Most Netflix Customers Would Be Willing To Pay More

Even when I go months on end without watching anything, I stay subscribed. I am an easy and loyal creature, perhaps to a fault. But I do want them to step up the genre content. netflix is too gun shy about special effect laden shows for my taste. If the effing CW can get decent effects for the flash on that nothing of a channel, then netflix can branch out beyond a bunch of mundane powered characters like daredevil and jessica jones and luke cage. Iron Fist might be a BIT more visually interesting with the mystical powers but come the eff on.

Netflix is the ONLY provider aside from amazon that streams shows in 4k. We NEED more of the spectacle laden shows to be shown through them. I wish netflix did the expanse, then we'd have 4k streams of the expanse. And Dark Matter, and Killjoys, and the Magicians. I want 4k streams of the new star trek. But because netflix favors more mundane house of cards type shows, or drug cartel shows (well made but PERFECTLY mundane and real world), or a NO fantasy version of game of thrones in marco polo... we don't get as much visual panache that could be more enhanced by their delivery format.

I mean honestly people. Would you prefer to see an episode of house of cards in full 4k, or a television series with a scene like THIS from guardians of the galaxy?

960.jpg

I want more television series to have visuals like that, and we need more GENRE content to get there, more sci fi, more comic stuff (less MUNDANE comic stuff), more fantasy. LOOK at that image above, it's effing beautiful, the colors, the wonderment, THIS is the kind of thing you want to be given the full array of enhancements from 4k, HDR, high frame rate video options (I want it others don't so a toggle is ideal). But so far, the shows are just so... regular. I want more from netflix.

I think they're just about right for TV. The FX on Flash are OK, but that's not why i watch the show. I'll take Bloodlines, Daredevil, and countless other serialized shows, as well as Kimmy Schmidt and Grace and Frankie. As good as the FX are in GoT, they're kinda beside the point.

For a movie like Guardians of the Galaxy, I'd rather watch it in theaters, but for home viewing, I'd pick up a BD (or, if it's available, 4k BD). I'm not against an FX show, but it's probably not the most efficient way to spend their money. Different strokes.

I think they're just about right for TV. The FX on Flash are OK, but that's not why i watch the show. I'll take Bloodlines, Daredevil, and countless other serialized shows, as well as Kimmy Schmidt and Grace and Frankie. As good as the FX are in GoT, they're kinda beside the point.

For a movie like Guardians of the Galaxy, I'd rather watch it in theaters, but for home viewing, I'd pick up a BD (or, if it's available, 4k BD). I'm not against an FX show, but it's probably not the most efficient way to spend their money. Different strokes.

I'm not against FX as a network and their choices, but like all networks their delivery for streaming will be constrained.

Legion is an X-universe based show

Looks super interesting. And will of course not be shown with the same visual clarity as it would be if it was a netflix show. If all these other networks allowed higher quality streaming I'm be less annoyed, but the broadcasts are atrocious quality over cable/sat. over the air looks decent, but it's still just 720p in a world with 4k tvs. It's a joke.

I would pay HBO fee's if Netflix content continues to grow to the point that they are virtually a one-stop-shop for all TV viewing needs. They are getting close, they almost have a new series coming out every month that I like.

Pay more, only if they give us unlimited access to all the movies and tv shows in the world, enough of not being able to watch shows that we want to watch, like the good old days, renting movies from a store. Too many laws, just have a library of everything 1960-present day. A one stop shop. That's what people want, not renting movies from apple store or other stores that charges $7 per movie to rent, ridiculous, $15/mth for unlimited access to unlimited movies ;) than im in.

I dropped them years ago when the price went up and the amount of content when down.
Don't really care about original shows, as that just screams monopoly since it's only available in one place.
So you would consider HBO a monopoly on Game of Thrones or any of their other dozens of original series?

Both Netflix and HBO original series also eventually get Bluray releases, so you could get it from other places, if you are really patient.

I'm not against FX as a network and their choices, but like all networks their delivery for streaming will be constrained.

Legion is an X-universe based show

Looks super interesting. And will of course not be shown with the same visual clarity as it would be if it was a netflix show. If all these other networks allowed higher quality streaming I'm be less annoyed, but the broadcasts are atrocious quality over cable/sat. over the air looks decent, but it's still just 720p in a world with 4k tvs. It's a joke.

FX=effects (as in special effects)

Back