU
  • 5.5" 1920x1080 IPS LCD Touchscreen Display
  • 16GB / 32GB Internal Storage
  • 2GB RAM
  • 4G LTE and WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2
  • 13MP Rear and 5MP Front Cameras
  • 3000mAh Battery
  • Gorilla Glass 3 Screen
  • microSDXC Memory Card Slot (Up to 128GB)
  • Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
The phones will launch on July 12 from Motorola.com, Best Buy and Amazon.com, as well as Walmart, Sam's Club, Fry's and B&H, among a few other retailers.

G4 Plus: $249 (16GB) / $299 (64GB)
G4: $199 (16GB) / $229 (32GB)

B&H Moto G4 Plus
B&H Moto G4

BestBuy Moto G4 Plus

BestBuy Moto G4

Thoughts? I really like the G4 Plus with the fingerprint reader. Very attractive if it comes with the Moto features.

Attachments

• motorola-moto-g4-plus-2.jpg
    motorola-moto-g4-plus-2.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 34
What is the difference between the G4 with 2GB RAM / 16GB storage and the G4 Plus with the same config?

What is the difference between the G4 with 2GB RAM / 16GB storage and the G4 Plus with the same config?
camera.

those are some big bezels. the phone doesn't have much over a lg g3. the g4 plus has 1gb more ram and more storage and 3 more mp camera. both have sd slots. i'm trying to find a new budget phone and keep coming back to the g3. i kinda dig the oneplus x but its sold out. i dont really want a 5.5" phone and I want stock android. but I think the g3 with nova launcher and with its small bezels will be good enough?

After one/two years of Moto going to Lenovo, it's pretty clear that they don't care about updating the software as much as when Google owned them. In fact, they were among the worst last gen.

On this subject, has any company that promised rapid security updates actually managed to do so other than Nexus and HTC's straight from manufacture phones?

Nexus devices aren't a lock in for good support. The Nexus 5 is already dropped and the Nexus 9 was way behind on updates from Goigle.

After one/two years of Moto going to Lenovo, it's pretty clear that they don't care about updating the software as much as when Google owned them. In fact, they were among the worst last gen.

On this subject, has any company that promised rapid security updates actually managed to do so other than Nexus and HTC's straight from manufacture phones?

Amazon has a deal on the regular G4 for $50 off if you take their lock screen ads.

Amazon has a deal on the regular G4 for $50 off if you take their lock screen ads.
You had me pumped until i read everything after $50 off. Best buy is doing a deal when you preorder any of the new g4's you get a 50 dollar gift card. So the base g4 is effectively 150. I just never shot there and have had issues finding things to buy when I've had expiring coupons/dollar off promos.

I need Google Fi and Republic to announce support for this before I jump. It should have all the right radios.

Back