Motherboard/Case pin-out

Scratch99

n00b
Trying to set up an older Gigabyte/P3 motherboard.
Is there a logical progression that I can follow to install the case leads?
The pins for the speaker is marked [spk] but not the others.
Really don't want to fry anything, so I need help.
Yeah, I know its an old Win 98 box, but I would really like to use it for some legacy games.
Your input is most appreciated.
Thanks
Scratch...

I don't know if you have the board model number handy (it "should" start with GA- for the older Gigabyte boards)
You saying it is an older Intel board I know Intel has been using the 9 Pin header for a very long time but as you may know the board makers are free to use any pin arrangement that they please for the front panel connections.
If you post the board model number here I can possibly find the manual or you can search Google and probably find it there yourself

Intel 9pin_2.jpg

Pentium 3 board? In my experience they were random. You're best bet is to just google the model and download the manual. I find them for pentium 1 boards all the time, you shouldn't have an issue on a p3.

I don't know if you have the board model number handy (it "should" start with GA- for the older Gigabyte boards)
You saying it is an older Intel board I know Intel has been using the 9 Pin header for a very long time but as you may know the board makers are free to use any pin arrangement that they please for the front panel connections.
If you post the board model number here I can possibly find the manual or you can search Google and probably find it there yourself

View attachment 244213
Many thanks for your help.
I was able to find the serial number for this board and saved the PDF manual.
Printed the pin-out and I should be good to go.
Appreciate all your help gentlemen. :)

Just curious what was the model and/or serial number of said motherboard?
The Gigabyte logo on the face of the motherboard states that it is a GA-7XE.
According to the PDF that I was able to download this appears to be an Athlon motherboard.
According to the ticket pasted to the bottom of the case, the cpu is a P-3 650.
Can't get a better close-up of the ticket.

Attachments

• IMG_0576.JPG
    IMG_0576.JPG
    172.2 KB · Views: 0
Yes that is an AMD Athlon motherboard. I guess the case was reused and that motherboard is not the original one when that computer shop originally built that computer

Yes that is an AMD Athlon motherboard. I guess the case was reused and that motherboard is not the original one when that computer shop originally built that computer
Yes. Purchased from a nice lady that rebuilt computers to help keep the wolf away from the door.
This was kind of a stop-gap machine after I dropped my gamer on a hard floor.
Sorry to lose that box. (no post)
I am impressed with Gigabyte boards, which my daily driver uses.
They seem to use quality parts and you can still get a PDF for an older machine.

Back