Moto X Pure Edition

HardUp4HardWare

Supreme [H]ardness
I have been looking at this phone for a while and am close to pulling the trigger.

Anyone else have any thoughts or opinions on this?

Pretty good Android phone. It is arguably the best Android phone at this moment.

But Nexus 5X and Nexus 6P will be announced in 5 days. So I recommend you to at least wait to see the Nexus 5X and 6P.

The Moto X thread just dropped off the front page, but some people have posted their experiences in it here.

I'm looking to replace my M8 with one unless the Nexus 5X offers anything more for about the same price. From the leaks so far though, the Pure seems like it'll be a better phone than the 5X besides it having the 810 (which could be considered worse than the 808 by some, but I'd still rather have the 810) and the fingerprint scanner. Otherwise it seems the 5X will have a considerably smaller battery, which may be slightly negated by its smaller/lower res display, and less RAM at 2GBs vs 3GB on the X Pure. There's also the disadvantage of local storage starting at 16GBs with no option for expansion like on the X Pure.

So I'm expecting to get the Pure over the 5X. I'm not too worried about getting Android M immediately, as I'm sure the Moto X won't be far behind and after the Lollipop (memory bugs) debacle, I'm not sure getting the latest immediately is entirely a good thing. Hell I would be fine on Kitkat still on my M8, I waited several months to go to Lollipop anyways just for Xposed support.

I get 4 hours of SOT using verizon LTE very consistently.

I can get 5 hours of SOT if I watch youtube or play games instead of web browsing on chrome. With wifi i can manage 4.5hrs pretty consistently with my normal usage.

The value is incredible relative to the $600 flagships.

In my opinion the only thing missing from the phone is a tap to wake feature. I dont like moto display, and the accelerometer that runs the active display is a bit inconsistent.

I had the ip6+ before, and sidebyside in my opinion the MXP has a better overall display. Call me crazy but I could actually see the pixels on the ip6+ on certain color borders. Not a big deal, but I could see it. on the MXP, it's impossible no matter what i do to see the pixels with my eye. The black levels are also far superior on the MXP, and although people crap on samsung for saturating colors, iphones and apples love to have overly cool color tones, my MXP looks more balanced and neutral. I remember playing some videos sidebyside and the greens + blues popped more on the iphone as I suspected, but anytime there was a neutral background-- e.g. brown backdrop of a canyon, the MXP showed a lot more depth and detail.

I'm really happy with it. I got the bamboo back and it is still far more easy to hold the phone than the ip6+ that I had to becareful with all the time.

This just hit the Web today...

Motorola Says That Unlocking The Bootloader On The Moto X Pure Edition Will Void Your Warranty

It may or may not make a difference to you as the stock software is very good as is.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/0...-moto-x-pure-edition-will-void-your-warranty/

No different than any other OEM and I doubt they'll really enforce it just like any other OEM. Even so, there's usually a method to relock it and remove all traces of it being unlocked. At least there is on my M8 and previous Note 2. One time I didn't even bother locking it back or restoring the stock ROM and didn't have any issues warranting the phone.

Nextbit will warranty rooted phones. One good reason to support that kickstarter

Nextbit will warranty rooted phones. One good reason to support that kickstarter

So will any other OEM, because you don't have to unlock the bootloader to root a phone (in most cases anyways).

I'm on verizon and dont want to my phone to look like a mint chocolate bar, and bloated up with a gimmick feature.

I get 4 hours of SOT using verizon LTE very consistently.

I can get 5 hours of SOT if I watch youtube or play games instead of web browsing on chrome. With wifi i can manage 4.5hrs pretty consistently with my normal usage.

The value is incredible relative to the $600 flagships.

In my opinion the only thing missing from the phone is a tap to wake feature. I dont like moto display, and the accelerometer that runs the active display is a bit inconsistent.

I had the ip6+ before, and sidebyside in my opinion the MXP has a better overall display. Call me crazy but I could actually see the pixels on the ip6+ on certain color borders. Not a big deal, but I could see it. on the MXP, it's impossible no matter what i do to see the pixels with my eye. The black levels are also far superior on the MXP, and although people crap on samsung for saturating colors, iphones and apples love to have overly cool color tones, my MXP looks more balanced and neutral. I remember playing some videos sidebyside and the greens + blues popped more on the iphone as I suspected, but anytime there was a neutral background-- e.g. brown backdrop of a canyon, the MXP showed a lot more depth and detail.

I'm really happy with it. I got the bamboo back and it is still far more easy to hold the phone than the ip6+ that I had to becareful with all the time.

Thanks for the input. I was concerned about the screen being IPS vs AMOLED and the reviews I have read are mixed regarding the screen.

Yeah, it is worth an extra $50 just to NOT have the verizon logo. :)

Really debating between this and the Nexus 5 M or whatever they put behind it. I really like the Unlocked pure version of Android and have been using My Nexus 4 for about 3 years now and its defiantly showing its age.

Really debating between this and the Nexus 5 M or whatever they put behind it. I really like the Unlocked pure version of Android and have been using My Nexus 4 for about 3 years now and its defiantly showing its age.

From what I am hearing the MXPE has a bigger screen, (I have read they will both be IPS) More RAM 3 vs 2GB bigger battery better camera. and the blessed sd slot.

Now, the Nexus 6P might be worth waiting for. That I don't know too much about but I would hate to jump too soon.

I will prolly end up with the MXPE.

That SD slot is awfully tasty that for sure, storage is the biggest money waste in smart phones 128gb for 200 bucks gimme a break

Back