Moto G boost mobile(can be flashed to other carriers)$56.99 target with redcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

primetime

Supreme [H]ardness
Capture_zpsd972fb6a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
http://www.target.com/p/boost-moto-g-pre-paid-cell-phone-black/-/A-15131314[IMG ]

[/IMG]

Price on tag will say $99.99 but will ring up as $59.99....i went ahead an applied for redcard while there and was approved and got an additional 5% off to make it $56.99 plus tax. This phone is a cdma phone which can be flashed to pagepluss or i imagine any of the US Prepaid cdma MVNO's.....I currently use Selectel wireless and was thinking flashing it to pagepluss would be the same thing except for prl's. I bench marked this phone compared to my current Motorola droid razr and it more than doubled the score. I remember paying $170 used for my razr a couple years ago when i bought it, so in my mind $60 bucks for a brand new phone with double the cpu power is a nice deal. I don't know how long the sale is for so i wouldn't wait to long to check your local stores if interested.

If you have no interest in flashing the phone or don't use prepay cdma phones or require 4g then this phone wont do for you. I think for the money its a hell of a deal, maybe even as a backup phone.;)

flashing instructions here:
http://superior-automation.com/temp/MotoG.pdf

I personally haven't flashed mine yet, but have flashed phones before, so i can't comment on that part yet

3dmark results here:
Screenshot_2014-07-23-23-01-44.png

Could be a nice cheap phone for $29 a month with pageplus or possibly other Verizon mvnos
Capture_zpsbdecf342.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
I have this phone with Verizon and it is a steal for what I paid for it. There is finally a decent sub-$100 droid phone...

The battery life is pretty good, even when I play a lot of Ingress.

What did you pay if you don't mind shareing ? I can say one thing it has blazing fast WiFi! Gets the same speed as my PCs WiFi...edit: well almost my pc gets about 60mb but the phone gets around 40mb....still much faster than my last phone
Oh and i never herd of that game...have to try it on the phone:) it definitely has the power to play games with a quad core

Last edited:
I think I paid around $70 on Amazon - it was a couple of weeks ago.

I have this phone with Verizon and it is a steal for what I paid for it. There is finally a decent sub-$100 droid phone...

The battery life is pretty good, even when I play a lot of Ingress.

With the prepay, how often do you need to refill it when playing Ingress regularly?

Ordered one of these to go with it....puts me around 80 dollars total investment....never broke a phone and don't plan to either lol;)

Capture_zps19264a21.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

With the prepay, how often do you need to refill it when playing Ingress regularly?

It comes with 500MB, but I added 1GB extra for $10 this month.

My data usage since June 26th:

~900MB total

283MB used on Ingress the last 30 days. The extra data will carry over until next month when that 500MB runs out. So I figure a $10 extra GB every two months.

Where was this at? I'm wondering if it's nation wide or regional....

Nice phone. Paid full price (~$180) for the GSM version when it was released. The upfront cost was fine with me since I'm on a $10/month plan.

Aside from the camera not being great, the Moto G is a pretty capable smart phone. Definitely recommend it for people looking for an inexpensive phone.

UGH CDMA. With that being said I bought the World/GSM version for $199/16G & it is well worth it.

I love this phone, I paid $150 through republic wireless and my phone bill is now $5 a month, it was $60 with my iPhone 4S. :)

I bought a Fosmon case for it from Amazon, it was like $6, it comes with a kickstand.

Last edited:
Where was this at? I'm wondering if it's nation wide or regional....

I would say nation wide....but you cant really call and check cause like i said there own people don't even know it rings up for that price, so i had the guy take one of the shelf and scan it, and sure enough it was on sale.......if you have a target close by i advise dropping in and checking for yourself...or if you can talk one of there people to scan the item over the phone...could save you a trip.....I had one close by so i didn't care if it was a wasted trip...but to answer your question it was in SC

Last edited:
Yeah we ended up finding one after visiting a few stores last night! :)

There is a verizon one at target as well. Does this ring up for $59.99?

I haven't seen much about being able to flash this to sprint sadly. It might not be possible.

I love this phone, I paid $150 through republic wireless and my phone bill is now $5 a month, it was $60 with my iPhone 4S. :)

I bought a Fosmon case for it from Amazon, it was like $6, it comes with a kickstand.

$5 a month? Holy shit

I've been looking at the lte version of this phone for a while but think I'm going to wait for the new Moto x to come out before I sell my iPhone 5s.

If anyone needs help i have completed the following:
1. Unlocking the bootloader
2. Changed the spc number from boost to verizion
3. Flashed verizion 4.4.2 rom to the phone (phone will auto update to 4.4.4 after first boot which is kinda newer than the boost version)
4. programed 3g to work correctly (more boost numbers changed to verizion?)
Mine should be ready to activate/port my number with pageplus....If selectel lets me use this phone i will but if not ill just switch back to pageplus

these were the directions i used http://superior-automation.com/temp/MotoG.pdf a couple parts kinda threw me off but wasn't to bad;)

Last edited:
Thanks OP!
It showed up $59.99 and the clerk did not even know about it. They had 2 in stock at my local Target and now have 1 left after my purchase. Definitely a worthy price for a kid!

This is a pretty decent cheap phone. The two biggest downsides are no LTE and no removable storage.

This is a pretty decent cheap phone. The two biggest downsides are no LTE and no removable storage.

One thing also to consider is "you get 50 gigs of Google drive storage for two years!" that in a way is sorta cool...if you have high speed wifi then the storage problem is less noticeable

Your absolutely correct and i will ad to it no hdmi output as well.....as of right now i can also say pagepluss is still activating these phones.....as of today im switching from selectel to pagepluss since they are still taking these phones.....$29 bucks a month with 500 megs of data is plenty for using google maps and basic internet on the move...And if im down on my luck and cant afford that the 12 bucks a month plan works great if you have wifi at home or for kids in general its a great choice.....people are foolish to buy kids new phones on 2 year plans....if they misbehave your still paying the bill...crazy in my opinion

for those who don't know pagepluss uses Verizon network.....if you have decent Verizon towers in your area its will work good for you....you can text for free roaming on sprint towers as well just like normal Verizon plans...but no free calls or data on sprint or other roaming cdma towers...just texting...thats just how normal verizion prepay plans work

Selectel gives free calling while roaming on sprint and other towers but thats it no data...so in some ways there better, but they wont take this phone anymore:mad:

So far Im really thinking this phone will do great for me...i just need a reliable phone...its not meant to replace an iphone 5 or other high end phones

Last edited:
I grabbed one because it was cheaper then repairing a cracked screen on one of the old phones for the kids. They did have it marked at my target. And its a decent phone for $60, if you think about $50 is about as cheap as you can get a smart phone on ebay. So getting one that is brand new and will have a better screen is good.

I don't know if I will connect it to a network. I sort of regret the purchase because now I see the Verizon prepaid moto G is only a couple bucks more on Amazon. If I was going to use the prepaid I would rather have the option of a carrier I am not already with.

I grabbed one because it was cheaper then repairing a cracked screen on one of the old phones for the kids. They did have it marked at my target. And its a decent phone for $60, if you think about $50 is about as cheap as you can get a smart phone on ebay. So getting one that is brand new and will have a better screen is good.

I don't know if I will connect it to a network. I sort of regret the purchase because now I see the Verizon prepaid moto G is only a couple bucks more on Amazon. If I was going to use the prepaid I would rather have the option of a carrier I am not already with.

you can....you can use pagepluss...or you meant a different network? that phone can be used for a kid very cheap with them....12 bucks a month...just teach them to mostly use wifi and there set.....or is it you would rather go straight thru Verizon? I don't quit follow you?
I can say this truthfully, I never once regretted leaving Verizon post pay since its so much cheaper with the mvno's

Picked one up to use as a media player.
Fyi, you get 4.9gb usable space.

Picked one up to use as a media player.
Fyi, you get 4.9gb usable space.

that is true, but if your at a place with decent wifi you have "you get 50 gigs of Google drive storage for two years" i put a movie on the phone before switching roms and of course it uploaded it to google drive automatically....it was plenty fast enough to stream and watch....only beneficial if in good wifi range....but kinda interesting cause in a way it gives you 50 gigs of cloud storage...may be of no use but i kinda thought it was cool:D

you can....you can use pagepluss...or you meant a different network? that phone can be used for a kid very cheap with them....12 bucks a month...just teach them to mostly use wifi and there set.....or is it you would rather go straight thru Verizon? I don't quit follow you?
I can say this truthfully, I never once regretted leaving Verizon post pay since its so much cheaper with the mvno's

pageplus looks interesting, I might get the $10 100 minutes. Do those minutes count incoming calls too or only outgoing? Also if you run out of minutes does it shut down your access or can you still receive incoming calls?

I take it if I move to page plus I have to do this flashing or something?

pageplus looks interesting, I might get the $10 100 minutes. Do those minutes count incoming calls too or only outgoing? Also if you run out of minutes does it shut down your access or can you still receive incoming calls?

I take it if I move to page plus I have to do this flashing or something?
I don't think you can still receive incoming calls, but that could be a good question for there cs people.

you would have to follow these directions to use the phone with pp....it looks like a lot of stuff but its mainly just doing 3 things http://superior-automation.com/temp/MotoG.pdf

Is there a version of this phone that will work for Straight Talk by chance?

Is there a version of this phone that will work for Straight Talk by chance?

You would probably have to purchase a gsm version unless straight talk open up a bring your own device event like they have done in the past, but i honestly have no idea how long its been since they last did a byod...i just haven't been keeping up with them

kinda silly since América Móvil owns both company's

You would probably have to purchase a gsm version unless straight talk open up a bring your own device event like they have done in the past, but i honestly have no idea how long its been since they last did a byod...i just haven't been keeping up with them

kinda silly since América Móvil owns both company's

They still let you bring your own device, but as you have said, I think they only let you bring the GSM phones.... http://www.straighttalk.com/wps/portal/home/howitworks

Edit... If I would have looked further they do some CDMA phones. http://www.straighttalk.com/wps/portal/home/h/byop/registration Could someone with this phone check the site to see if it works with zip code 61920

Capture_zps68a3b3eb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
i just got mine turned on today and didnt want to risk going to far with there checker, cause i already have service....but you can call them and truthfully it kinda looks like they will take it.....if its flashed

I checked this forum (from Google search) and someone said the Boost Mobile one wouldn't work with ST but they didn't say if they flashed it or not. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2609780&page=3

Well anyways...to have any chance at all to work with straight talk it would 100% have to be flashed.....theres no programs to buy, as they have free demos that will do the work...that being "DFS" tool is all thats needed software tools wise and a mico usb cable. Theres only one thing that could get in the way...the phone will have a boost esn no matter what you do to it...straight talks sister company pagepluss didn't care...and with the wording of "BYOD cdma" phones sorta tells me it shouldn't be an issue..I didn't know they were still allowing byod cdma phones and with that being said it will be using verizion's network so there's no getting around flashing it IF they really do allow them.

Well...I was debating on the Verizon version or not too. So, will have to see what Straight Talk says. I went ahead an emailed their support to help verify. They have done that before with Chinese knockoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back