Most Stable s939 mobo?

Zxcs

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm going to colo a few servers soon but I have been given the option to go with towers instead of rackmounted. Anyways, rather than getting dual opty/xeon rigs to colo, I thought I'd go with dual core amd.

I was wondering what the most stable s939 board is and why? OCing and extra functions etc are not something I will need so I don't mind if the mobo doesn't have any. I basically need a stable mobo that will keep running for months on end without reboots etc. (I have a few dfi nf4 sli-drs lying around but they aren't too stable, so stability is key.)

Thanks

Good question. None of them really strike me as being server worthy stable boards right now honestly.

I've got the chaintech VNF4/Ultra and it's stable enough, but I dont try to leave it on for long periods of time so who knows.

I'd probably see who has the longest warranty and go with that.

stability is relative to many factors, the most is compliancy. although, a diy's ignorance will compound the issues, and stability exhibited. you are going to get many opinions asking such an open ended question. you may very well find that the answers given, and the selection made from such, will not provide the "stability" you expected. since, you have not stated the potential of what the server needs to meet, a good economical, and wise decision cannot even begin to formulate. i advise starting there.

shaihulud said:
stability is relative to many factors, the most is compliancy. although, a diy's ignorance will compound the issues, and stability exhibited. you are going to get many opinions asking such an open ended question. you may very well find that the answers given, and the selection made from such, will not provide the "stability" you expected. since, you have not stated the potential of what the server needs to meet, a good economical, and wise decision cannot even begin to formulate. i advise starting there.
Basically will just be a bunch of webservers/gameservers, I may go dual opteron in the end but was wondering whether dual core 939 would be viable.

Basically will just be a bunch of webservers/gameservers
you are starting to give more information, but nothing pertinent to what you are "expecting" from the servers. it would be better to think about the many factors of what makes a server capable. e.g. you should be more concerned about the WAN, and the hardware governing its performance. from such you can trace a path to the systems, WAN to LAN, and the hardware that will effect such. then other governing hardware that will effect the performance and quality of the business, ethernet interface to executing hardware.

this means, you should be more concerned about other factors. the cpu, should be last on your list, for you have not set an infrastructure, unless you have. but if you did, then your answer should be easily answered by the expected baseline created.

Back