Motherboard decision help - dual vid card and ocz

hiroler

Weaksauce
I'm having a helluva time deciding which motherboard to order. I want to run dual pci-e video cards, so I'm assuming I need one with 2x pci-e 16x slots. I ordered the ocz 800mhz deal from outpost which i guess rules out the 965 chipset?. I need atlest 2 pci slots as well, since i'm doing pci scsi controller.

I'm more concerned about video/gaming than overclocking, I went with the e6300. Antec Truepower 550w ps.

I like asus p5w dh because it has WiFi which i need. Is this probably my best bet then for two pci-e and wifi? ($250)

Thanks so much, ive been searching like 3 days now, really need to order something today.

Kyle

dang, thats what i figured.. the most expensive one available.. i had budgeted 250 not 320 =P

The speed difference between an 8x and a 16x PCIe slot is quite small. Hell, GPUs barely make use of the AGP 8x slot lol.

A dual 8x PCIe board will do FINE, even a SLI/Crossfire board will work if you disable them...

That board with the built in Wifi is pretty sweet.

I went ahead on the asus p5w dh but it's on backorder hopefully until today. I don't like the idea of crossfire ATI cards because my new apartment is hot enough as it is. It sucks that there's no good SLI option right now, I was about to pull the trigger on a 7950, but I guess i will pick up some cheapo video card until dx10 and hopefully lower power consuming ATI cards

Back