Motorola Droid for 49.99

Sure, if your cell phone had a 5MW antennae, but it doesn't. It's just heat. Your ceiling light is transferring far more heat into your body than the cell phone is.

I see.

Also, the deal is still valid, I wonder why the thread got moved into Discussions?

Yeah, the discussion moved off the actual deal a long time ago...lol. And I've seen several places with similar deals.

Well I talked to Verizon, and unfortunately if I want to get the phone at this price I'd have to get a new number, since my current number which is on a family plan was already renewed recently.
Poopy

Well I talked to Verizon, and unfortunately if I want to get the phone at this price I'd have to get a new number, since my current number which is on a family plan was already renewed recently.
Poopy

Did you get a new phone with the renewal? $49 is usually the new contract price or the renewal for the owner phone of the family plan anyway. Maybe that's what you mean.

Did you get a new phone with the renewal? $49 is usually the new contract price or the renewal for the owner phone of the family plan anyway. Maybe that's what you mean.

Yes, I got a new phone with the renewal.

anyone know when this deal will end?

Nvm, called in Verizon and confirmed I can take this in and use for my Upgrade that I haven't used.

Woohoo, looking forward to Oc and tethering with laptop!

Last edited:
One of my friends just bought a Motorola Blur phone (Devour), but this would probably be a better phone.

Last edited:
Just got one through work, very slick phone. Not sure why people would feel the NEED to overclock, runs very fast at stock. I understand the desire to fiddle, however, and this phone feels like a tweaker's dream.

Hardware keyboard is much better than the reviews I've read would indicate, but I don't have fat sausage fingers.

Just got one through work, very slick phone. Not sure why people would feel the NEED to overclock, runs very fast at stock. I understand the desire to fiddle, however, and this phone feels like a tweaker's dream.

Hardware keyboard is much better than the reviews I've read would indicate, but I don't have fat sausage fingers.

You will feel the need soon enough. Especially when you realize the chip is designed to run at much higher clock speeds and that most people report that overclocking makes no noticeable difference in heat or battery consumption. :cool:

Its a hell of a phone thats for sure.

You will feel the need soon enough. Especially when you realize the chip is designed to run at much higher clock speeds and that most people report that overclocking makes no noticeable difference in heat or battery consumption. :cool:

Its a hell of a phone thats for sure.

Is there a way to revert to a stock rom/clock speed easily?

Is there a way to revert to a stock rom/clock speed easily?

I dont honestly know, i overclocked it and havnt looked at it since. I would imagine though you could just set the max in setCPU to stock or restore a backup via nandroid to revert it.

I wonder how the Droid compares with the Nexus One, which will soon come to VZW (currently TM only). :confused: Here's a video review of the latter. :cool:

I dont honestly know, i overclocked it and havnt looked at it since. I would imagine though you could just set the max in setCPU to stock or restore a backup via nandroid to revert it.

Well, being a company phone, I don't want to have something go awry and not be able to revert for a warranty replacement.

Well, the Droid can safely match the CPU speed of the N1, but N1 still has twice the RAM. :eek:
Sure, they can both run at 1 GHz, but since that's the stock speed on the N1, I imagine it can be OC'd as well ... maybe to 1.5 GHz? :eek: :cool:

Sure, they can both run at 1 GHz, but since that's the stock speed on the N1, I imagine it can be OC'd as well ... maybe to 1.5 GHz? :eek: :cool:

Because apparently the Droid runs so well overclocked, some may think it's stock is actually under-clocked.

If both the processors are the same architecture on the same manufacturing process, no. Maybe the nexus processor is just a higher bin. Kind of like how all desktop cpus of a given line have around the same max overclock, despite their stock frequencies. That's assuming the processors in the droid and nexus don't differ physically more than just stock clocks. I don't know too much about the N1

Because apparently the Droid runs so well overclocked, some may think it's stock is actually under-clocked.

If both the processors are the same architecture on the same manufacturing process, no. Maybe the nexus processor is just a higher bin. Kind of like how all desktop cpus of a given line have around the same max overclock, despite their stock frequencies. That's assuming the processors in the droid and nexus don't differ physically more than just stock clocks. I don't know too much about the N1
OK, I didn't know how much the Droid and N1 processors differed.

Is it kind of like i7 (Nexus) vs. i5 (Droid)? Or even more similar than that?

After a bit of research, it looks like the processors in the droid and N1 are based off the same architecture, the ARM cortex-A8. That does not mean ipc is directly comparable.

Some good info on the phone processors here on the mobile forums.

It is underclocked. The chip is specced to run at 800 MHZ but they down clock it for battery power.

I finally checked out the Droid when I was at VZW's store. It's selling for $200 after rebate w/ a 2-yr. contract. :eek: The screen is gorgeous but the keyboard sucks.

Just got mine today, compared to my env2 the keyboard is a lil more difficult, but I am getting use to it. Great phone and ease of navigation...now to haxor it/customize

Back