Motorola Droid Turbo Thread

Computer, Tea, Earl Grey, hot...

One day, one day I'm telling you.

What is the battery size for this Droid Turbo ? To power that QHD Display I hope it's at least 3,000mAH if not higher. Anything less, and I will pass.

Well, a 3900 mAh battery would be insanely awesome. Finally someone knows that consumers want battery life even if it means the phone is 1mm thicker. That phone should have insane battery life.

Well then.....I may finally have a reason to get rid of my G2. I sure will miss KnockOn though.

What is the battery size for this Droid Turbo ? To power that QHD Display I hope it's at least 3,000mAH if not higher. Anything less, and I will pass.

Ummmm, of course you're going to pass. Last time I checked you don't have Verizon buddy boy. :p Isn't this going to be a Verizon exclusive?

3900 mah sounds almost too good to be true. Those "leaked" battery photos may be fake. If true, this would likely give me serious pause to consider over the Note 4. Insane battery life is a huge plus in my book.

Ummmm, of course you're going to pass. Last time I checked you don't have Verizon buddy boy. :p Isn't this going to be a Verizon exclusive?

3900 mah sounds almost too good to be true. Those "leaked" battery photos may be fake. If true, this would likely give me serious pause to consider over the Note 4. Insane battery life is a huge plus in my book.

Why would they limit themselves in sales just to make it a Verizon exclusive??? Doesn't make any damn sense...Not like you'll be able to fully utilize your phone with their capped 4G LTE data plans...Unless your one of the few grandfathered users...

Why would they limit themselves in sales just to make it a Verizon exclusive??? Doesn't make any damn sense...Not like you'll be able to fully utilize your phone with their capped 4G LTE data plans...Unless your one of the few grandfathered users...

According to FCC docs, there is a GSM version of this phone coming with ATT and TMo LTE bands.

According to FCC docs, there is a GSM version of this phone coming with ATT and TMo LTE bands.

If that's true then you're in luck Zorachus. You might be able to pick this up afterall. So weird on Motorola's part. They put a 2300mah battery in the in the X but then turn around and put a 3900mah in the Turbo? Are they just throwing darts at a board here?

Also, is this shipping with the 805 or 801? I've seen both thrown about.

Also, there's a chance this phone could come with Android L out of the box. Imagine android L coupled with that kind of battery? Insanely good battery life.

If that's true then you're in luck Zorachus. You might be able to pick this up afterall. So weird on Motorola's part. They put a 2300mah battery in the in the X but then turn around and put a 3900mah in the Turbo? Are they just throwing darts at a board here?

Also, is this shipping with the 805 or 801? I've seen both thrown about.

Also, there's a chance this phone could come with Android L out of the box. Imagine android L coupled with that kind of battery? Insanely good battery life.
I have a feeling that this phone and the new Nexus will be closely related - same SOC, RAM, similar screen, battery, form factor. Moto has done this before with Droid Maxx and Moto X (2013).

http://androidandme.com/2014/10/news/att-droid-maxx-variant-passes-through-the-fcc/

Well, I was going to get the Moto X but I'm glad I held off. This phone looks good and as a verizon employee they're going to have a employee edition version of the phone that I will pick up for sure if I decide to go with it.

I just hope a 3900 mAh battery can drive the QHD display and not drain the battery too much.

You will be fine. The LG G3 with its QHD display can go a full day of heavy use and it has a 3100 mAh battery.

You will be fine. The LG G3 with its QHD display can go a full day of heavy use and it has a 3100 mAh battery.

ummm 3000 mah and it depends on your definition of "heavy use". A more accurate assessment is 4-5 hours of on screen time depending on if you've debloated the phone. Solid but not fantastic.

I don't recall right off but I thought lg g3 reviews were harsh on the battery

Depends on the review site. Some praise the G3 battery life, others scorn it. Depending on my service calls, I can really put the screws to my G3 and get a solid 4-6 hours out of a nearly full charge. With typical moderate use, I see about 6-9 hours of use.

That Will change once I get the newly released Zero Lemon 9K battery. The 7K did wonders for my S3...12-16 hours of heavy use, 2 to 2.5 days with light to moderate use.

I hope that 3.9K is true for this one...it's about damn time that bigger batteries are included from the factory.

ummm 3000 mah and it depends on your definition of "heavy use". A more accurate assessment is 4-5 hours of on screen time depending on if you've debloated the phone. Solid but not fantastic.
Yes you are correct. I can get 4.5-5 hours of screen on-time. Coming from a SG3 that was 2 years, the LG G3 is light years ahead. Also the G3 really has zero bloat. I really like there skin.

gsmarena_001.jpg

The image was posted on Verizon's @DroidLanding Twitter account for a while before being pulled down, so it's fairly legit. From the back you can see the supposed 21 megapixel camera with the dual LED flash. - GSM Arena

Don't think so. The front has a huge chin and capacitive buttons. Its an ugly phone, even the Moto X is much better looking.
I don't know what huge chin you are talking about because if you look at the manual that was leaked, page 4 you can see its not huge. Capacitive buttons are way better than on screen buttons. Every phone I have seen with on screen buttons has room for them below since there is always tons of bezel below the screen. Why not use that unused space instead of wasting on screen space? I personally would prefer a physical home button. I prefer to set my power button to end the call, if I'm on speaker phone and the screen turns off there is no way to turn it on with out ending the call unless you have a physical home button.

I will get this phone if there is a developer edition. My current maxx is on 4.4.4 and too old for the china middleman to unlock so I can't modify anything. I love cyanogen mod and my next phone has to be modifiable.

I will get this phone if there is a developer edition. My current maxx is on 4.4.4 and too old for the china middleman to unlock so I can't modify anything. I love cyanogen mod and my next phone has to be modifiable.

Haven't seen/tried Sunshine?

Edit: Looking at the comments, seems that it doesn't work on the Maxx running 4.4.4. Would work on 4.4.3 or below though.

Haven't seen/tried Sunshine?

I'm on 4.4.4.

They basically lie when they say it works on some 4.4.4, it only works if you were able to retain root from a previous version. It hasn't worked for a single person with stock 4.4.4.

I'm on 4.4.4.

They basically lie when they say it works on some 4.4.4, it only works if you were able to retain root from a previous version.

Yeah, you missed my edit. Worth mentioning still. This is one of the only disadvantages of getting fast updates, I guess. :p

Well then.....I may finally have a reason to get rid of my G2. I sure will miss KnockOn though.

Like below said, it very well could have double tap to wake. However, chanves are it won't because Motorola already has that thing implemented so that when you lift up your phone, an unlock slider displays along with your notifications.

Other phones have kockon / knockoff, my M8 has it so why couldn't any future phone. patents?

Not that I know of. But, it kind of bugs me that Nokia created doble tap to wake, then other companies start calling it some special name like they invented it.

I don't know what huge chin you are talking about because if you look at the manual that was leaked, page 4 you can see its not huge. Capacitive buttons are way better than on screen buttons. Every phone I have seen with on screen buttons has room for them below since there is always tons of bezel below the screen. Why not use that unused space instead of wasting on screen space? I personally would prefer a physical home button. I prefer to set my power button to end the call, if I'm on speaker phone and the screen turns off there is no way to turn it on with out ending the call unless you have a physical home button.

Not it really isn't a huge chin at all. Also it is pretty damn close to the Moto X in terms of % of the phone that is screen. I did some rough pixel maths and this is what I found

LG G3 - 77.6% Screen
Moto X 2014 - 74.6% Screen
Droid Turbo - 72.3% Screen
Galaxy S5 - 70.6% Screen
iPhone 6 - 67.5% Screen

interesting... still tempted to see what the official specs for the LG G4 will be, since it's supposed to be out Q1 2015

Back