Most enjoyable PC game out right now?

I had taken several months off from it, but I'm revisiting Fallout 3 with a TON of mods ranging from Fellout, Fook, enchanced weather, Darnified UI, Mars Mutant, sprint key, grenade hotkey, and a few others and it's really like a brand new game almost. It's basically Fallout 3.5 and I'm wondering how I ever played the game before these mods because they're that good.

MW2, Batman AA, Borderlands, Call of Juarez Bound in Blood, and Day of Defeat I all have enjoyed.

Of the recent releases, I have been alternating between Dragon Age and Borderlands. They are both very enjoyable to me. I play Dragon Age when I want something slower and thoughtful and I play Borderlands when I want to see someone's head explode.

MW2 is pretty fun. It's nice to begin playing a game like that at its inception, so that you begin working on your skills particular to that game from the get-go. While it is similar to MW, I believe it has many substantial improvements and the gameplay is quite a bit more enjoyable, thusfar. Dragon Age is a wonderful RPG, if you like the fantasy genre. I haven't checked out many of the independent releases but should probably do so.

Dawn of War, Dragon Age: Origins (game of addiction at the moment, bloody good story and action going on), Fall Out 3 (have not played that one much, but it's pretty good).

Single Player: Dragon Age & Batman: AA
Multiplayer: L4D2, MW2, and Borderlands.

Okay I feel all dirty for this one but I'm liking Modern Warfare 2, the lack of a dedicated Server pisses me off but it's still fun. After that Dragon Age Origins and Champions online :) oh yeah Torchlight to, best bargain of the year.

Last edited:
Dagon age origins, it's nice to play an actual PC game on my PC for once, it trumps all other games for simply getting multiplatform right, the game could be shit and it would still be better than most recent games.

In fact I love this game so much I played it for 10 hours the first and second sitting, only to realise I cant actually put the game down once I start, I have to physically run out of energy before I'll stop, hence why I put off playing until the 2nd weekend and clocked in another 10 hour session and a 8 hour session. I stop myself from playing during the week I just know it'll be a good 4am before I finish then i'll be fucked for work :/

Weekend soon!!

Get in another 20 hours :D

Torchlight is the only 2009 release that I had fun playing. I finished Mass Effect over the summer and can't wait for ME2, early next year.

Games I'll play:

Modern Warfare 2
Borderlands
Dragon Age (maybe)
Risen (maybe)

For some reason I just could not get into Borderlands like everyone else, just too mindless =/. I have been thoroughly enjoying Dragon Age: Origins, Torchlight, and I haven't been able to stop playing Company of Heroes (one of my favorite game of all time).

I feel compelled to say that even after 2 years of playing TF2, it is still by far my game of choice. It is just so much fun!

That being said, the 2 people I used to play TF2 with all the time, my brother and a friend of mine, both became bored with the game long ago, after about 100 to 150 hours of gameplay. I, however, got into the competitive aspect of the gaming community, while they always just played on public servers.

For some reason I just could not get into Borderlands like everyone else, just too mindless =/. I have been thoroughly enjoying Dragon Age: Origins, Torchlight, and I haven't been able to stop playing Company of Heroes (one of my favorite game of all time).

I got bored when I played it singleplayer, but when I play online with a few good friends the game is a blast.

Dragon Age, Batman, Torchlight and of course TF2 are my picks.

I been playing Rappelz and Dragon Age the most. Wolfenstein was fun for a few mindless minutes. Batman AA feels like Dead Space in Gotham, but fun so far.

I was really enjoying Borderlands, I was level 25 and things were going great. Then Dragon Age came out and I have not been able to put it down. I dont think DA is the best game ever, but its the most fun I've had in a long time. I might also get L4D2 this weekend though so well see how that fits in.

Borderlands and Dragon Age here as well. (as far as the new games I'm playing) I've always got between 5 and 10 old games going at any given time though that I chip away at a little at a time.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. :D

LetFlameBegin.jpg

I'm liking Borderlands and Left 4 Dead 2. I have Modern Warfare 2, but I haven't played it yet. I've never been a fan of Call of Duty, and I really didn't enjoy MW1 at all. I don't have great hopes for MW2.

Last edited:
DA:O, L4D2, TF2, Mass Effect, Borderlands, Torchlight... think that's all I've got installed right now. Need to finish Mass Effect before ME2 is released next year. Am considering reinstalling Oblivion due to DA:O, oh and BF2 is being reconsidered as well.

Borderlands is damn fun coop, no matter how repetitive it is. Borderlands might be the best money spent this year on a FPS.

Torchlight is pretty much all I play with the occasional COD:MW and COD:W@W when I crave a FPS which only lasts a few minutes before I remember why I don't play those anymore.

I also have Borderlands installed but I was bored by the time I hit level 10. I keep trying to go back but after one quest I usually turn it off before I even bother to turn it in.

Borderlands, although I haven't really had time to play anything else lately. I'll probably start on Mass Effect once I've finished my second playthrough.

Back