• Druid

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Rogue

Votes: 23 22.1%
  • Hunter

Votes: 19 18.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Since I'm a priest and played most all classes, there is something about priest that I love and makes it so much fun to play at the moment. This is my first "caster" class since UO days. Shadow Priest rule!

I've only played a Mage, Hunter and a Rogue for any significant amount of time, and I'd say Rogue is my favourite.

Played a hunter and warrior so far. Warrior is a lot better. I had fun ganking a lvl 31 undead mage last night.

15 warrior, lvl 9 warrion, lvl 6 pally took on a lvl 31 undead mage. He was sitting in the horde graveyard in Dun Morgh (Think that's how you spell it, whichever cont. is the one with Ironforge in it) It was funny to see him run :D

Rogue for me. Nothing is more fun than ambushing cloth armored classes for 1000+ damage, and finishing it with a CB eviscerate after a few backstabs :D

I have to go with Hunter. I've extensively played Hunter, Shaman, Mage, Druid, Warrior, Rogue, and Warlock. I like them all in their way, but the Mage just dies too quickly and I get tired of having to drink. My top 3 would have to be Hunter, Shaman, Warlock.

I play as a hunter on Shattered hand. Id have to say its a pretty fun class for pvp because its very easy to stalk people and attack them when they are not looking. Way to easy to own numerous classes in pvp as a hunter if you can get the upper hand (which soud'nt be that hard).

On the other hand we have the rogue class. There is like no other class that can gank people with such ease that you would think they are gawds. When Battle Grounds comes out along with the Honor system be sure to expect to see rogue class players on top of the ranking lists.

And best believe your going to want some kind of anit-rogue player to watch your back when those two new contents get implemented into the game in hopefully a few months.

D1sc1pl3 0f Mal1c3 said:
Rogue for me. Nothing is more fun than ambushing cloth armored classes for 1000+ damage, and finishing it with a CB eviscerate after a few backstabs :D

Mage for me. Nothing is more fun then getting ambushed for 1000+ dmg and then never being touched again. I love throwing in lvl 1 fireballs between my frostbolts, fireblasts and cones of colt. They think they can vanish.... BUT THEY CANT!!!!

I love it when they pop Coldblood and die with 5 combo points still up.

Mage > *

Also it is one of the most desirable classes for high level instances, right after priests and non feral druids.

Hmmm....gonna have to throw my vote in for the Shaman, with the Warlock coming a close second.

i vote rogue, you have solid fighting skills, poisons, lock picking, pick pocketing, stealthing past mobs, etc.. fun stuff

Shadow priest for the win. Kite rogues all day long. And I'm sorry but mage + silence = dead mage. You just can't compete with the shear damage power of a shadowpriest.

QHalo said:
Shadow priest for the win. Kite rogues all day long. And I'm sorry but mage + silence = dead mage. You just can't compete with the shear damage power of a shadowpriest.

True that

you can kite me, but all I have to do is wait for fear to wear off, sprint, gouge, and unload. Vanish would be useless, as I will have doubtlessly been Pain'd, but if you aren't dead by now a well timed Preparation will save my ass :D

Gotta go with hunter after trying a few classes on for size. Pet isn't nearly as versitle as the warlocks but they can tank, chase and distract to keep you at range while dishing out the hurt. Can't count the number of alliance my pet has chased down and finished off. I can almost hear them 'oh $%!&ing' while running away and the concusion shot lands. Ahhh goodtimes.

Oh and hunter's mark > Rogues

If a Hunter puts a mark on me when I'm a Rogue and I'll simply ignore their pet, sprint in and shred them to pieces in under 10 seconds.

D1sc1pl3 0f Mal1c3 said:
you can kite me, but all I have to do is wait for fear to wear off, sprint, gouge, and unload. Vanish would be useless, as I will have doubtlessly been Pain'd, but if you aren't dead by now a well timed Preparation will save my ass :D
please...

Try fear'ing my undead rogue, you won't get very far. ;) With mind numbing poison as well, it makes alot more difficult for casters to pull off their spells than most people think. Although obviously Shadow Priests = :eek: Everyone wants a priest to heal, so they're not much good other than for PvP. As for hunters, 1. You'd have to find us and be able to see us to cast Hunter's mark first, and 2. I always personally ignore the pet and just tear the hunter to pieces. Not that Hunter's aren't good, I have a decent hunter and I enjoy playing him, but I just find the rogue much more fun.

Just about everyone that plays a priest goes shadow, it's a shame too because they are going to miss the epic stuff in the high end content because their heals and mana pool just can't compete. I've played both sides, and they just can't hang. That's too bad because I'm guessing a lot of servers are missing good healing priests.

I love these people that think it is so easy to get in close on the hunter and shred them. I just use wingclip, then run away turn on aspect of chetah, run to max range, aspect of hawk, concussion shot, and repeat.

I ruined a Paladin 3 levels higher and then he used lay on hands. Honestly Paladins ... if your going to use lay on hands there isn't much point in PvPing against you.

Lay on hands = 2nd life = I am teh suck.

Paladins make me laugh... so many of them don't know their own class at 50+.

I wander through the Western Plaguelands and almost every single paladin is diseased. If I fight a paladin and judge a seal on him, they don't remove it. Nearly every negative effect one can cast on another person can be removed by a paladin. (cept those damn curses)

At 48, I took on a 57 paladin using some purple hammer, I was using some green sword of stamina I found in the AH that was 1.6 or 1.7 speed. At the end of the fight, I had lost, but I had him down to 25% life and no mana. It was a really cool fight, but it made me realize how strange retribution paladins are. Yeah, I'm going to stand in concecrated land and just let you damage me... I'm also going to let you judge me with crusader as you use seal of command. Pfft. Cleanse.

I decimated an undead shadow priest 1 level beneath me. I was walking to Darnasus when I got feared. I engaged the shadow priest and saw that out of my 3600 mana, I only had 1,800 left. Turned on shadow protection and cleansed anything he cast on me. Judged him with crusader and was hitting with my truesilver champion for:
130 base
95 holy (seems like a 75-80% proc rate)
and 40 fire every 2-3 hits.

Everytime the shadow priest would fear me, I would either resist, or it'd only last for 2-3 seconds.

He brought out his mechanical dragon, drank potions. I used my wonderful critical heals :) In the end, he ran away when he was out of mana, so I wacked him with Linken's Boomerang and holy shocked him for 500 ending the fight. His buddy saw me drop his priest and came to engage. I judged seal of wisdom on him and attacked til I had enough mana for another critical heal, protectioned myself, healed to full in one heal (Yay for 2400 hp heals.) and he ran off.

I'm now 52 with an unbuffed mana pool of 4400 and 3000 hp. AC is ~6000 with a shield.

Solo is very slow though.

I started a hunter and rogue as well. Both are very fast, but adds are a problem. I can kill 3-4 things in the time it takes to kill 1 as my paladin. However, my paladin can fight those 3-4 things at the same time and walk away three hours later. My rogue would just die or run away after the second add.

shaman windfury :D I've beat the shit out of palladins, warlocks, hunters, warriors, mages, and priests with it. Being able to purge is great and with elemental fury I'm dealing ~800 damage from my shocks. Frost shock and earth shock useful, I don't like flameshocks dot though. I often solo without water and use my mana for healing and pulling only, but I'm descent at meleeing so it's ok :). If I used all my shocks and lightnings I'd have to drink after every mob. My shaman is concentrated on stamina agil and strength, works great for short term pvp.

Ok first about the fun. It depends on how you want to play the game.
Hunter is fun because you're basically playing 2 characters at once. A lot of hunters suck because they can't get it right but if you can, it's really fun.
Druid is fun because you have a choice of being a healer, tank, or DPS dealer...but it's not too fun until you get all of your shapeshifting abilities.
Shaman can be fun too but it's also tough because of the amount of options you have. My cousin rarely drops totems with his Shaman in groups because he's busy healing. Depends on what your role is.
The rest of the classes are a little less versatile but if your playstyle fits their roles...they can be the most fun for you.

Now I just wanted to comment about some of the things said. As much as I complain about the bugs not being fixed for my hunter it's still my favorite class to play.

Hunters are the anti-rogue. Hunters can also one-shot cloth wearers if they spec in marksmanship talents (I've seen pics of aimed shot critting for over 2500).

Ok so first of all there're traps. Lay down a freezing trap, stand on it, and anything that comes close is stuck (no action at all) for 15 seconds or until they get hit. Plenty of time to get into maximum range, Hunter's mark, and Aimed shot.
Hunter's mark will prevent a rogue from going stealth.
Flare will expose any stealthed rogues in the area of effect.
Track Hidden isn't great but when a rogue gets close enough, you'll be able to see them. If you're quick enough you can drop a trap or scattershot them.
Then there's feign death. It'll cancel a rogues combo points and make them un-target you.
If a rogue gets the jump on me, the first thing I try is feign death. Then you can lay a trap or scattershot when you get up to put some distance between you.
Another great tool is Viper sting which drains mana over time. Very useful against any mana using class.

If you're a hunter, just remember that traps are your friend in PVP...use them as much as possible :).

I have the most fun with my druid. I haven't figured how to really be all that effective at pvp with him yet, but for the 90% of the time I'm not pvping, I have a blast shapeshifting, healing, and nuking. I'm probably going to reroll my talents once I hit 40, so for now it's all about experimenting.

My Warlock is only 22, but I'm liking him a lot more than the warrior I played in beta.

As someone else said, you're basically playing two characters at once when you have a pet up. I tell the pet who to attack, what spells to use, etc.

I'd say Warlocks are really strong if you like to solo, which I'm doing so far in this game. The Voidwalker pet is like having your own tank to duo with, and using a combo of life tap and drain health I can solo very efficiently. I start off by laying 3 dots on the target (two of them instant), then send the pet in, which takes aggro immediately with it's first taunt. I then life tap to refill mana, and start draining the target's health, which serves to do damage (basically a 4th DoT) and refill my health, giving me more health to convert to mana.

This is basically my solo strategy, and I can kill any reasonable solo mob with it. Depending on the situation, I either fear adds, or have my pet tank both while I try to quickly finish one off. The pet gets a full heal ability for a small amount of mana that further reduces down time.

I really can't imagine a more efficient soloer than this. At lvl 22, I have drank maybe a half dozen times total, all in special circumstances. My downtime is literally close to zero. The DoT's usually do their damage in 15-20 seconds, which I think is a reasonable amount of time for a fight (the mob is almost always dead by the time the DoT's wear off).

PvP should be interesting, but I almost always tend to play my chars differently than the classes are traditionally played, so...

QHalo said:

Bet that fear works real well when they have the anti-fear trinket, bet a shadow priest is real good at kiting the rogue when he's stunlocked or imp kick/silenced. lol gg shadowpriest you are gods.....

Oh and don't get me wrong they are great but they are also defeatable.
Also I agree with whoever said good healing preists are lacking, SS priests just can't compare in healing in the high lvl game.

auxout said:
Bet that fear works real well when they have the anti-fear trinket, bet a shadow priest is real good at kiting the rogue when he's stunlocked or imp kick/silenced. lol gg shadowpriest you are gods.....
I don't recall ever stating they were PVP gods. Wow, you can stunlock a cloth class. My hats of to you. My comment was about mages not rogues. Reading is fundamental bud.

I really enjoy my hunter. The only class I have trouble with are rogues. I hate them!!!! :mad:

Love my Pally, non stop action...

Hate friggin whiners about LoH in PvP...

would be like me telling them, don't use your pets, long range weapons/spells, invis, dual wield, root, etc... (all the things a Pally can't do). Use my one class specific power and I'm "cheating".

Dying to try out a Rogue next...

XBLiNKX said:
I really enjoy my hunter. The only class I have trouble with are rogues. I hate them!!!! :mad:

My only trouble is if they see me first. If you know you're going to be standing in a spot for a bit drop a freeze trap and stand on it, when the rogue appears he'll be snared , move away, mark, feign death and retrap. Once his advantage/combo points are gone he's basiclly a dual wielding warrior in leather, easy picking.

Rogues kill me more than anyone else but I don't hate em or think they're cheap, I love grouping with them and watching them do their thing. Last weekend I found myself in 3 groups that were made up of me and 4 rogues, I ended up the tracking bitch ;-P. That sound that their stun makes when they ambush is bittersweet.

AARGH! said:
Love my Pally, non stop action...

Hate friggin whiners about LoH in PvP...

would be like me telling them, don't use your pets, long range weapons/spells, invis, dual wield, root, etc... (all the things a Pally can't do). Use my one class specific power and I'm "cheating".

Dying to try out a Rogue next...

Lay on hands is pathetic.

Healing is ok ... but when you use lay on hands you get full health back. If any other class had the ability to get all their health back ... Paladins would be saying the same thing. Lay on hands has no cast time so there is no way to stun it. It is unfair and sad to use it in PvP.

bonkrowave said:

Healing is ok ... but when you use lay on hands you get full health back. If any other class had the ability to get all their health back ... Paladins would be saying the same thing. Lay on hands has no cast time so there is no way to stun it. It is unfair and sad to use it in PvP.

Druids with restoration spec can do one insta-heal.
Natures Swiftness Talent (3 min cooldown) and a high lvl heal = druid (or someone else) @ full health instantly

bonkrowave said:

I gave up on any PvP activity usint my Paladin. Any time I would do a heal of any sort I would get cursed at, called a cheater, spit on, etc.... Everyone wants a Paladin to do PvP as a warrior, which they aren't.

I still do limited PvP and I often do win with no heal, but I am so sick of folks that do not understand the balance of the game. These same idiots turn me to sheep, fear me, curse me, freeze me, run around casting all manner of stuff from a distance... but the second I do anything more then whack them with something I am a cheater.

Yeah, let me fight with one hand behind my back and you go ahead and do whatever you please... Ugh.

I even used blessing of might on a dueling opponent one time (to give him an edge) and when I used a regular heal he chased me around cursing until I put him on ignore.

B

Pallys (& warriors) are VERY gear and spec dependant. pvp pallys with top of the line gear and properly specced simply own in pvp. we are talking 4-5 Seal of Commands per fight, with 2-3 of them being crits, doing 700 a piece. Regular hits doing 200-300 a whack. Thats serious damage. This was repeatable, not just a freak.

All of the classes have advantages and disadvantages, but IMHO, the skill of the player, the quality of the gear, and the talent trees MORE than make up for any inherent class limitations. I used to think druids sucked at pvp, till I got better and did a restorance re-specc. I do pretty well now.

QHalo said:
I don't recall ever stating they were PVP gods. Wow, you can stunlock a cloth class. My hats of to you. My comment was about mages not rogues. Reading is fundamental bud.

Right what was I thinking "Kite rogues all day long." is obviously refering to mages. I made a comment about that, reading works both ways bud. Um and what in the hell does the armor class have to do with stunlock? I'm sorry you can't take some sarcasm, and consider the post to be personally directed at and only addressed to you. But I was merely using some exageration, not implying you said they were gods, next time I won't break the eggshells.

I can pwn a Paladin if he does not use lay on hands. If he uses it, I will usually get beaten. Often I run into the situation where I fight a Paladin and he uses Lay on hands and I lose, so knowing there is a long cooldown on that spell ... I ask to fight again ... and the Paladin wont fight me again ... because lay on hands is not ready.

So is it fair for me to wait until the Paladins Lay on hands is done its cooldown, so he can use it in battle, or is it fair to just use heals ? Either way ... the Paladin wining hinges on the one skill.

Paladins are just really tough to kill. When we're in group PvP we just ignore them and attack them last because they can't dish out as much damage as the other classes and they take sooo long to kill.

As a hunter, I hate fighting against rogues the most with warriors coming in second.

Last night we were in some pvp (I'm lvl 50 with about 2500 hitpoints) and this lvl 60 rogue killed me so many times...most of them in literally under 1 second. My guildmate knows the rogue and said he had some special crit daggers. Everytime he got the jump on me I'd be dead before the stun wore off. The worst was when I'd ice trap him and someone else would break the trap and he'd still kill me :). He'd always get me when I was chasing someone else down. Oh well...10 more lvls to go.

bonkrowave said:
I love these people that think it is so easy to get in close on the hunter and shred them. I just use wingclip, then run away turn on aspect of chetah, run to max range, aspect of hawk, concussion shot, and repeat.

I ruined a Paladin 3 levels higher and then he used lay on hands. Honestly Paladins ... if your going to use lay on hands there isn't much point in PvPing against you.

Lay on hands = 2nd life = I am teh suck.

Lay on Hands IS annoying but as a frost mage I find hunters pretty easy. Just get in their zone of no attacks and the only thing you have to worry about is scatter shot and improved wingclip. AM them to death throwing the occasional fireblast and CoC in whenever you have the cooldown. Oh and, you start the battle by polying the pet.

Ok, I will confirm that I got the post confused and now I look like a moron on the reading is fundamental part. But now to turn the table a bit.

auxout said:
Doesn't seem like sarcasm to me. Sounds more like you're trying to prove yourself. Never met anyone who's sarcastic when his 'ego' is in check.

auxout said:
Also I agree with whoever said good healing preists are lacking, SS priests just can't compare in healing in the high lvl game.
QHalo said:
Just about everyone that plays a priest goes shadow, it's a shame too because they are going to miss the epic stuff in the high end content because their heals and mana pool just can't compete. I've played both sides, and they just can't hang. That's too bad because I'm guessing a lot of servers are missing good healing priests.
Yeah the person that said this was me.

auxout said:
I'm sorry you can't take some sarcasm, and consider the post to be personally directed at and only addressed to you. But I was merely using some exageration, not implying you said they were gods, next time I won't break the eggshells.
Was the post with a quote from ME and referring to a comment I made not addressed at ME? You're fucking kidding me right?

auxout said:
Um and what in the hell does the armor class have to do with stunlock?
Stunlock is such fucking bullshit. Armor class aside for a second, stunlock unevens the playing ground because you can't defend against it especially if you don't know it's coming. I, as a cloth class player, see rogues use this on the cloth classes more so than any other class. Anyone on this forum that's a rogue ganks cloth classes first. If they don't they're lying through their teeth. So again, my hats off to people that can stunlock the cloth class when they typically have 900~2000 armor with Inner Fire up and like 2500 HP. Wow you really showed your power on me.

:)

Back