Motherboard rear audio jack distortion

I'm using Biostar TPower i45 motherboard, which has the Realtek ALC888S audio.

Recently, the motherboard rear audio port (green stereo out) is giving me distortion in music playback. The distortion sounds as if the speakers are playing out very loud and distort due to clipping.

When the speaker is plugged to the front audio port on my casing, the distortion is gone. Everything sounds normal. No distortion.

It is not the speaker problem as I've never had the issue in the past. The speaker also works fine when plugged to my iPhone.

Is my rear audio port faulty? Is there a quick fix?

amusingly due to internet issues at my house this will be the 3rd dang time I have tried to reply to this.

However not widthstanding

1st..check and make sure no "enhancements" are on... turn them off if they are 2nd check bit rate settings, 3rd try different audio software (if you haven't yet , and or check settings on program(s).

4th if 1, 2, and 3 don't help uninstall audio drivers and install newest drivers from realtek's site and see where that gets you.

if that doesn't work maybe try a little contact cleaner on the 3.5mm jack (turn pc off / unplug .. i think if it was me I'd spray a bit on the 3.5mm speaker plug and then insert it and twist it about some then take it out and repeat a few times (spraying inserting twisting.)

could be faulty too...but try that stuff before jumping to any conclusions..

Back