Motorola Droid for 49.99

doyoumaking

Limp Gawd
*Price Drop*

With activation of a new line of service, Amazon.com offers the Motorola DROID Android 3G Smartphone for Verizon Wireless for $24.99.

with 2 year contract. Works with single plan and family line upgrades...

Last edited:
thats competitive....

its hard to want a droid when there is the nexus one.... but good price none the less

You can easily overclock a droid (100 precent stable I might add) to 1ghz basicly making it a Nexus one. I love mine and paid 200 for it .. so trust me this is a steal.

well, the 600/550mhz cortex a6 is right up there with the snapdragon at 1ghz. don't judge by just mhz, i think we have learned that for the last 10 years.

You can easily overclock a droid (100 precent stable I might add) to 1ghz basicly making it a Nexus one. I love mine and paid 200 for it .. so trust me this is a steal.

So is the processor in the droid basically downclocked from the factory? I don't get it, especially when people report basically the same battery life out of their droid.

So is the processor in the droid basically downclocked from the factory? I don't get it, especially when people report basically the same battery life out of their droid.

Well I'm not sure of the exact reason for the down clock , it could be just what Motorola ordered and just so happens to overclock fantastic. There is however a HUGE difference from the default overclock , the performance on web pages , responsiveness overall is just extremely snappy when overclocked. I haven't noticed a large change in battery life at all (some forum users clock the drainage around an extra 5-7 precent) the heat output is identical from what I can tell and even if anything becomes an issue you can down clock it to default in an instant.

Its easy to install the hack and no jailbreaking or anything like that required , it just works.

Overclocking a phone is just super fucking Badass. Now I want one.
Amen, that is awesome. It was tough for me to get the iPhone over the Droid, and I can't wait to see the options available the next time my contract is up. For $50, anyone with Verizon should jump on this.

just ordered one... been wanting one for awhile to finally get rid the storm i have lol

Anybody know if Verizon has plans that include internationl text, email & voice calls? Will corporate dicounts be applied after recieving the fone & can one change a fone number to another area code?? Thanks for any info. ROCK ON!:D

I am stuck as Verizon won't let me do an upgrade yet. :(

As for discounts, if you have an existing account the discount should apply to any plan under that account. If you want to change numbers I believe they charge a fee for that.

Anybody know if Verizon has plans that include internationl text, email & voice calls? Will corporate dicounts be applied after recieving the fone & can one change a fone number to another area code?? Thanks for any info. ROCK ON!:D

Im on a corp discount with my droid.as far as I could see I have "unlimited" texting to any provider,emails I believe is the same way.
hope that helped.

While I know it is probably implied, it would be nice if you put w/ contract in the title.

I priced one out for me and wife.

$70 for the family plan
$50 to add an additional phone
$30x2 for the data plans

$180 a month? Are they serious? It would be cheaper to do two individual plans than a family plan. Even then it would be $140 a month.

Anyone see a way to do a cheaper plan than this?

well, the 600/550mhz cortex a6 is right up there with the snapdragon at 1ghz. don't judge by just mhz, i think we have learned that for the last 10 years.

+1
Also, the Droid has a hardware keyboard, which is a plus for games/emulators/txting in my book.

I would jump all over this but I don't want to sign a new contract for 2 years. I'm on an alltel true unlimited data plan and if I add-a-line. I would have to change my plan to verizon

I priced one out for me and wife.

$70 for the family plan
$50 to add an additional phone
$30x2 for the data plans

$180 a month? Are they serious? It would be cheaper to do two individual plans than a family plan. Even then it would be $140 a month.

Anyone see a way to do a cheaper plan than this?

Not sure where you're getting those prices

$70 - Shared 700 min Family talk
$10 - Each additional line
$30x2 - 3G phone access

I get $140 a month plus taxes.

$140/mo isn't that bad considering its 2 smartphones.

I have the Family share 700 w/ text 2 smartphones and 1 line for the kid. my monthly total is about $150 with a discount through wife's work (~17%)

If that's too much then maybe verizon isn't for you. There's a reason Sprint and Tmo have a different business model.

Not sure where you're getting those prices

$70 - Shared 700 min Family talk
$10 - Each additional line
$30x2 - 3G phone access

I get $140 a month plus taxes.

$140/mo isn't that bad considering its 2 smartphones.

I have the Family share 700 w/ text 2 smartphones and 1 line for the kid. my monthly total is about $150 with a discount through wife's work (~17%)

If that's too much then maybe verizon isn't for you. There's a reason Sprint and Tmo have a different business model.

You're right. I was looking at the unlimited family talk plan. Still too rich for my blood though. :p

Overclocking a phone is just super fucking Badass. Now I want one.

A friend OC'd his phone, which is the original Google G1 phone for T-Mobile. He said he didn't notice a big diff., but battery depletion occurs faster. :D

$50 for the Droid is a great price. I paid that much for my enV Touch last summer. It's about time VZW got some sweet phones that don't cost a fortune. :cool:

Don't just pay attention to the price of the phone, check around and see if you can get a discount on the monthly bill based on where you or someone in your family works. I think on slickdeals/FW there are ways to get discounts even if your employer doesn't offer something. I pay $105 per month for 2 droids on the 700 minute plan. Yeah, I paid more up front because my Droid was $200 (wife's Eris was free though), but I'll pay much less total over the contract. They also canceled the 2 year contract that she was only a year into (as in, no fee, extra year NOT added to the new contract).

The droid's processor is nowhere near the N1's snapdragon, at least according to Ars:
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/reviews/2010/01/nexus-one-review.ars/4

However it would be interested to see OC numbers, even though your battery life would be terrible with a 70% OC. I remember I had an app back in the day on my Treo that would "OC" it, but of course it didn't work. +1 for linux :D

The droid's processor is nowhere near the N1's snapdragon, at least according to Ars:
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/reviews/2010/01/nexus-one-review.ars/4

However it would be interested to see OC numbers, even though your battery life would be terrible with a 70% OC. I remember I had an app back in the day on my Treo that would "OC" it, but of course it didn't work. +1 for linux :D

At 1GHz my droid returns a linpack score of 8.3. I can't tell a difference in battery consumption or heat in the last few hours of playing around. It still idles/sleeps at the same lower clock speed.

Dang, if only I hadn't had to replace my phone in September and sign up for a plan...

I could really go for a Droid right now. :p

Dang, if only I hadn't had to replace my phone in September and sign up for a plan...

I could really go for a Droid right now. :p

You can always wait for the Nexus One to drop and get a used one on eBay cheap (maybe $300 at that point). The going price seems to be around $350-400 on ebay right now. I just sold mine for $400 with some accessories. I'll probably pick one up again in 6 months. Great phone.

I was going to wait for details on the next gen iPhone, but I've decided to never give any more money to Apple

So I'm debating between this one and the Nexus One (my dad has it)... probably going back to Verizon too, since AT&T and T-Mobile have awful service in my area

I was going to wait for details on the next gen iPhone, but I've decided to never give any more money to Apple

So I'm debating between this one and the Nexus One (my dad has it)... probably going back to Verizon too, since AT&T and T-Mobile have awful service in my area

Yeah, that's my situation also. I don't WANT Verizon, but it seems like it's the only one that works well in my area :(. Personally, I don't see how you can go wrong either way. The Droid has it's Pros (physical keyboard being a big one). And the Nexus One is very nice also. Working in Android has been a great experience for me so far. Didn't realize what I was missing by not having a smartphone ;).

At 1GHz my droid returns a linpack score of 8.3. I can't tell a difference in battery consumption or heat in the last few hours of playing around. It still idles/sleeps at the same lower clock speed.

So that would make the droid more powerful, especially since it has a gpu as well, right?

Back