motherboard seems to not hold the OC anymore which mobo now

alphaqforever247

[H]ard|Gawd
i have a g33m ds2r mobo i had my e8400 clocked at 3.8 for years with no problems. i have now noticed that when my pc starts up it will say e8300 @ 3.8 423 fsb x9. but when i get to windows and turn on cpuid its at stock 3.0 speed? do you think this is a mobo problem?

I was sure before reading your post, that you have a Gigabyte mobo :D
That behavior it's typical for P35/45 Gigabyte boards, you must clear the CMOS and redo your OC. Be sure that you disabled all the unused ports, Legacy USB Storage Detect and so on. Additionally you can make OC profiles in the BIOS (I'm not sure if your G33M-DS2R has that feature).

I was sure before reading your post, that you have a Gigabyte mobo :D
That behavior it's typical for P35/45 Gigabyte boards, you must clear the CMOS and redo your OC. Be sure that you disabled all the unused ports, Legacy USB Storage Detect and so on. Additionally you can make OC profiles in the BIOS (I'm not sure if your G33M-DS2R has that feature).

yeah i tried resetting the cmos and the OC worked again but wasnt stable anymore at 3.8 tired lowering it and lowering it and no matter what OC it was it wasnt stable it would always restart on me.

Back