Motorola Droid Turbo Thread

Lollipop seems to have mostly resolved my WiFi issues.

Other than that it really doesn't look much different. The pull down menu is different. That's it. Does seem to run better though.

19348063724_98cc613960.jpg

Another software update this morning.

Must be post 5.1 upgrade fixes.

Will have to see if my WiFi issues are resolved when I get home.

I keep hoping one of these patches will fix the WiFi issues which were introduced by one of the first patches, but it hasn't happened yet. Fingers crossed :p

Zarathustra[H];1041751320 said:
19348063724_98cc613960.jpg

Another software update this morning.

Must be post 5.1 upgrade fixes.

Will have to see if my WiFi issues are resolved when I get home.

I keep hoping one of these patches will fix the WiFi issues which were introduced by one of the first patches, but it hasn't happened yet. Fingers crossed :p

Believe it or not, but this last update may actually have fixed my WiFi issues... I haven't tested everything yet, but it is definitely an improvement!

Update: My WiFi woes appear to be behind me. No more issues at work or home. It just works now.

Phone is also a bit snappier. I like it. Not very pleased with the pull-down menu though or the way the lock screen works. Camera is still slow as all hell.

My wifi still sucks. It just sucks less now.

And then this happened today:

21086326659_70726d70f2_z.jpg

That ghastly google cartoonishness showed up at the top of my homescreen in that annoying google search bar I NEVER use, but can not remove.

Pisses me off so much.

Getting this god damned phone was a mistake.

Going forward, I will only get phones that are conformed to have unlocked bootloaders (or unlockable ones) so I can install Cyanogenmod on day one. This probably means ditching Verizon.

I can not stand it anymore.

Zarathustra[H];1041844555 said:
My wifi still sucks. It just sucks less now.

And then this happened today:

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5790/21086326659_70726d70f2_z.jpg[/im g]

That ghastly google cartoonishness showed up at the top of my homescreen in that annoying google search bar I NEVER use, but can not remove.

Pisses me off so much.

Getting this god damned phone was a mistake.

Going forward, I will only get phones that are conformed to have unlocked bootloaders (or unlockable ones) so I can install Cyanogenmod on day one. This probably means ditching Verizon.

I can not stand it anymore.[/QUOTE]

There has to be a way to remove that search bar, if not in the launcher/display settings, then in the Search app settings. Worst case you can put a different/better launcher on it such as Nova Launcher that definitely lets you remove it while looking and working the same otherwise or customizing it further.

There has to be a way to remove that search bar, if not in the launcher/display settings, then in the Search app settings. Worst case you can put a different/better launcher on it such as Nova Launcher that definitely lets you remove it while looking and working the same otherwise or customizing it further.

You were right. Long pressing on the desktop background, and going to home screen settings revealed this one option.

It was just in the one place I didn't think to look.

I don't understand why it can't function like every other widget on the screen though. Long press, and drag to delete.

Back