Motorola G + Straight Talk

spaceman

[H]F Junkie
This appears to be the best new phone I can afford for my wife. I was going to try for a used Galaxy 3 or iPhone 4S but she wants a NEW phone so...

What version of the Moto G do I need for Att? Which sim card? Been googling for the last 20 minutes and have not seen a definite answer. It is early so probably me being blind lol.

Thanks!

Just a warning, Moto G does not have LTE. If straight talk has LTE through AT&T in your area and it's actually decent, you might want to look into a Moto X or Nexus 5 instead.

This appears to be the best new phone I can afford for my wife. I was going to try for a used Galaxy 3 or iPhone 4S but she wants a NEW phone so...

What version of the Moto G do I need for Att? Which sim card? Been googling for the last 20 minutes and have not seen a definite answer. It is early so probably me being blind lol.

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure it's the US GSM version as that's compatible with the 850mhz and 1900mhz bands.

Just a warning, Moto G does not have LTE. If straight talk has LTE through AT&T in your area and it's actually decent, you might want to look into a Moto X or Nexus 5 instead.

At the $180 to $200 the Moto G costs, I think he/she could deal with not having LTE... HSPA+ is just fine.

OP, you want the 'US GSM' model:

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Moto...TF8&qid=1388247677&sr=8-4&keywords=motorola+g

Or, 16GB:

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Moto...TF8&qid=1388247677&sr=8-3&keywords=motorola+g

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Great choice. I have Verizon LTE but I don't really care for paying the LTE tax when I'm not WIFI tethering plus HSPA+ is plenty for most things.

Thanks. She will mostly use it at home on wfi anyway so LTE is not vital.

Great choice. I have Verizon LTE but I don't really care for paying the LTE tax when I'm not WIFI tethering plus HSPA+ is plenty for most things.

There's a LTE tax if you use it? Holy crap, talk about greedy.

nice, ya im going to be picking my wife up this phone as well next week as well. Looks like an awesome phone for its price.

I was going to get one but decided to pass 1gb of ram just isn't enough for android from my past experiences

Have you looked into H2O Wireless? Unlimited Talk/Text, 500mb data for $30.

I was going to get one but decided to pass 1gb of ram just isn't enough for android from my past experiences

It should be OK with Android 4.4, since Google focused on optimizing RAM usage with Kit Kat. Even if you have qualms about the RAM size, it's still the best performing Android phone you can get new for <$200.

is the moto g going to be available in retail stores? i've only seen it on amazon and motorola's site. I know best buy is going to carry a verizon branded moto g but i'm more interested in att/straight talk since the coverage is best in my area.

Moto G for Verizon now on sale at Best Buy for $100 contract-free --http://www.engadget.com/2014/01/01/moto-g-for-verizon-now-on-sale-at-best-buy/ Although I think another article said it would be on sale the 9th.

Back