Motherboard Audio Doesn't Split Center / Subwoofer channel

Punkrulz

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello!

I just built a new computer using the MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon motherboard, which uses Realtek HD audio. My speaker setup is using the Creative Inspire 5300 5.1 Surround Sound, however I'm not utilizing the rear speakers. I connected the Central / Subwoofer connector to where it is supposed to go, then the front speakers, then the rear. The front speakers play nicely, however whenever I attempt to test the Central / Subwoofer, it only plays the low hz subwoofer tone. It isn't giving me the audio it is supposed to.

I've attempted to use the swap center / subwoofer option, but while testing the subwoofer is getting it's actual audio so that doesn't do anything. I've tried messing with the ports, positions, driver, etc but haven't been successful. Unfortunately this makes my speaker setup useless as certain games like to use the center channel. I honestly may have had a similar issue with my last motherboard, however I don't recall what the fix was.

Has anyone run into this before?

Maybe the centre speaker is actually just broken?

Try plugging in the sub/centre into the left/right jack and see if you hear both channels. If not, the speaker is dead.

Back