Motherboard shortage too in search of reasonably priced mobos

mkrohn

2[H]4U
If you haven't checked recently all of the motherboards I've seen listed as confirmed 6+ GPU's capable boards are sold out. Anybody know of any around $100 on newegg or amazon or somebody else thats good? I'm seeing backorders on motherboards even so I know things are nuts right now. I'm pretty close to my limit of boards/cards right now and need to get ready for more cards I've preordered from all over the place. I have a stack of ubits and tons of risers that came in from china over the holidays. should I just start grabbing some random AM4 boards and trying my luck? It may be worth building these rigs around having the CPU mine at this point.

Tell me about it. I was looking to pick up another couple Asus or MSI Z270 boards and they are all gone.

I too was thinking about building some 1950x CPU mining rigs, or high core count Intel E5-26xx ES from ebay on a dual a quad socket mobo. I can get something like a E5-2680 v4 for $350 that will do about 700 H/s. Put 4 on a quad mobo, and you have a 2800 H/s XMR miner. :)

I have 3 rigs running 9 GPUs on Asus PRIME Z270-A (7 on risers in PCIe slots and 2 on risers in the M.2 slots using adapters)

I have 2 rigs running 7 GPUs on MSI Z270-A PRO (6 on risers in PCIe slots and 1 on risers in the M.2 slot using adapters)

Never had any issues under Ubuntu nor windows 10 (using fall creator update).

I have an Asus Prime Z270-A running 8 cards... Was actually easy to setup. Been very stable.

Can't find the MB in stock for the life of me though..

I have 3 rigs running 9 GPUs on Asus PRIME Z270-A (7 on risers in PCIe slots and 2 on risers in the M.2 slots using adapters)

I have 2 rigs running 7 GPUs on MSI Z270-A PRO (6 on risers in PCIe slots and 1 on risers in the M.2 slot using adapters)

Never had any issues under Ubuntu nor windows 10 (using fall creator update).

Which m2 risers are you using? Are you also doing 2.5" SATA SSD?

For those thinking about 1950X's for CPU mining they work pretty good for coins using the Cryptonight algo.

Back