Moto X will be $350 on Cyber Monday

I'm on this, I need a second phone and always liked this, just not the price.

I'll be picking one up. Been holding out for a good deal. My HTC Thunderbolt was absolutely crippled with the ICS update, making it infuriatingly slow.

Its a steal to use as a pre paid phone or on t mobiles in carrier plan

Coming from a Galaxy Nexus on vzw, this seems like a great option to keep my unlimited data.

If I had not just plunked down $400 for a used htc one I'd be on this for sure! No regrets though...great phone!

Looks like they made this deal permanent. Price permanently dropped to $400 on Moto X for 16 gb, $450 for 32 gb.

Phone is almost a Nexus at this point.

That's a great price. Bought mine when I lucked out and snagged one of the $150 discount codes. Been using it with a T-Mobile $30 prepaid card (100 mins talk, UL messages/text, and 5 GB data) and have been happy as a clam with its performance.

Last edited:
I love the moto x. I came from a nexus 4 and a nexus 5 and it really is close to my nexus devices, but has that extra pizzazz and useful features that makes it unique and attractive as its own (active display, always on voice, and MotoMaker). It's what every Android phone should strive to offer.

My hope is motorola gets the camera right in 2014 and makes the specs more "respectable" in comparison to the competition. Then we may have the ultimate android phone, especially if we get even more innovation.

You own a Moto X, have you ever while using it, wished that it had more specs in comparison to another phone? ;)
I asked myself that question and had to answer no, which is why I wrote that I am happy as a clam with its performance.

For me merely getting the camera right in 2014 will make this my ultimate phone.

Regarding Motorola's bent toward useful features and uniqueness...
On New Year's Day every owner woke up to find a surprise, there was a red hat sitting on their startup screen. Motorola snagged the Pixar generating technology used to create their Motorola Spotlight Player. See Moto X owners get a 'motion controlled' interactive story by a former Pixar artist and the Inside Business article entitled Here's why There's a Red Sombrero Icon On The Moto X Home Screen Today.

Last edited:
Maybe I did. :) Not in gaming (I admit its GPU is pretty damn good), but I actually did notice the moto x wasn't *quite* as responsive as even my one year old N4 was in general feel (opening/closing apps, UI responsiveness). I have also noticed the camera stalling numerous times (even when not using the camera gesture). It has definitely not been as buttery smooth as the nexus devices for me, certainly not to the N5's level at least (in my brief ownership of that device).

Compared to other android phones? Sure, the moto x is smooth and its specs are good enough. But it's not nexus smooth for me.

Personally, I'd love a slightly bigger phone. Throw in a quad core for some future proofing just in case and to please the "spec whores" and get the phone to unquestioned flagship status. That's all.

Last edited:
I just got my wife a moto g and it uses the quad core snapdragon. Seems pretty damn quick to me. I can't imagine the moto x doesn't exceed the g in performance.

I just got my wife a moto g and it uses the quad core snapdragon. Seems pretty damn quick to me. I can't imagine the moto x doesn't exceed the g in performance.
It does.

Look at the comparisons.

X has more memory and better GPU. CPU is not end all, be all of performance.

Back