Motherboard with support for 5 GPUs

bwang

[H]ard|Gawd
long story: I am now the proud owner of 8 Xeon Phi's courtesy of the latest Intel promo, and I'd like to build them into a pair of quad-Phi workstations. Sadly, as the Phi's themselves do not output video (screw you, Intel!) I need an additional discrete GPU.

What boards are known to operate properly with 5 GPU's installed? Bonus points of they can physically fit 5 dual slot cards, or at least a single slot card plus 4 dual slot cards, but the only board I know of that can do that is the X9DTG and X10DRG (and I've confirmed that the SATA controller on the former shits itself with 5 GPUs installed).

(I'll ignore the part where Phi's don't boot on most motherboards for now, just want to collect data on what boards can turn on 5 of any card).

You got it figured, the X10DRG will do it. In fact it should be able to handle six GPUs.

I take it this is for mining or some other non-video related processor based application?

You got it figured, the X10DRG will do it. In fact it should be able to handle six GPUs.

do you know of anyone that has done this? The X8DTG nominally had the slot configuration but couldn't really handle it.

Back