Most undervalued cryptocurrency - your opinion?

Zonomel

n00b
What do you think is the most undervalued cryptocurrency?
Do you have some smaller and unknown projects that you are watching?
It's a very volatile market at the moment, but that makes it interesting.
Do you think the crypto market will be able to recover?

None of us can see into the future and predict what the next big thing will be. I also don't think there is just one undervalued cryptocurrency, but several.

In general, though, I do believe that the crypto market will recover sooner or later. I think either it will end with cryptocurrencies altogether (which I think is extremely unlikely at this point). Or the prices will rise again at some point.

If you believe in a future for cryptocurrencies, now is probably not a bad time to invest. Precisely because the prices are low and you get relatively much for relatively little money. I myself will continue to monitor the current developments and then expand my portfolio.

I will no longer bet on blockchains that are based on proof of work, like Bitcoin. Instead, I will focus on cryptocurrencies that are based on alternatives such as proof of stake or, like Idena, on proof of personhood. Or which, like Ethereum, are planning to switch from PoW to PoS. Whereas with Ethereum, I will wait to see how it goes. The switch was announced a long time ago and has now been waiting for some time. But I think it will be a real gamechanger and make people aware that there are better alternatives to PoW.

I would like to leave one more tip here: When investing in crypto, there are great opportunities, but also risks. So it is important to make good decisions and not to use money whose loss you can't bear in the worst case. If you don't have much or any money but still want to invest in cryptos, you should find out which coins might be worth mining.

The market is saying all crypto is overvalued. I wouldn't buy into crypto at this point.
I personally think ETH has the most potential for growth. The market is down now but long term I think ETH will be one of the main players since it will be the most integrated into apps/banking, etc. It's not exactly cheap but historically speaking, a steal.

The only other currency I would go for is ADA since it too will likely be utilized in some fashion. It's also dirt cheap right now.

The market is saying all crypto is overvalued. I wouldn't buy into crypto at this point.
There are cryptocurrencies that have increased in value again. Even the stock markets have weakened after the interest rate hike was announced. In the long term, many things will rise again - whether stocks or cryptocurrencies. Some will fall by the wayside but that's also good, it can be a little thinned out. With meaningless Memecoins and NFTs, the market has been flooded a lot in recent months.
None of us can see into the future and predict what the next big thing will be. I also don't think there is just one undervalued cryptocurrency, but several.
Of course not. I also do not want tips to invest. But suggestions to expand your own horizons would be nice. Other people may well have come across good projects.
One should not blindly adopt these tips. You have to do your own research and check everything - but I assume that.
I will focus on cryptocurrencies that are based on alternatives such as proof of stake or, like Idena, on proof of personhood.
I didn't know idena yet, for example. That doesn't mean anything to me now. I also don't know what the Proof of Personhood protocol is about. But I will do some research on this.
Why is the Proof of Work protocol a problem for you?
You exclude most cryptocurrencies with it.

It's also dirt cheap right now.
This is the good point with the fallen prices in recent weeks. You can get back into projects relatively cheaply.

Or which, like Ethereum, are planning to switch from PoW to PoS. Whereas with Ethereum, I will wait to see how it goes. The switch was announced a long time ago and has now been waiting for some time. But I think it will be a real gamechanger and make people aware that there are better alternatives to PoW.
Yeah what’s up with that? I feel like this transition process has been taking forever, wonder when it’ll finally be done.

In general, I am absolutely positive that the market will recover sooner or later. And as for now, it’s certainly not the worst time to invest, because you can actually get many of the coins a whole lot cheaper. Of course, be aware of the risk and so on. I’d recommend like you said, to do your own research. When you ask around you can never know what people’s real motives are behind their recommendations. But of course just to discuss and get other opinions, forums like this are great.

Yeah what’s up with that? I feel like this transition process has been taking forever, wonder when it’ll finally be done.
But then you could switch to Proof of Personhood right away. That would consume even less power and would also be more democratic.

Allegedly, Ethereum is concerned about the high energy consumption. We would now have to look at whether POP already existed at the time when Ethereum decided to switch to POS. Otherwise, there would be no reason why one would not switch to POP right away. At least not if you are serious about lower power consumption. But with the POP protocol, one will probably also give away too much power to the users and could no longer favor some users.

I personally think ETH has the most potential for growth.
I also believe that Ethereum has a lot of potential. But I think that the constant postponement of the switch to proof of stake has hurt the cryptocurrency. Or do you know any good reasons why it keeps getting delayed?

The only other currency I would go for is ADA since it too will likely be utilized in some fashion. It's also dirt cheap right now.
I invested in Cardano last year because I was very convinced. Unfortunately, I still bought some coins at an inopportune time. But I am still convinced of ADA and I am confident that the prices will rise again.

I didn't know idena yet, for example. That doesn't mean anything to me now. I also don't know what the Proof of Personhood protocol is about. But I will do some research on this.
Why is the Proof of Work protocol a problem for you?
You exclude most cryptocurrencies with it.
My assessment of proof of work is not shared by everyone else. I know that. But I think that the method has too high power consumption and is also not very fair. Because in the meantime very high computing power is needed for mining, which almost no one can afford anymore. Except for professional mining pools. And how decentralized is that then? Proof of stake I think is fairer in that no one fails because of the technical equipment. But there is also the problem here that those who have more coins also have more influence. I don't think that's much different than the current monetary system. Proof of personhood, on the other hand, ensures that each participant's vote carries equal weight. Feel free to look at how IDNA works. Each person can really only operate one account with one crypto identity.

I’d recommend like you said, to do your own research.
I see it that way, too. The opinions of other people can only serve as an impulse to do thorough research yourself.

I also believe that Ethereum has a lot of potential. But I think that the constant postponement of the switch to proof of stake has hurt the cryptocurrency. Or do you know any good reasons why it keeps getting delayed?

I invested in Cardano last year because I was very convinced. Unfortunately, I still bought some coins at an inopportune time. But I am still convinced of ADA and I am confident that the prices will rise again.

My assessment of proof of work is not shared by everyone else. I know that. But I think that the method has too high power consumption and is also not very fair. Because in the meantime very high computing power is needed for mining, which almost no one can afford anymore. Except for professional mining pools. And how decentralized is that then? Proof of stake I think is fairer in that no one fails because of the technical equipment. But there is also the problem here that those who have more coins also have more influence. I don't think that's much different than the current monetary system. Proof of personhood, on the other hand, ensures that each participant's vote carries equal weight. Feel free to look at how IDNA works. Each person can really only operate one account with one crypto identity.

I see it that way, too. The opinions of other people can only serve as an impulse to do thorough research yourself.
I think its new tech and they need to ensure there are no deal breaking issues with security. Better to delay and get it right then release something that will be hacked, etc.

I can understand your point of view. I am also completely with you.
Many people are purely concerned about profit and don't think about energy consumption. The criticism of the high energy consumption of cryptocurrencies is not new. Therefore, it meets the spirit of the times when you look for alternatives.
I see a lot of potential there. It was the same with stocks and ETFs. More and more green and sustainable investments came and are coming. If the demand is there, you serve the demand. I'm curious whether there will also be this demand for cryptocurrencies.

The one tied with technology. ReduX is the solution to IMMEDIATELY A future without CO₂ emissions, fossil fuel consumption. Saving the planet and improving current situation caught my eye. It presented in cryptocurrency by their utility token $REDUX

The one tied with technology. ReduX is the solution to IMMEDIATELY A future without CO₂ emissions, fossil fuel consumption. Saving the planet and improving current situation caught my eye. It presented in cryptocurrency by their utility token $REDUX
If you believe something will pay you 24% a year, you are going to lose your money.

Two for me Cardano and XRP.

In for the lonhaul Both are well known and available on most exchanges

Really? I think crypto can represent a whole lot of great projects!! For example, ReduX tech. It created innovative products to reduce CO2 emissions and using crypto as a way for investment. And I think it's beautiful

I think that Hive is a cryptocurrency that has some value.

Hive forms the basis for what's essentially a forum, blog, writing portfolio, or other place to post writing, art, video, and media, where upvotes = profit.

The fun part is that there is no mining. Instead, upvotes are more akin to mining, so popular people with lots of fans will make lots of money because they'll get a lot of upvote on their content. Imagine if here on Hardforum, each time someone gave you a "Like," you also got a little cash. But only a little.

The "strength" of an upvote is determined by how much you've bought into the system, and although an upvote doesn't deprive you of anything by giving it, if you want to be able to bestow writers or whomever with more money per upvote, you'll have to invest more into the system.

It's decentralized enough that I trust it as far as the code itself goes, but only as much as I trust something where popularity or knowing rich people helps you make money. It's probably better than a lot of the current social media systems that exist, considering there's no need to game the system if you just like posting and talking with people, but on the other hand, I'm sure people do game the system.

To offset this, a person with big money in the system can also downvote, which removes value from posts. So of course corruption exists from both directions, but I'm sure do-gooders try their best to offset corruption. Nonetheless, the system is at least decentralized enough that the inherent concept of it has some lasting value, compared to "yet another fork altcoin." The corruption comes from those who use it, rather than the system itself at least. Raw capitalism at its best and worst, I figure.

Hive is simply the chain itself. The frontend that you'd post or publish content on can vary, and there is no "official" frontend, as is the nature of decentralized projects. I use https://peakd.com but do your own research before you act. Damnation to people who have opinions on things without doing research first, of course. The system is complex, so look it up in further detail if ya want. But I'm no spokesman. I don't get paid enough for that.

I don't know. What i do know is that Ukraine has created it's own crypto, we'll see how it will be developing. People may talk what they want but i think that i will look closely to this coin. But until then i just keep stick to original btc usdt coins and see how can i bring myself profit by trading them. In any case we will how will everything play out

Last edited:
Back