Most played console games

stevedave

Supreme [H]ardness
What console games have you spent the most time on this year?

Looking for some games with length or replay value.

Fire Emblem wii 120+
Persona 3 90+
Soul Nomad 70+

Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness for the PSP. Already played and beat the game on the PS2, but I never delved deep into the other parts of the game. Clocked in over 90 hours to put the beatdown on Baal and the Disgaea 2 folks.

This year I'd say GTA4 & Fallout 3 have taken the cake for me.
I think I ended up with about 80 hours on GTA4 (roughly 85% completion) and I'm up to 60 hours on Fallout 3, but haven't really even touched the main quest. Considering being an evil character changes the game completely - the value on it is pretty extensive.

In years past, guitar hero 2 & 3 and Rock Band.

This year, too busy.

Ninja Gaiden /Black.

Ninja Gaiden roughly 200-400 hours (I can't remember)
Black version roughly 600-800 hours.

And Ninja Gaiden 2, I think I clocked like 150 hours.

I don't think I've played any game more. I know I played Guildwars for 800... but thats not a console game. And its an MMO, and I spend alotof time just standing around and talking.

rock band wins this by a long way for me. Second I suppose would be NCAA 09 since I'm in an online dynasty. GTA 4 I think is in there as well.

Motorstorm 2, i feel like i havent slept since i got this game!

Rockband / Rockband2 with online / friends.
If you include handhelds, I typically play Phoenix Wright or Castlevania once a night before bed, just for the little humor value. Still gets more play time than my PS3 though.

800 hours!

Where do you guys get all this time to play?? I'm guessing single and no kids as that saps away gaming time :(

Yeah...800 hours on anything is a bit wild! For the Ninja Gaiden games, I've played through 'em a few times each (3 times for Black/Sigma, twice for NG2) but I doubt I've put in 150 hours total.

800 hours!

Where do you guys get all this time to play?? I'm guessing single and no kids as that saps away gaming time :(

Yea... I'm single and definitely don't have kids. I was just a full time student.

Yeah...800 hours on anything is a bit wild! For the Ninja Gaiden games, I've played through 'em a few times each (3 times for Black/Sigma, twice for NG2) but I doubt I've put in 150 hours total.

I've played it to death pretty much. But I had lots of time to spare then. Not so much now.

I say 800, because thats what I remember that was clocked in the timer of the game. I've left the game on sometimes in the main menu which is included, and stallingin menus some times too. Though probably not long enough to really subtract more than 20 hours off of it. So it's still a significant amount of time.

I don't know how much time I've spent playing GTA IV, but its gotta be over 300 hours easily. I've spent 49 on Fallout 3 and probably around 30 on Fable 2.

The most I have ever spent on any game is probably Gran Turismo3 with probably over 100hrs estimated. Anything else I have played with be less than 25hrs due to me only playing the single player and not replaying the game or multiplayer. There are some games I absolutely love but I simply cannot replay a game over and over and over and over again. I get bored easily.

Edit- Also, if I know the game will be long say typically anything over 20hrs, I skip it. I may be single with no kids, but working full time and going to school full time and drinking, I just can't dedicate hours to massive RPG's :D

Never thought I would see people spending so much time on FPS and Racing games that is crazy. I can only play a racing game for a few hours max unless it's like mario kart.

Fable 2 looks sweet but I'm waiting for the upgraded PC version that we all know is coming

I have Fallout3 for PC

Completely Burned out on GTA 3 and vice killed it for me.

I'm not huge on replaying a game I usually like to play through it once and get everything the first try, how long does it take to finish Ninja G. Also how hard are they the NES versions rocked my ass.

Ninja Gaiden Black or Sigma can be completed in roughly 15 hours...but that's assuming you pick up the game dynamics pretty quickly. I think 24-30's probably more realistic.
Think of it as a cross between God of War and something like Tekken. It has a lot of action adventure elements, but a pretty heavy reliance on fighting game timing and technique. Ever play Devil May Cry? It's similar, but more technical.
How hard is it? I'd say it's definitely one of the harder games out there. It's not quite Mega Man 9, but it's certainly harder than 95% of the games around.

Actually thinking about it I probably played fifa'08 for about an hour most nights from launch till when I swapped in for '09, so looking at at least mid 300 hrs if not more.....

fifa'09 will be the same.....

Shit :eek:

COD4 - Lots of multiplayer/LAN fun
Rockband 1 & 2
Fallout 3 (actually played it on PC though)

Edit- Also, if I know the game will be long say typically anything over 20hrs, I skip it. I may be single with no kids, but working full time and going to school full time and drinking, I just can't dedicate hours to massive RPG's :D

Cut off drinking, its better for your health! Replace it with gaming... which naturally evens it out a bit.:rolleyes:

And ninja gaiden, yea, its hard, and its a huge action game with lots of fighting. The fighting makes it really fun (for me) and that makes me replay it. I think most people beat NG/B in about 20 hours really. My first go was 17, though I missed a couple of things here and there.

I've probably spent 200-300 hours playing Rock Band/Rock Band 2 this year. IMO there is no other game out there that you can just sink time into and continue having as much fun as you did at the beginning.

After that, probably COD4 and Fight Night 3.

Lol you think 800hrs is something, I have spent over 6500hrs in the past 3 years on WC3 online. The last two years seeing most of that 6500+hrs because I haven't been busy. But for console I think Gears 2 will have some crazy replay value. Horde mode FTW.

I lan and maul with Warcraft 3 alot. As soon as consoles have standard keyboard and house they will be getting in on the warcraft 4 maybe.

One thing about games like WC3 or anything where you can play against other players is that there's essentially endless possibility and replay value. Those are a little different than say, Ninja Gaiden where you're just going through the same quest/levels again and again.
If you really want to talk game hours - I've probably put in the equivalent of 6 months of gamplay into Street Fighter 2 over the last 17 years.

I have plenty of Online/multiplayer games hell I have been playing bomberman for the saturn for like 10 years now and we still which out 8 player battle every now and then. But for me nothing beats playing a game all alone with no one bothering you, but that could be because I have always been surrounded by people.

I spent a good 60+ hours of FF6. A good portion of it was from killing those T-Rexes in the forest trying to get the brontosaurus.

edit - whoops, just saw that you said this year :p

Just got my xbox 360 recently. The console game I have played the most so far this year is Fable 2.

Man thats crazy, I don't think I could spend more than 30hrs playing a game.

At the begining of the year I probably have 20hr into NFS:Most Wanted Black Edition since I played it through a couple times

Now playing Beyond Good and Evil with about 11hrs and about to go to go to the moon as soon as I pick up a couple more pearls.

EDIT: Finished BG&E today at around 12hrs, good game for $5.99 :)

Also about 6-7hrs each in God of War: Chains of Olyumpus (about 75% done), and Daxter (at the final boss in daxter)

I just don't have the time I'd like to play games :(

Forza 2, Puzzle Quest (PSP), GTA4, Uncharted. Played those the most this year. By the end of the year Gears 2 might bump Uncharted though.

I posted CoD4 earlier and looked at my time spent on multiplayer and it was 11 days and 6 hours so about 270 hours for CoD4 and I dont think that includes single player time:D

Back