Motherboard that allows selectively disabling m.2 slots

EnderW

[H]F Junkie
Sample photo attached. I'm looking for a motherboard that allows for selective disabling of m.2 slots. I want to have multiple OS installations that are totally isolated from each other.

1677868364896.png

I'm on an X570 Dark Hero, so I figure if any Asus gaming motherboard had this feature, it'd be this one.
So I checked the BIOS, but nope. I couldn't find anything specifically like what you want.

However, an alternative could be to fully encrypt both of the drives. Then there would be no file-reading or data-transfer between them, if that's what you want.

The feature doesnt exist and I havent found reference to any upcoming change in this regard.
pita

I've worked with and reviewed a couple of hundred motherboards and I can't think of a single one off hand that had this feature.

The fundamental aspect here isn't about disabling "m.2 slots." It's about disabling PCIe lanes. However, stating that doesn't really help. I've only been able to change the PCIe generation.

The fundamental aspect here isn't about disabling "m.2 slots." It's about disabling PCIe lanes. However, stating that doesn't really help. I've only been able to change the PCIe generation.
You won't really find that either. I used to see that on the ultra-high end ROG boards, but it was primarily for PCI-Express x16 type slots, not M.2 slots.

I've worked with and reviewed a couple of hundred motherboards and I can't think of a single one off hand that had this feature.
Well I already found one board (pictured in the OP) but I’d prefer an ATX option. Also the Ghost/QuartzCanyon NUCs have this option. I think Skull Canyon too but I haven’t verified that one.

Back