Most Hated Bloatware

If you have a dedicated graphics machine, you probably have dedicated calibration hardware as well, and don't need the Adobe gamma thing. When I installed the software for our MonacoOPTIX thing at my last job, it specifically told me that it was disabling the Adobe thing, since it'd fuck things up. :p
Yeah I was thinking of Monaco, my mom has one of those things and I installed it for her. So yeah I guess once again the Adobe gamma loader is useless :p

Yeah I was thinking of Monaco, my mom has one of those things and I installed it for her. So yeah I guess once again the Adobe gamma loader is useless :p
They're totally worth the money. If you spend more than a hundred pounds or two on your display, not!getting hardware calibration basically means you're wasting your money. It just makes everything so much better. I can't believe I ever manually calibrated a display.

I'm just offering a tip here, so don't chew me a new one, but the [H]ardForum rules specifically prohibit discussion about ad blocking in any possible manner. Most people will say that's got nothing to do with that admission above, but since one of the primary advertisers at [H]ardOCP and the [H]ardForum is Newegg and Newegg uses Flash-based banner ads... well... I hope you can see where this might lead.

I'm taking it to extremes, but I'm just making folks aware of the possible consequences of such a seemingly simple admission taken for granted. It could come back to bite you in the ass, unfortunately.

Just my $.02...

Thx for pointing this out. My bad.

However i dont specifically block ads, i just disable flash in general, there seems to be something that causes certain flash apps to crash out firefox on my systems.

This just in... I had ordered tickets to an event through ticketweb.com. The tickets are emailed to you in adobe .pdf format. The file was 84kb. I opened it just to view it. I left the computer on all night long and I came back to see in taskmanager, acrobat was taking up 24 megs of space, and then alongside come two adobe cleanup exe's at around 1-2mb each :D Fucking awesome.

I like Syamntec Anti-Virus Corporate, the Norton AV is awful. NOD32 is pretty good too.

norton...unfortunately i use it

norton>realplayer (at least it loads quickly), quicktime (also loads quickly),

Back when I used to own PCs and work on them more often, here was my list:

AOL
Any professional anti-virus software
Any commercial spyware product
Anything Dell
SonicNow!
Weatherbug

I think it's hilarious that everyone here is posting up "Quicktime", even though it doesn't do jack squat on your PC. You install it with iTunes, and it doesn't pop up at you, nor does it take over any other apps such as WMP. Just a bunch of Apple haters! :D j/k

Back when I used to own PCs and work on them more often, here was my list:
Very true
Any professional anti-virus software
Not true, Nod32 is very light and very fast ;)
Any commercial spyware product
I love my Ewido and Spybot
Anything Dell
SonicNow!
Weatherbug
Tis true, once again
I think it's hilarious that everyone here is posting up "Quicktime", even though it doesn't do jack squat on your PC. You install it with iTunes, and it doesn't pop up at you, nor does it take over any other apps such as WMP. Just a bunch of Apple haters! :D j/k
So like when you first set it up, it asks which file it wants to be the default player? I guess it is better than others in which try to take ever video/audtio file over. :rolleyes: :(

Back