Motherboard Versus Washing Machine at 1500RPM

Why do people do stupid shit like this?
Was he thinking he could get an AMD by washing the Intel off like this guy seeing if wash the black off to get a white kid?
Please note, I'm not a rasist, I'm an equal opportunity hater. White/black/yellow/brown, christians/jew/caths/muslin, apple/pc, yada yada yada... I will make fun of all of you. :cool:

Was he thinking he could get an AMD by washing the Intel off like this guy seeing if wash the black off to get a white kid?
Please note, I'm not a rasist, I'm an equal opportunity hater. White/black/yellow/brown, christians/jew/caths/muslin, apple/pc, yada yada yada... I will make fun of all of you. :cool:

He didn't say that during the video but the board was dead before he put it in the washing machine. I don't think you see it in the video but there was a broken clock generator, some broken pins and heavily damaged edges.

So when you work for a hardware reviewing site what can you do with dead hardware? Yeah sure, you can rma it, but sometimes you just want to have fun and the washing machine, that's what Chris came up with :)

Btw. I have to say: I really love the comments here :D

... when you work for a hardware reviewing site what can you do with dead hardware? ...

I get a lot of old hard drives from decommissioning old systems that are either a.) HW defective; b.) client doens't want to to pay for DoD-level cleaning; c.) not trusted for a new system. So I ask if I can destroy them via a few holes from .223, .308, .45 or .58. Most people like seeing the drive post "rendering inoperable". And I don't even charge them the time or material. :D

It is a good feeling - destroying HW that has given you a headach over the years. Like that scene from Office Space with the HP LJ3 (?) displaying "PC LOAD LETTER".

I don't probably we will play frisbee with the board tomorrow and after that drown it in an LN2 bath to then drop it ...

I would love to shoot hardware but in Switzerland it's kind of difficult to do stuff like this. If I had the chance ... or a big enough backyard I would blow these things up.

Damn that's a tiny ass washing machine.

Pretty much standard size here in Europe, you should see the stove/ovens here ridiculously small(19in wide external),lets just say I dont cook a 20lbs turkey, let alone 10 rofl...

I get a lot of old hard drives from decommissioning old systems that are either a.) HW defective; b.) client doens't want to to pay for DoD-level cleaning; c.) not trusted for a new system. So I ask if I can destroy them via a few holes from .223, .308, .45 or .58. Most people like seeing the drive post "rendering inoperable". And I don't even charge them the time or material. :D

It is a good feeling - destroying HW that has given you a headach over the years. Like that scene from Office Space with the HP LJ3 (?) displaying "PC LOAD LETTER".

So, let me get this right. You charge people to DoD 5220.22-M a drive, but you don't charge them ammo costs?

Your logic, sir...

The reviewer and his site are based in Switzerland.

I stand by my statement.

And I dont think he could really be called a reviewer. If we did call him a reviewer, what is he reviewing here? The Motherboard or the washing machine?

I personally like to think of him as some sort of bored nerd whos opinion I would probably prefer to laugh at. :D

I was guessing the mobo belonged to a room mate that would rather buy computer parts than pay rent or something...

He didn't say that during the video but the board was dead before he put it in the washing machine. I don't think you see it in the video but there was a broken clock generator, some broken pins and heavily damaged edges.

So when you work for a hardware reviewing site what can you do with dead hardware? Yeah sure, you can rma it, but sometimes you just want to have fun and the washing machine, that's what Chris came up with :)

Btw. I have to say: I really love the comments here :D

I only watched the 1st 5 minutes, didn't know the MOBO was dead.

He should send it into Intel for RMA... just to see what kind of response he would get.

Pretty much standard size here in Europe, you should see the stove/ovens here ridiculously small(19in wide external),lets just say I dont cook a 20lbs turkey, let alone 10 rofl...

I don't have a lot of clothes but using that it would take 5 or 6 loads of laundry to do it all. I think most if not all my clothes can be done in one load in my washing machine.

Could be monetizing through YouTube.

Haven't got an hour to waste, skipped to the end to see that this was a pointless exercise...shocking, I would have never thought a full cycle in a washing machine would knacker a motherboard:rolleyes:

That's because Europeans have tiny asses, so dont wear XXXL american clothes, so no need for big washing machines. :D

This statement really is revealing. When I was over in southern Europe a couple years back I couldn't get over how thin all the people are. I always wondered who wore all those designer clothes and I found out on the streets of Barcelona. The only ones that have any fat are the old folks with canes. I chalk a lot of that up to the fact they don't supersize everything, they have a generally fresher food supply as much of it is locally grown and they walk...a lot. It seems like they walk everywhere in the cities there.

I'm not a super fat guy but I have a paunch. (6' 4" 282lbs) Every one of them asked if I was from Texas. Thought it was hillarious.

This statement really is revealing. When I was over in southern Europe a couple years back I couldn't get over how thin all the people are. I always wondered who wore all those designer clothes and I found out on the streets of Barcelona. The only ones that have any fat are the old folks with canes. I chalk a lot of that up to the fact they don't supersize everything, they have a generally fresher food supply as much of it is locally grown and they walk...a lot. It seems like they walk everywhere in the cities there.

I'm not a super fat guy but I have a paunch. (6' 4" 282lbs) Every one of them asked if I was from Texas. Thought it was hillarious.

Yeah, but honestly, how many of the Spaniards were above 6 feet tall? I'm 6'6 230lbs myself, but I'm not "fat' by any means. I have trouble buying jeans in the states, unless I shop online. "Oh, you wear a 36" inseam? You must be fat, here's a 40" waist! :(

Back