Motherboard Issue?

Diashto

Limp Gawd
Running an Opteron 165 @ stock right now due to stability issues.. and CPU-Z is showing a massive fluxuation in the voltage.. from 1.322 up to 1.416... is this normal? or is this just a faulty motherboard voltage regulator?

Rest of specs in the sig.

It could be mobo or PSU issue. What kind of PSU (brand namewise) do you have?

Diashto said:
.. and CPU-Z is showing a massive fluxuation in the voltage.. from 1.322 up to 1.416... is this normal? or is this just a faulty motherboard voltage regulator? Rest of specs in the sig.
I dumped that board for that very reason. The super-stable power delivery of the A8N32-SLI is totally different (I'm using the same PSU). Overclocks weren't possible for me on the ASRock board without upping the voltage, as it kept dipping below standard (I don't like raising the voltage). Interesting that ASRock is a division of Asus.

Oops, sorry, I had the Dual SATA-II, but I'd bet the power delivery is just as bad on the SLI. As the budget division of Asus I don't think they put a lot into it.

JCNiest5 said:
It could be mobo or PSU issue. What kind of PSU (brand namewise) do you have?

Antec SmartPower 2.0 500W.. i've already stuck a multimeter on it and its powering everything just fine.

I shuold also note that Speedfan 4.28 shows the 12v rail at 9.08v.. but the multimeter probes showed a normal 12v.

Back