Motherboard with both Socket 754 and 939: Opinions?

Unabomber

Supreme [H]ardness
Just curious to see what the crowd here thinks about the Jetway board that can use either Socket 754 or Socket 939 CPU's? I don't intend on using one for myself, since I prefer other brands, but there are some who are looking for something cost-effective so they can upgrade their older 754-based systems.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813153035

It's based on the Nvidia nForce4 MCP chipset.

Just a quick bump to see if anyone has any experience with this board.

Thanks.

How is that any kind of upgrade? You can get s754 PCI-E boards... I mean unless they were buying right now, in which case that $86 would buy a lot better board.

It definately IS a neat idea (it's been done before) but there isn't any real need.

Asrock (Asus) does have something similar for P4. It's not a chipset/processor choice, it's creative engineering from motherboard manufacturers.

mavalpha said:
Asrock (Asus) does have something similar for P4. It's not a chipset/processor choice, it's creative engineering from motherboard manufacturers.

Last I checked Asrock is a different company than Asus, the little brother of Asus is Asustek.

Borgschulze said:
Last I checked Asrock is a different company than Asus, the little brother of Asus is Asustek.
I thought that Asrock was Asus' no-frills Chinese made line... ???

The board is kind of ugly, but I can see it being a hit with some fans. If you have an expensive s754 cpu, but want to prepare for the future .... Or maybe you want to see if there is a performance difference between two cpus and want to eliminate MB as a fudge factor ...

the market for this board just seems too damn small...

Someone makes a board like this but fucking Nvidia or ATI won't make a high end AGP card...

Yashu said:
the market for this board just seems too damn small...

Someone makes a board like this but fucking Nvidia or ATI won't make a high end AGP card...

q f t

Back