Motherboard bent?

Turn on the computer. If it works, you didn't break anything. That's how we test things ;).

Yeah it works. I'm just worried about long term effects from the bending that might not appear while I do light testing right now.

Yeah it works. I'm just worried about long term effects from the bending that might not appear while I do light testing right now.

I doubt there will be any. It's rather hard to damage a board by bending it a bit. The components are attached pretty securely.

I installed windows xp pro and it's been running for about 5 hours now. So far so good. Is it ok to be running the mb on the antistatic bag for this long? Kind of worried about the heat,

I also tried out real temp. Here are the stats: (I have Intel Q8200)

Temperature
37 34 42 42

Distance to TJ Max
63 66 58 58

Minimum
37 33 41 41

Maximum
37 37 44 44

Thermal Status
OK OK OK OK

Like all females, she just wants to discuss it. :D
I don't think most gals would try to build a computer! ;)

Before I forget, I really want to thank everyone in this thread and the other related one for bearing with all my questions and helping me reduce my worries. Thanks a573573, magoo, mrloler, vick1000, and zero82z! I only wish I knew all this stuff so I didn't have to bother anyone.

I sent out the rebate, so now I just hope this motherboard will treat me well for at least the next 3 years. :)

I don't think most gals would try to build a computer! ;)

Before I forget, I really want to thank everyone in this thread and the other related one for bearing with all my questions and helping me reduce my worries. Thanks a573573, magoo, mrloler, vick1000, and zero82z! I only wish I knew all this stuff so I didn't have to bother anyone.

I sent out the rebate, so now I just hope this motherboard will treat me well for at least the next 3 years. :)

Hey, good for you!!!!:D
If you are worried about heat while you have the board on the bag, just plug in a case fan or even small room fan and blow some air on the board.

Looks like all you have left to do is put the thing in the case.

You didn't bother anyone. I really enjoy helping people with my limited knowlege, sure sometimes I give them a little harrassment but over all everybody here is very helpful and patient. You did a good job and hung in there with your concerns! Everybody started at square one once, some people just forget that.

Good luck the rest of the way.

I installed windows xp pro and it's been running for about 5 hours now. So far so good. Is it ok to be running the mb on the antistatic bag for this long? Kind of worried about the heat,

I also tried out real temp. Here are the stats: (I have Intel Q8200)

Temperature
37 34 42 42

Distance to TJ Max
63 66 58 58

Minimum
37 33 41 41

Maximum
37 37 44 44

Thermal Status
OK OK OK OK

Everything is perfectly fine. I would like to add however that the temperature readings you're getting right now probably aren't particularly accurate due to the way that the temperature sensors in your CPU work (they are only accurate above around 50C). If you want to get a good feel for your temps, download something like Prime95 or Orthos and stress-test the CPU to see what the load temperatures are.
You're welcome. As for wishing you knew all this stuff already, this is how you learn. Next time, it won't be so difficult ;).

Back