Most comfortable headphones you have used?

Fully [H]
Wondering what headphones you guys think are the most comfortable...

Overall personally I like the way the AKG's feel. They have the benefits of the ATH-A**** series without the feeling of being big or loose. Personally I also like the full overhead band vs the ATH wings. If you wear them for a long time it just feels more balanced, where as the wings start to feel weird after a while. Just my opinion. I find most headphones comfortable though where I see a lot of people complain. Not sure why that is.

By far and away, the Denon D1000 for me. Compact, light, no headband clamp and breathable earpads. Basically, I forget that I'm wearing them.

i've tried: ad700, dt770's, dt880's, dt990's, sony xb500, dt 150 and denon d2000's. i found the d2000's to be top dog. out of the beyers i like the non-pro versions as they had less clamping.

Has to be the Sennheiser HD595s for me, just because they are so light, especially when compared to my Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pros.

HD595, like fss69 with the D1000 i forget i'm wearing them and i've broken the desk phone hanger and almsot the cable because i've got up and walked away with the cable around it...

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/545368/review-fischer-audio-fa-011-off-the-deep-end

They are about $110 btw.

I know this company is not well known yet. However, they have been getting great, bang for the buck, reviews. You can trust this reviewer to be thorough. If he says they are comfy, they are. He has had more headphones than me. That is saying something. I would get a pair of these if I wasn't sure I would not listen to them much b/c I am getting Stax.

not sure about the most comfortable,but i can say what the worst was.the most uncomfortable headphones ive ever used was turtlebeach hpa1!those things wre ear killers defo stay away.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/545368/review-fischer-audio-fa-011-off-the-deep-end

They are about $110 btw.

I know this company is not well known yet. However, they have been getting great, bang for the buck, reviews. You can trust this reviewer to be thorough. If he says they are comfy, they are. He has had more headphones than me. That is saying something. I would get a pair of these if I wasn't sure I would not listen to them much b/c I am getting Stax.

Where would you recommend buying these? I looked around and didn't see many US dealers.

i find audio-technica to be the most comfortable albeit not the most convenient. i measure comfort by lightness in terms of weight and clamping force, and by heat inside the cup after prolonged use.

their headphones are about as light as you can get in these terms and that lends to them easily falling off your head, unfortunately. the drivers actually do produce quite a bit of heat but the cups are so airy it's dispersed well.

The headphones I have tried or own(ed), in order of most to least comfortable:

Denon AH-D5000
Audio Technica ATH-A700
Sennheiser HD595
Audio Technica ATH-M50
Sony MDR V6

Beyerdynamic DT880s. Very light and have velour pads. Easy to forget you are wearing them.

Sennheiser HD555's...It's the most expensive headphones I have lol I can't compare it to anything else =x

been using Audio Technica ATH-A700 for almost a year. long gaming sessions bothered my ears until i got these.

Beyerdynamic DT880s. Very light and have velour pads. Easy to forget you are wearing them.
I like these too. They are nice and light and the clamping force is just right. I like a snug fit, not too tight, but more on the snug side than loose.

audio technicas are super comfortable but slight creaking of wing system gets annoying

Audio Technica ATH-AD700. I've been using these for over a year also.

PC gaming, music and movies. Win.

Sennheiser hd457, they were cheap but I couldn't even tell I had them on at times.

Next in line I would say was my AD700s followed by my hd600s.

Between my DT880 and my AKG K702, I would give comfort to the K702. The pads are so big they don't ever make contact with your ear.

ATH-M50s, though this is mostly due to the utterly poorly made headsets I used to use. It's not comfortable, but relatively to me, it's really great in the first 30min of each session of use.

I'd have to say among those I've used...

HD 800 > T1 = DT 770/DT 880/DT 990 = K701 = HD 600/HD 650 >>>>> MS-1i > PortaPro > E2c

The best headband IMO is/are without a doubt the HD 600 and HD 650 - the foam is so amazingly soft and cushion-y, I don't even feel it. The headbands of the others aren't nearly as good, but it about equals out with the mild Sennheiser clamp after stretching the metal bands on my HD 600. The HD 800 solves that and is absurdly comfortable to me - perhaps not nearly as invisible a headband as the HD 600 but the overall fit including the amazing ear pads is better than anything else I've worn.

Whatever you do make sure you get one that fits over your ears, basically you don't want it to sit on your ears because after a couple hours it will start to hurt.

owned Sen 590's and now 595's and i love them i can wear them for hours and forget i got them on!

Best ones I've used were either the AD700s or the HD600s. Open headphones are much more comfortable to me since it doesn't cause my ears to sweat after 30 minutes.

I was really surprised at how the Logitech G35 headset felt. After a few minutes I forgot I was wearing a headset.

Back