Motherboard/Graphics card probs

Rogue007

Weaksauce
I have a Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H mobo, 4770k, GTX 690, with 2 x Samsung 840 pro in RAID0.
The RAID0 was set up as UEFI in BIOS.
The prob I have is I cannot get a display signal from the graphics. When I 1st built the system I had this prob, but eventually got it working. When I updated BIOS the same thing happened, at 1st it wouldn't work, but then did.
Last week I was 20 mins into a game of Crysis 3 campaign when the game crashed. The screen went black and a buzzing noise through headphones. It locked in this state untill I rebooted.
Since this I cannot get a display signal through the graphics card at all. It will display through the 4770k's onboard gpu, but not the gtx690.
I'm hoping the prob lies with the motherboard as this is far cheaper. I strongly suspected the motherboard due to the probs I had early on.
I have done all the usuall, reset CMOS, loaded fail safe defaults etc, but nothing.
I'm now not so sure though, I swapped the 690 from pci-e slot to slot 2, and nothing.
I then tried an old HD4870 which I know to work as it was in my old system, this also wouldn't work, so I was sure it was the mobo. Untill I manually changed PCI-E Gen to 1 from auto. It then worked, and displayed through the card.
I have tried changing the PCI-e Gen for the 690 manually, tried Gen 1, 2, and 3. But none will work.
I haven't tried the 690 in another system yet, as the only one I can test it in is my old one, which means re-building it.
The mobo was bought new, so can RMA if neccessary, I've contacted Gigabyte but so far got the usuall clear CMOS etc. The 690 is used, so no RMA there, fingers crossed its the mobo.
Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated.
I've found a couple of threads about UEFI not being supported by many gpu's. Some manufacturers have done UEFI compatible BIOS's for their gpu's EVGA included who manufactuter mine. Could this be the prob? But the HD4870 would surely not support UEFI as its an antique??????
Thanks (sorry for such a huge post, wanted to include as much detail as poss)

Got another machine to test the 690 in? A friend or family member? What brand is it?

It's an EVGA, the only machine is my old one. I'm gonna have to re-build it and try it. If it'll fit !!
Also I should add, when I boot the system with the display fed from the onboard gpu, I check Hardware manager/ display ports, and the GTX690 is not listed, only the 4600 onboard the Haswell. Like the system does not see the card at all. When I try to go into Nvidea control panel, it says 'no Nvidea hardware detected'
Which I find strange. If the 690 was at fault, I would expect it to still be seen by the system, just not function correctly. Or at least list something under hardware manager, even if it just said 'unrecognised' or 'fauly' etc. But it's like the PCI-E slot is empty.

Tried other slots?

You can still RMA it through EVGA's guest system.

Thanks. Thats good to know, but not sure how long gaurantee would be for as its over 12 months old now I think.
Another strange thing, when I originally got the system up and running. The system would boot very quickly as expected, but there would be no POST screen/logo. The 1st thing to appear on screen when booting would be the initial windows 8 welcome screen. No logo screen etc. But now, when the system boots it displays the Gigabyte logo 1st, whereas it never did before.
I'm going mad !!!!

Crazy question, but do you have any external HDD's or anything else that would take a while for power up and respond to the USB hub? I only ask as I've been having this same issue (just had it about 5 minutes ago). Only thing I dud was unplug my external, and it booted just fine.

Back