Most complicated monitor cabling ever?

Can someone beat this?

For driving the vp2290b (3840x2400 display) i gave my sister via 2x dual link DVI @ 60Hz (vs driving 4x single link).

That is:

Computer ->
2x Dual link DVI cable ->
2x matrox triple head 2 go (DL-DVI -> 2x Single link DVI) ->
4x DVI cable ->
4x DVI detective (monitor voltage too low for matrox) ->
4x DVI cable ->
2x DMS-59 end ->
monitor.

I bought this hardware a long time ago in order to get higher refresh rate on a 4k display that couldn't take dual link DVI (only 4x single). Back then almost no video cards could do four outputs from a single GPU which is required as the timing has to be very close between the links or the display won't work.

My sister decided to switch over to linux for her work machine so I brought this setup in so she could run the display correctly as ati driver's won't work at all for spanning on linux.

I'm sorry, I'm too busy wondering what that grey goo in the bucket is to look at the cabling.

The cabling on my old 5x1 setup was quite a nightmare, considering I had to rip all 5 displays out of their bezels and then hang each PCB off the Ergotron mount lol

The cabling on my old 5x1 setup was quite a nightmare, considering I had to rip all 5 displays out of their bezels and then hang each PCB off the Ergotron mount lol

<snip images>

puke-rainbows.jpg

Back