Most stable Vega64 (that will fit in a FT05)?

Jedibeeftrix

Limp Gawd
Just about to send back a Gigabyte Windforce Vega64 because it wasn't stable:
Hard locked with fans going nuts after an hour of Valley benchmark.
Locked after leaving Warhammer2 on the campaign map overnight.

These are not problems my six year old MSI 7970 Lightning Edition card suffers from.
It is notable that the Gigabyte is lighter in weight, and has a 'feeling' of engineered to a price.
The existing three year old hardware of a Fortress05 and Silverstone 750W gold PSU should provide plenty of power/ccoling.
After all it has coped with a 280W card just fine.

I have read a review of the Windforce that discussed similar problems, so I have no interest in getting another one.

The only other AIB vega that will (definately) fit is the Asus - To your knowledge do people consider this card utterly reliable?

Asus and Reliable are never something I use in the same sentence. They made great products, but if you have a problem the nightmare begins. The only way Id ever pay full retail for an Asus GoU is if you live in the EU or you can buy an extended warranty that will handle any replacement in the future so you do not need to RMA to Asus.

Sappire doesn't fit.
In theory it has 2mm clearnance length wise, but you'll need far more than that to actually get it into the space.

Went for Asus in the end.
Has about 15mm clearance.

Sappire doesn't fit.
In theory it has 2mm clearnance length wise, but you'll need far more than that to actually get it into the space.

Went for Asus in the end.
Has about 15mm clearance.

I have the Asus strix 480 and rate it very highly. Extremely quiet, even when overclocked and fan profile.

Back