Most Efficient Full or Mid Tower Case for Air Cooling?

uzor

Supreme [H]ardness
Search didn't do much for me as "best cooling" returns about 10,000 threads in here. Basically I'm looking for suggestions on what the best full tower and mid tower cases are for air cooling. Pure thermal efficiency. For what I want, looks and silence are secondary. Given that, if possible, I'd choose a silver colored case without a door.

Ady ideas?

What mid and full cases out there cool the best on air?

BTW, I might go to water someday, but right now, let's just talk about air cooling.

Thanks!!

CM Stacker (which has 3 variants) is a full tower with an entirely mesh front with room for 3 120mm intake fans. The STC01 gives you PSU mounting options (top or bottom), while the 810 has two 120mm exhausts. The 830 (the new one) is a bit smaller but has a fan mounting frame for the side panel for a ridiculous number of fans - something like 7 fans :eek:.

A lot of people like the Antec P180 too. It's got two intakes and two exhausts, and the case is chambered into 'thermal regions' which keeps the power supply seperate from the rest of the case.

is the STC01 even available anywhere anymore? how big a difference is there between it and the 810? As far as the p180 goes, I can't stand doors, and from what I can tell, the p150/p160/solo don't have the same cooling capability as the p180.

uzor said:
is the STC01 even available anywhere anymore? how big a difference is there between it and the 810?
Performance-Pcs.com sells all of them. The 810 is identical in every way except there are two 120mm exhausts in the back instead of one exhaust and a second PSU mounting hole.

I like the Masstige...

It allows you to run in BTX, has a seperate compartment for the PSU and has all the front grill space of the Stacker, in a smaller form factor...

Hell of a lot cheaper too.

Why should I help you?

Nobody answers my questions when I start a thread. :MAD: Like where can I find a Lian Li 1200-b for around the £100 mark in the UK. I asked that 4 days ago, I think I was the only viewer of that thread.

anyone have any experience with the Mozart TX? Looks really interesting assuming it fits under my desk. :eek:

My overall system temps went down by 7C when I switched to a Lian-Li V1200. All aluminum construction, mesh front, compartmentalized areas, etc...

uzor said:
Search didn't do much for me as "best cooling" returns about 10,000 threads in here. Basically I'm looking for suggestions on what the best full tower and mid tower cases are for air cooling. Pure thermal efficiency. For what I want, looks and silence are secondary. Given that, if possible, I'd choose a silver colored case without a door.

Ady ideas?

What mid and full cases out there cool the best on air?

BTW, I might go to water someday, but right now, let's just talk about air cooling.

Thanks!!

Cooler master Centurion 5!! Very good for air cooling :)

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article200-page1.html

sladesurfer said:
Cooler master Centurion 5!! Very good for air cooling :)

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article200-page1.html
I'll check into it.

Found this comparison between he various old-style stackers:

It seems that between the STC-T01 and the 810, there is a tradeoff: crossflow fan vs. extra 120mm fan. I could (I imagine) mod a 2nd 120mm into the PSU space I don't use on the T01, if I went that way.

Thoughts on the best of the two?

Back