[Mostly Dead] EVGA B-Stock strikes again

Yeah, that is a pretty amazing deal on a 3090 (at least for now). There have been so many times in the last few weeks when I've almost bought a 3090 or 3090 Ti. But the RTX 4080 12GB (aka 4070) is only going to be $899, and so I think it really makes sense to wait for 3rd party benchmarks (aka real performance numbers, not just what nvidia wants you to believe) to see exactly how things stack up. It would suck to get a 3090 now only to have it get spanked by the red-headed stepchild of the 4xxx series.

Last edited:
do i buy a 3090 to upgrade my 3070ti.... or wait for 4080 for 1200....
edit: i cannot check out
edit edit: I bought a 3090, Yolo. Just bought a 5800x3d too. My wifes gunna kill me
Same thing I will have as soon as 3090 arrives. My wife hasn't struck so far!

Bought a 3080 12gb hybrid, was inspired from B-stock website and got off ebay NIB. Why not, right?

Dan lol I hear you, I have a lot of house projects to do to help 'earn' back the value of this new build. Will probably have to go 5600X instead of that sweet 5800X3D you have

They just added a couple models to their B-Stock page, including big money 3090 and 3090 ti.

Last edited:
The 3070ti looks like a nice deal and the 3060ti but I am curious it the 6800xt will fall to a lower price. Also with EVGA leaving the market and 1 year only warranty

I'd grab one of those 3080 Ti's or a 3090 if I had the cash at this moment.

Any applicable codes to newly regged accounts there? Really wanting to get that 3090 but the like $60 in tax is pushing me from "you'd be crazy to buy this right now" into "you'd be totally fucking insane to buy this right now", I know it doesn't sound like a lot in the scheme of things, it's just enough to keep me from being able to cover a legitimately important expense without figuring out somewhere else to make it up.

Any applicable codes to newly regged accounts there? Really wanting to get that 3090 but the like $60 in tax is pushing me from "you'd be crazy to buy this right now" into "you'd be totally fucking insane to buy this right now", I know it doesn't sound like a lot in the scheme of things, it's just enough to keep me from being able to cover a legitimately important expense without figuring out somewhere else to make it up.
Google for an associate code, they give 3 percent off of video cards.

19JXWZVDMWL4WEI

19JXWZVDMWL4WEI
$24 off helped with the taxes for me.

Really 60$ on a 900$ item.... Just do it

I'm actually a bit weary of b-stock at least for graphics cards, seeing them pop up and going for less than MSRP (Nvidia's MSRP not EVGAs) is something that was unheard during the GPUocalypse, and to see all of these cards coming up AND the low prices makes me think everyone who mined with them in some way made them up for warranty repair/return (3 year window) and now bstock is refurbish but heavily mined cards... now I may just be getting all tin foil hatty here but part of my gut says stay away, this isn't a clearance because they're getting out of the business this are low prices because they're absolutely inundated with refurbs.

I'm actually a bit weary of b-stock at least for graphics cards, seeing them pop up and going for less than MSRP (Nvidia's MSRP not EVGAs) is something that was unheard during the GPUocalypse, and to see all of these cards coming up AND the low prices makes me think everyone who mined with them in some way made them up for warranty repair/return (3 year window) and now bstock is refurbish but heavily mined cards... now I may just be getting all tin foil hatty here but part of my gut says stay away, this isn't a clearance because they're getting out of the business this are low prices because they're absolutely inundated with refurbs.

I have one year, if it doesn't fail in that time I think it will be fine. Hell I mined with a 6950 flashed to a 6970 for 3 years solid 24/7 and that card still works fine. Never know though, some may be luckier than others.

I've been using this 2080xc B stock that I got before the GPUpocalypse for a lot of not so heavy gaming (Elden Ring, Q2RTX, FFXIV, Skyrim with oodles of mods, MK11, etc) and it's been a champ these last few years. I might keep my eyes out for one of those 3090s, as I expect the RTX 40 series release to be a complete shitshow just like the last one. IDGAF what the retailers say about antibot protections blah blah I realize that is bullshit fed to media for investor/stock market satisfaction.

Yup, but more to come I'm sure. And the price may be lower.

With EVGA going away it might be better to just buy new from someone else unless it was a heck of a deal... though I'd probably impulse buy any 3090 with a warranty if it was <$700

With EVGA going away it might be better to just buy new from someone else unless it was a heck of a deal... though I'd probably impulse buy any 3090 with a warranty if it was <$700
B-stock is only one year warranty. So it really doesn't matter. They will still be around at least a year.

Reactions: TXE36
like this
B-stock is only one year warranty. So it really doesn't matter. They will still be around at least a year.
My worry is considering they're getting out of the game, how much scrutiny are they putting into returned cards to check for damage. They very well could be in "awww fuck it, I'm not going to have a job in a few months, fan problem fixed, BSTOCK" basically enough care to make it work, but that's it... almost as bad as Fry's when they'd seem to put the return sticker on just about anything

I've got two long term b-stock EVGA cards, a GTX 980 (2016) and a GTX 1070 TI (2019). Both still work fine. I got the 1070 TI for a steal, because it was given to me in exchange for a 980 TI b-stock that went bad during the first 30 days that I paid $199 for. 1070 TIs at the time were going for $400 used. Given b-stocks only have a 1 year warranty and the company's reputation, I think b-stock is pretty low risk even considering the recent decision to abandon Nvidia. For the right price, it is a better risk than Ebay. Just test the crap out of it for the first few weeks - which is something I would do even with a new card.

EVGA certainly has not been perfect, but their customer service reputation didn't just happen.

These b-stock deals don't look bad and had me re-assessing my recent purchase of a pair of the 1080 TI FTW3s for $260 each off Ebay. Still not worth it for me given my needs, but tempting nonetheless.

I've got two long term b-stock EVGA cards, a GTX 980 (2016) and a GTX 1070 TI (2019). Both still work fine.
But again, that was all before everyone went miner crazy. It's not the concept of B-stock I'm against, it's refurbished returns I get that. It's just the climate of etherum mining ending along with EVGA ain't going to have video cards in the future my gut just says the huge influx of b-stock at relatively low prices is due largely to that where if EVGA was still in the game you might see these b-stock cards trickle in more slowly as the purchasers get closer to that 3 year warranty deadline.

My worry is considering they're getting out of the game, how much scrutiny are they putting into returned cards to check for damage. They very well could be in "awww fuck it, I'm not going to have a job in a few months, fan problem fixed, BSTOCK" basically enough care to make it work, but that's it... almost as bad as Fry's when they'd seem to put the return sticker on just about anything

I'm pretty sure all refurbs are done by an outside company that EVGA hires. I don't think they have any in-house manufacturing or repair capabilities.

These b-stock deals don't look bad and had me re-assessing my recent purchase of a pair of the 1080 TI FTW3s for $260 each off Ebay. Still not worth it for me given my needs, but tempting nonetheless.

I wouldn’t sweat it on that ebay deal. 1080 Tis are still beasts for everything that isn’t brand new and raytraced. Outside of ray tracing stuff they are roughly 3060/3060ti performance.

I wouldn’t sweat it on that ebay deal. 1080 Tis are still beasts for everything that isn’t brand new and raytraced. Outside of ray tracing stuff they are roughly 3060/3060ti performance.
Oh I'm not. I'm running them in SLI which means they are about 3080TI/3090 performance level. Even managed to undervolt them just a bit to save some power while still boosting to 1800. What I'm doing is not mainstream, but it works for me and I don't care one iota about RT.

These were clearly mining cards, but at $257 each free shipping with a 30 day no questions asked free return shipping refund policy, it was worth the shot.

Some new models have been posted, but prices ain't good anymore IMO.
Depends on which level you're looking at, I've been keeping an eye at the 3070 level of performance and they all seem to be at that $440 price range that they've been at in the past. Usually throughout the week that'll change and some of them get bumped up to 540, but then new week of cards back down again. I wonder if the pricing system is in any way automated based on available stock.

Back