Motherboard for little bros chrismas present *advice*

Ace123

Anal Rooter
Hey fellas. Last year for christmas I baught my little brother a CPU and MOBO combo from frys. Good chip... pentium D (I know its not a conroe ok) like 2.4ghz dual core blah blah. More than enough for what hes doing right.
Its done well for a year, but the motherboard is starting to lack in.... well everything.
Its a cheap ECS mobo with like ddr1 and ddr2 support, its only got AGP... and well its crap.
So I was thinking of getting a mobo for christmas this year for him but I dont wanna spend a shit load of money.
Im looking for advice on what to get him. Id like to spend sub 100 bucks.
I need to overclock this chip as much as possible STABILY for him so that he can get the most use out of it until next year maybe. He wants to play COD4 and all them new games.
I was looking at the MSI neo p35 combo F.

Lemme know what you guys think? P965 enough to get this chip up to speed? p35 the way to go?

ip35-e or.. the gigabyte ga-p35-ds3L
Both are awesome motherboards for around $90.
Even though, it's a low end model, they're fully capable motherboards that a lot of people use in even their mid/high-end gaming rigs.

If you're not going to be upgrading at every technological stepup, This mobo will support most of the latest technology(no ddr3, no raid, no dual-card SLI, no pcie x2; none of which he should need unless he's shelling out over $1500 on his computer), so it'll most likely last him for years to come.

Just built the system for my cousing using DS3L. Great board. Cold boot issue doesn't bother me.

Back